Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support > Bantam

Bantam Bantam e-Station Charger Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Voltage on the 2 cells is 4.2V.
When you say that you haven't heard of this before are you commenting on the 1V showing on cell 6 or that the Eflite charger appears to be giving a superior charge?

I suppose I should have also mentioned that I am using part EAB101 to connect my Eflite battery to the charger,.not the EAC144 conversion board which was out of stock when I ordered the charger.

Appreciated your prompt response to the initial post.
dormani is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Addendum to previous post, Lipol definitley selected. Charge rate 800mah.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:05 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

If you are not using the Bantam board, then that is more than likely causing the problem. I assumed you were using all Bantam product.
RC Accessory is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was under the impression that this was a Bantam product. Anyway, I will wait for the new board that I have ordered before I recharge the Eflite battery. Just a quick other question, what boarrd do I use for an Art-Tech battery that was provided with my Falcon 3D heli. It is a 11.1V rated at 1300mah. I appreciate your help on my queries.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:17 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormani View Post
I was under the impression that this was a Bantam product. Anyway, I will wait for the new board that I have ordered before I recharge the Eflite battery. Just a quick other question, what boarrd do I use for an Art-Tech battery that was provided with my Falcon 3D heli. It is a 11.1V rated at 1300mah. I appreciate your help on my queries.
I do not know what tap is used on that pack. Can you post a pic of the tap?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:04 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default euro plug v 110/220

HI,

Not to hijack if this is the wrong site to ask. I messed up because I could not wait :o and found a BC6 dual voltage input - and ordered it - it turns out that the place I ordered it from was overseas and it came with a ruro plug - there is no indication from the manual that I need to throw a switch to tell it we use 110v when it does say it uses 110-220. Do I simply use a plug adaptor or do I ned to do something else like throw a switch I do not see.
Thanks
newbe at 1/08 - G4, CX2, W 5G6, HB FP, Falcon 3D, DX7, Trex450 SE NEW V2 build underway [phoenix35 esc, 3 times hs65mg, 9257 tail servo, 6100e RX, DX7, 401 gyro, stock motor, stock battery or similar]

AND YES, I WATCH THE WONDERFUL FINLESS VIDEOS
jnich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2008, 05:06 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnich View Post
HI,

Not to hijack if this is the wrong site to ask. I messed up because I could not wait :o and found a BC6 dual voltage input - and ordered it - it turns out that the place I ordered it from was overseas and it came with a ruro plug - there is no indication from the manual that I need to throw a switch to tell it we use 110v when it does say it uses 110-220. Do I simply use a plug adaptor or do I ned to do something else like throw a switch I do not see.
Thanks
The Power supply is auto switching. We do have extra AC cords in stock if you need one.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:11 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow - don't you sleep? Let me check out any other assccessories that I may need - I make too many orders from the same places day after day and need to stop and think more

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Accessory View Post
The Power supply is auto switching. We do have extra AC cords in stock if you need one.
newbe at 1/08 - G4, CX2, W 5G6, HB FP, Falcon 3D, DX7, Trex450 SE NEW V2 build underway [phoenix35 esc, 3 times hs65mg, 9257 tail servo, 6100e RX, DX7, 401 gyro, stock motor, stock battery or similar]

Old 03-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
wow - don't you sleep? Let me check out any other assccessories that I may need - I make too many orders from the same places day after day and need to stop and think more
Not a problem. We just got in our Bantam order 2 days ago, so we have full stock on all items on the web site. As far as the power cable goes, that is not listed on the web site, but it would be only $5.00. Delivery is 1 day to you as we are in Tampa, FL.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok - I have these batteries (so far) to charge
eflight for cx2 2 cell 7.4v and esky (for HBFP) same kind
align 3 cell 11.1 V

the eflights and eskys have 3 contacts (white connector) and the align has 4 (somethintg you already know)

The adaptor I got is a "MPX / TP and it does not have a slot with three contacts. So this adaptor will not work with my 3-contact eflights or eskys will it?

AND - I can not tell on the adaptor where the positives are - so I am not sure this adaptor is right without getting another adaptor to reverse positive or not.

AND I understand that to balance, besides just plugging into the adaptor board, the charging lead from the charger need to be plugged into the batteries's output. The charging lead wires have alligator clips on the end which will fit in the battery output. And I hate the fact that just metal is exposed postive/negative so close togeather if I jurty rig yet another adaptor. Do you sell various charging lead adpators to to connect to deans, and jst's or do I have to make my own - I would rather have an adaptor for each and eliminate the alligator clips.

