Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TT 50 Titan make over:

Hi People,
I have decided (for better or worse) to spend some cash on my heli. I have really battled to decide what up-grades I should do to get a good looking personalized powerful 3D heli.
I am really still very unsure if I should do the motor change. Currently she is fitted with a TT50 Pro and I would want to go for an OS 55, but the 55 is extremely pricy. I am also considering the 53 Redline which is much cheaper.
My list of upgrades also includes: 3D glass fiber personalized canopy, DS 620 Align servos, Red dampers, TT carbon tail fin set, CY 4mm paddles, (which should go well with my 600mm CY carbon blades) 74mm CY carbon tail blades, and some small extras….
Your comments will be valued…
Tristin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the 72mm tail blades are too small. You need the 92mm tail blades. The tiger 53 is not that bad, some people have had tuning issues. The TT53 also runs better with the pipes sold by TT.
E325 Mini Titan
AMA #855806
jschief is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is there a good deal of power difference between my current motor, (the TT 50 PRO) and the RL 53. I don’t want to wish I had gone for the OS 55 due to the RL 53 being a bit lazy…? DO all new RL have to carb problem sorted out?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes the carb issues have been sorted, matter of fact fact i heard something a while back about the carbs, something about sending your old one in and TT gives you the new 2nd gen carb for free. i love my .53 starts right up every time, tunes easy and holds it well.
progunpilot85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristin View Post
Is there a good deal of power difference between my current motor, (the TT 50 PRO) and the RL 53. I don’t want to wish I had gone for the OS 55 due to the RL 53 being a bit lazy…? DO all new RL have to carb problem sorted out?
The TT pro has a pretty small carb, so if you go to the Redline, the difference in power will most likely be startling. I have a TT pro that I have never used because I have a 50 Hyper, the the carb is considerably bigger on the Hyper than the TT pro. I doubt you would be disappointed in the Redline, the OS 55, or even an OS 50 Hyper for that matter. They all have more power than the TT 50 Pro.

I am thankful for all the new bigger engines, it is making the OS 50 Hyper nice and cheap to get. The 50 Hyper is all I, and most people for that matter, really need. If I want more power, I'll get a 90 size helicopter.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

What 90 would you go for and what would your setup be?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Redline is a good engine, OS 55 is also but $$$, I still like the OS 50 Hyper, (but it like to eat bearing sometimes), all depends on your skill level and whats your style, 92mm for the tail I use the KBDD, much cheaper than CF and hold up in crashes a lot better and IMO just as good. Metal Head and grips are always nice if your running higher head speeds and tightens things up a little, Main Blade I like the RotorTech 610mm or Radix 600mm SB
I like the DS610 they are plenty fast and have more Torque than the DS620 12kg vs 10kg @6V but a little noisy on the bench, but once in the air who cares? I have the Kasama Srimock on my Raptor Titian and what a world of difference it made ( a mod is needed for that though) But I think you can use other heads now and just increase mixing levers that will put out +/- 15 deg (helikraft.com) has these I think now. And some heads at ok Prices. Infinovation dampers, like the O-ring style they seem help stiffen up the head ( heliproz I think has those)
I also dropped the fin off mine, went with the new SE canopy,
I like to make one change at a time to judge the Difference, but thats just me
Have Fun You're not any where we have not all been
Old 11-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoritis View Post
But I think you can use other heads now and just increase mixing levers that will put out +/- 15 deg
A search in this section shows that you can use stock Raptor head parts from the new SE to achieve -+15 degrees pitch. You can do what I did by using the SE seesaw and mixing arms, stiffer dampeners and some dremel work on the stock V2 metal headblock. Or you can buy an entire stock SE head and mainshaft and get the big pitch range. There is no need to frankenstein other brand's parts anymore.

Tristin, I am not sure what 90 I would get or what the setup would be. I would be happy with a used Raptor 90, though I have always been partial to the Synergy N9. The Srimok is also one I would like. I have no interest in the T-rex 700 though, for no real reason beyond it seeming like a generic helicopter. I am sure it flies fine, but it just doesn't do it for me. That's why I would rather have a Dodge Charger than a Toyota Camry.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristin View Post
Hi People,
I have decided (for better or worse) to spend some cash on my heli. I have really battled to decide what up-grades I should do to get a good looking personalized powerful 3D heli.
I am really still very unsure if I should do the motor change. Currently she is fitted with a TT50 Pro and I would want to go for an OS 55, but the 55 is extremely pricy. I am also considering the 53 Redline which is much cheaper.
My list of upgrades also includes: 3D glass fiber personalized canopy, DS 620 Align servos, Red dampers, TT carbon tail fin set, CY 4mm paddles, (which should go well with my 600mm CY carbon blades) 74mm CY carbon tail blades, and some small extras….
Your comments will be valued…
Can't use 4mm paddles, the raptor has a 3mm flybar! Use the weights if you must buy those crap paddles! Carbontech 3d paddles are insane if your just after carbon bling!
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, Thanks for the reply, You say the CY are Cr_P, why and no I don’t want t bling, bling heli, I just want her to perform well. You say I should rather look at Carbontech 3d paddles? Why are they better?
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in