Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 05:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Clearview qwestions

I got this because I had a cheap simulator and controller that plugs in from Xheli that didn't work. The controller still worked so I downloaded clearview. After I start the program up the helcopeters blades are always spining. Is there a way to stop this. Note the controller I am using is a 4ch I don't know if this would be a cause also.
jpedersm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep.

If you look at your settings for the controller, you'll find idle up assigned to keyboard F1 and F2.

Basically the program starts the heli in idle up mode, and restarts seem to do the same thing.

I never really figured a way to always start the program in normal flight (or restart on the heli), since I'm used to it starting idle up on clearview.

A 4ch will have another thing to do with it. Clearview won't be able to assign a switch for it (why a keyboard button is assigned). I had a different controller from another sim, and had no switches at all.

I ended up getting RF6, and pretty happy with the controller that came with it. Though some people hate RF6, and prefer phoenix.

Other then that, clearview tend to help me allot on orientation. RF6 offered more in hover training, and perhaps eye candy.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is clearview A good simulator to learn 3d on. I was watching some training videos were a guy was using the phoenix simulator and he can flip it close to the ground now when I try it on clear view I always crash. Am I not doing it right or what? Also it seems sometimes the simulator lags just a little bit. Is there a way to speed it up or would it be my computer.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can flip the heli on clearview close to the ground. In my opinion, clearview is an okay program to learn from. It's actually better then the one I brought from Xheli, which was an esky sim. The program didn't exactly run well at all on win7. But I was happy when I first started using clearview, compared to the esky I tried.

As far as if your doing it right... I dunno. I can't see what you are doing.

There is an option for display under settings. You can choose low and restart the program to see if that helps your computer. Mines set to high.

Here's a search of vid's on clearview off youtube:

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=vid...&oq=clearview+
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Old 12-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Would it be because I am using a 4ch remote instead of a 6. I can flip it higher with the 4ch remote because when I start it seems it is idle up already just when I am close to the ground once I flip it I almost need to act so fast to save it from smacking earth.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My esky would act more like a 4ch. So when the program starts, the blades are at full speed, indicating idle up is turned on. So you can flip the heli on take off from that point.

Now if your setting it up differently, you need to be sure it is in idle up to perform flips and rolls. You can tell by the sound, and if you pull the throttle all the way down (even if the heli is right side up) the blades will not stop turning.

You can also adjust the training time scale. It defaults to 100 ever time you start it up. 150 is the max (which is the quickest). If you go 50 (slows it down dramatically), it gives you plenty of time to see how the stick movements you do.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes clearview is great even though i am 12yrs old i am learning 3d also so yea its so far working great for me
Clear View Sim
cmorrsn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been using clearview for a few years now and it has worked very well for me. I tried phoenix and realflight and can't really tell a difference. One thing you do need is a good video card...minimum 512megs and at least a 3.0 G proc. The newer stuff comming out I use a 1 gig video card and quad core proc. Lag in a training program is not a good thing, there should be no lag except for when a heli or plane is loading. Ram doesn't hurt either, especially the way win7 ultilizes resources...great OS...better then it predecessors. The HD fields require a lot but they sure do look great and very real.

Robertwav1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertwav1 View Post
The HD fields require a lot but they sure do look great and very real.
On RF6 the HD stuff is amazing as well. I can tell a difference between CV and RF6 though. All I can say is between both, I do prefer RF6 and its because of the USB futaba remote mainly. It's very close as far a size as my Walkera 2801 TX. Had to switch the switches around to make it more exact for controls, since I'm use to having the TH on the left.

To me, there are subtle differences in flight characteristics. I do like the eye candy which makes it look real. And depending on if your flying electric or nitro, it will run out of juice to keep it more like your flying the real thing. The TH seems more realistic over CV, but still based on the same principle of control landing.

Clearview is still a great product for the price though. It can teach you the right stuff to gain a good understanding for a person who has never flown a rc heli. I still use it every now an then, but mainly use RF6 most of the time.

The only thing I hate... is the camera view, which can mess me up. Its like watching your flying through a camera.

But... I try to off set that by switching to manual, and giving me more to see around the heli. I end up hitting the ground since I can't see how close to the ground I am in certain situations.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Clearview: New Heli model!

Maybe I'm behind the 8 ball but just did an update on the Clearview and found out that they added a Trex 600E flybarless Heli...I've been using the Trex 700N all this time and was glad to see they added the flybarless heli...what a big difference!
Thug Hunter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in