So given what I do have, please advise and recommend the appropariate part numbers and I will make the order and order something else in anticipation of crashing to make it more worth your time.
Thank you

Quote:
Not a problem. We just got in our Bantam order 2 days ago, so we have full stock on all items on the web site. As far as the power cable goes, that is not listed on the web site, but it would be only $5.00. Delivery is 1 day to you as we are in Tampa, FL.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
ok - I have these batteries (so far) to charge
eflight for cx2 2 cell 7.4v and esky (for HBFP) same kind
align 3 cell 11.1 V

the eflights and eskys have 3 contacts (white connector) and the align has 4 (somethintg you already know)

The adaptor I got is a "MPX / TP and it does not have a slot with three contacts. So this adaptor will not work with my 3-contact eflights or eskys will it?

AND - I can not tell on the adaptor where the positives are - so I am not sure this adaptor is right without getting another adaptor to reverse positive or not.

AND I understand that to balance, besides just plugging into the adaptor board, the charging lead from the charger need to be plugged into the batteries's output. The charging lead wires have alligator clips on the end which will fit in the battery output. And I hate the fact that just metal is exposed postive/negative so close togeather if I jurty rig yet another adaptor. Do you sell various charging lead adpators to to connect to deans, and jst's or do I have to make my own - I would rather have an adaptor for each and eliminate the alligator clips.

So given what I do have, please advise and recommend the appropariate part numbers and I will make the order and order something else in anticipation of crashing to make it more worth your time.
Thank you
we have them all. www.rcaccessory.com

JST/BEC Charge Cable. http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp...PROD&ProdID=73
Ultra Plug Charge Cable http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp...PROD&ProdID=38
EAC124 board for Eflight type lipo connector. http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=197
Old 03-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks - I'll call today as I can not order online if I need the 110v adaptor (not sure if the plugs that fit into the back of most computers would work for this)

Quote:

Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Attached are a couple of photos for the connector type EAB101 that was requested. Also I would like to know what board type I need to charge my Art-Tech 3S 1300mah battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG8079.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	42721   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG8080.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	42722  
Old 03-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

i made my order as above - a computer ac cord fit the bc6 nicely and did not fry it so I guess I andwered my own question

I am holding an align 2100mah 3 cell in my hand as well as an art-tech 1300 (because i have trex 450 and falcon 3d) they are have exactly the same connectors with exactly the same plus positions - so you want the one mentioned above eac124

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormani View Post
Attached are a couple of photos for the connector type EAB101 that was requested. Also I would like to know what board type I need to charge my Art-Tech 3S 1300mah battery.

Last edited by jnich; 03-21-2008 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: clarify
Old 03-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

im in the market for a new charger that can do all the types of batteries and also with the most features. i was looking at the tp 1010c and an estation. i have a couple of questions?
do any of the estations charge through the balance connector? also which estation has the most features and the top of line charger? will this charger have more features than the 1010c?
thanks for the help!
3sgte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sgte View Post
im in the market for a new charger that can do all the types of batteries and also with the most features. i was looking at the tp 1010c and an estation. i have a couple of questions?
do any of the estations charge through the balance connector? also which estation has the most features and the top of line charger? will this charger have more features than the 1010c?
thanks for the help!
The e-Station chargers do nto charge through the balance connector. The charge is through the main discharge leads and the balancer will bleed the excess voltage from the high cells through the balance tap.

The e-Station BC6-10 and BC-8 do have more features overall than the 1010C, but the 1010C does have some over the e-Station line as well.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the fast reply! do any of the estations have updatedable sw through the computer as the 1010c does?
3sgte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sgte View Post
thanks for the fast reply! do any of the estations have updatedable sw through the computer as the 1010c does?
Not at this time. All of the e-Station chargers are flash upgradable, but at this time Bantam is not allowing this to be done outside the factory for 2 reasons.

1). When Bantam does update/upgrade a charger, the charger does go through a recalibration that cannot be done outside the factory.

2). When you open up the software to be flash updatable, you have the potential for the software to be hacked. There have been copies of the Bantam products made in China that have proven over and over to be a cheap knock off's that have had numerous issues. They look like and program like a Bantam e-Station chargers, but they could not copy the firmware. Even the 1010C charger was copied. The copy was so good that even the TP updates work on it! Bantam will not allow that to happen. So until it can be done in such a way that is safe to their product, all updates happen at the factory.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:15 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Multiple Chargers off a single DC power source

Evan, I have DC power supply (150 watts output) to run my BC8. Is it OK to connect two BC8's to a single power source (via bulldog clips) and charge multiple battery packs (say 2 x 6S) all at once?
tricky dicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Evan,

What is the status of the e-station 902? I have heard that it was being discontinued. Is this true and if so what is it being replaced with?
gmohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in