Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is what I ordered yesterday,

1 x HN6110 600 3G Programmable Flybarless System - Head Only - Silver
Option's $99.00
1 x 3G Flybarless System (w/ 3G Link) COMBO
Option's $109.00

The complete kit with head and 3G in one box was somewhere around $340 I think. Have I missed something somewhere?
Prontow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prontow View Post
This is what I ordered yesterday,

1 x HN6110 600 3G Programmable Flybarless System - Head Only - Silver
Option's $99.00
1 x 3G Flybarless System (w/ 3G Link) COMBO
Option's $109.00

The complete kit with head and 3G in one box was somewhere around $340 I think. Have I missed something somewhere?
This what you ordered?
http://grandrc.com/Electronics-Flyba...duct_info.html
3G Flybarless System (w/ 3G Link) COMBO

[3G Gyro ONLY +USB]

That's sensor and link only for 109.00
You still needs this.
http://grandrc.com/Electronics-Flyba...duct_info.html

You have F horns? The kit has a set of balls for the swash because they're different leignth for two of them. FBL pitch gauge?
●Main Rotor head Set x1
●Flybarless control unit x1
●Flybarless Sensor x1
●Screw bag x1
●Linkage rod A x2
●Linkage ball A x2
●Head Stopper x1
●Pitch Gauge x1
●Mixing base assembly x1
●Sensor mounting foam x2
●Signal extension wire 100mm x1
●Signal extension wire 220mm x1
●F servo horns x3

Last edited by bad007; 03-03-2012 at 07:10 PM..
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow, guess the devil is in the details. Never noticed the small print specifying gyro only. Looks like I will go with the BeastX setup instead of spending almost the same anount of money to get the rest of the Align system that I will obviously have to work on (Applying silicone to sensors in the gyro unit) before it is installed.
Guess I will still need the F-Horns.
Thanks for the info bad007!
Prontow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prontow View Post
Wow, guess the devil is in the details. Never noticed the small print specifying gyro only. Looks like I will go with the BeastX setup instead of spending almost the same anount of money to get the rest of the Align system that I will obviously have to work on (Applying silicone to sensors in the gyro unit) before it is installed.
Guess I will still need the F-Horns.
Thanks for the info bad007!
No mod needed for the sensor. That was just on the original sensor when the 3G was first released.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just wondering have you guys had any problem with your 3G unit flying well when its cold outside. I flew last weekend and it was nice and warm and everything flew great. Went out today and it was about 40 degrees and when I lift the bird off the ground it was shaking uncontrollably. Wondering if the 2 sided tape was so cold it didn't do its job. Only thing I could think of. Any other ideas?
farleys04 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, ok, I just stumbled on this thread, now, I take exception to anyone saying that the 3G is garbage as a blanket statement. I own 4 birds at the moment and all except the 450 runs a 3G. Never once had a problem. They all fly fine in very hard sport mode and some crappy 3D. I own a V-bar but actually removed it from one of my T600's due to the complexity of having to use a PC to set it up. Every single 3G unit I've programmed has worked flawlessly. I liked it so much I even bought a spare from GrandRc for 99 bucks (what a friggin steal) just in case I smash one in a crash. At the end of the day it just boils down to what YOU like. They all work well but I always believe it is largely due to set up. No one FBL controller is perfect, period. Buy what you like n fly what you like.. Just have fun.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I fly a 3g on my 500, I hate my life when I fly it. It has random tail kicks every 3 or 2 or 1 or multiple times in a flight. I did the sensor mod, metal plate and strapped it down. I want to fly it hard and break it, but I am always nervous of the tail twitch sending me out of control. I want to get a 3GX to put on it, or new firmware to fix the twitch, other than that I have no complaints about the FBL stabilization. It can be better, Beast X or V-Bar but it does the job good enough, and if you know how to control a heli, a slight instability is no problem.
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got about 6 flights on my 600 nitro 3G now and have no complaints. This is my first FBL so this one is all I know. I had to reduce the gains a little to get rid of some shakes when I flipped the heli, but I have not had any tail kick issues. I'm still learning the tweeking process and what all the setting do, but it flys fine for my limited abilities so far. I'm aslo using the stock FB main blades at the moment.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also run the stock CYB Blades and have no problems with them. Like I said the only thing weird that's ever happened was yesterday when I tried to fly it when it was cold out. Will give it a shot today to see if that was the problem.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get a protractor and check the tail blade max pitch at limits, anything past 25deg. and it will bladed stall. Use a piece of tape and run it out ot the 25deg. marks. Can you hear motor rpm change like the one way is slipping?
The best setup, RM, servo horn 90ed, 2-3 deg. on the tail blades and 25deg. max pitch both directions and fly it.
Here's a velocity 50, almost 30deg. on the tail blades at full travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
I fly a 3g on my 500, I hate my life when I fly it. It has random tail kicks every 3 or 2 or 1 or multiple times in a flight. I did the sensor mod, metal plate and strapped it down. I want to fly it hard and break it, but I am always nervous of the tail twitch sending me out of control. I want to get a 3GX to put on it, or new firmware to fix the twitch, other than that I have no complaints about the FBL stabilization. It can be better, Beast X or V-Bar but it does the job good enough, and if you know how to control a heli, a slight instability is no problem.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

The stock tape does get hard when cold, links get tight. Also main blade tension has to be adjsuted. Let it set out and check all the links, you should be able to twist them and snug up the blades at needed. The spartan tape is softer and works better in the cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by farleys04 View Post
Just wondering have you guys had any problem with your 3G unit flying well when its cold outside. I flew last weekend and it was nice and warm and everything flew great. Went out today and it was about 40 degrees and when I lift the bird off the ground it was shaking uncontrollably. Wondering if the 2 sided tape was so cold it didn't do its job. Only thing I could think of. Any other ideas?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW, your not running 3.0 are ya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope running 2.1. I flew it again on a warm day and it flew great again. I bought the y cable and usb to set it a little better on the pc. I hope I can get this thing dialed in a little better.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im on my 2nd 3G..1st was on my old Protos 500 and flew awesome.2nd is on my brand new Trex 700N LE that has 6 whole flights on it.My Protos flew awesome with the 3G out of the box with no setting changes but my 700N flys like total azz with it .Im not having any tail issues,never have with either Align FBL unit and never had any with the 6 Align gyros I have.The problem im having is the FBL doesn't feel right at all,can't even do a OK piro flip..Im about to mess with setting for the first time and will report back..
Updated it to V3.0 and put the Leon Luke setting in it tonight..After doing some reading,lots of people say V3.0 flys like crap so im changing it back to V2.1 tomorrow before going out..Heres a video from yesterday and its so bad right now that I don't wanna get close to the ground.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQeo-LosslU[/ame]

I'll report back tomorrow with another video with the Leon settings and V2.1 ...I do have a V3.0 BeastX but I planned on putting that on my 12S 600E..If I don't like it after adjusting settings i'll put the BeastX on the 700N and leave the flybar on the 12S 600E until I get another BeastX..As of right now the 700N is screwing my flying all up because I go from flying my 600E which flys perfect with the flybar to flying the 700N with a crappy flying FBL system..
Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I took the 3g plunge because heliproz were getting rid of them at $50 for the sensor and processor (I already had the fbl heads for 450 and 600). Just like a lot of others I was really geeked up to get it on and get my birds in the air. I thought I would start with the 450 since it would be less expensive to repair. After tinkering with it on the bench and test hovering and test crashing (totally my fault) let me say this...

If you take the time for follow the instructions.... It is a good unit

The mechanical set up, zero pitch for blades and swash at mid stick and correct cyclic ranges are the most important things you can do to achieve success with this unit.

It is not magical but it does work.
Low Hover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in