Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Not sure if I should dump the Futaba T7c

Im a novice flyer and I would like to say the menu system in this futaba t7c isnt my favorite. I wanted to set up dual rate but there is no graphs or anything and it seems a little hard. Do any of you all think it would be worth it for me to buy a new radio and which one the 8channel? Im flying a trex500 and I also own trex450 and I remember setting up dual rates on my old JR radio but it was reasier with a line that you could adjust where here its all numbers that are kinda awkward for a menu. Could a differant radio improve my flying skills?

one more thing. Am I the only one who just uses there thumbs on the control stiocks when flying? I hold the radio in my hands and just ust my thumbs with out a neckstrap.
Buzzard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go into your dual rate menu and then pick the item you want to to put dual rates on. Once your there move the switch that controls it and then dial down the 100% to what you want. If you want to cut the throw in half then go down to 50%. That's it.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

try using your index fingers and thumbs, I used to use just my thumbs when flying planks, a pilot at the field suggested to me once. Been doing that ever since took some while getting used to but it helped doing manuevers gives a finer touch so to say and more precision. Easeir to make smaller movements too. No neckstrap either.
Spell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want a fancy menu then go for the 10C A high end radio will not necessary improve your flying skill but just give you the extra menu options for further fine tuning your bird to your liking. I use a 7C and i find it sufficient for me at least for the moment on the type of flying i do.
leonmike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used a 7C for over a year and loved it. Very easy to figure out, and programing the mixes are easy too..But since I got into nitro's I needed the extra channel for carb smart system and I bought a 10C.
Very nice radio. I love the throttle curve menu how you can even move the points closer together or farther apart to really tune your bird to your flying style.
Plus the big screen is really nice too..
I scored mine new in the box on ebay for 380 bucks..
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

IMO the 7C is a greatly underrated radio. It has a couple features that the DX7 doesn't, including a programmable timer you can link to any conditional switch or stick position. Personally it's the perfect radio for me. I fly electric only, and my largest electric is flybarless (so I don't need a fancy radio, everything is done in the V-Bar unit).

Dual rates are simply setup by assigning a value to a certain switch position on the given channel. It's quite easy to setup a rudder dual rate for example ...
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I sere some 10c radios on ebay but I dont think they come with a reciever can I use my 7 channel reciever?
There is also a 8 channel radio from futaba that seams to offer twice the resolution of the 10 channel if that makes a differance.

also going through the menus for dual rate I was guessing I would want to do pitch and aliron but its not giving me a option for pitch. And what is the option under D/R% that says EXP+- %

Last edited by Buzzard; 01-06-2010 at 02:54 PM..
Old 01-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

There is a compatibility matrix on Futaba-RC.com that will answer that question for you.

Found it: http://2.4gigahertz.com/receivers/index.html
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most of the 10C radios on ebay that are cheap in price don't come with a receiver. It will link with your 7 channel and most of the other 2.4 receivers.
The resolution of the 8channel is the same as the 10C if your using all digital servos. I believe it is 2048, faster then the spectrum stuff..
Old 01-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashagain View Post
Most of the 10C radios on ebay that are cheap in price don't come with a receiver. It will link with your 7 channel and most of the other 2.4 receivers.
The resolution of the 8channel is the same as the 10C if your using all digital servos. I believe it is 2048, faster then the spectrum stuff..
I bought a 10cg off ebay and im guessing Ill be at 1024 resolution? Im still novice and I would have bought the whole kit from amian but since im not a expert piolot I dont think it will matter much but correct me if Im wrong. I have been watching finless (bob)'s videos on the 10cg and wow alot of stuff. Id like to know if all I can get is 1024 resolution from my 7c reciever and anything I need to do special to make sure the radio liks up correctly and I dont have any problems. Anyt advice on setup with my configuration would very much apricated.

Btw I noticed there is a backlight on the radio which means it should have a bogger battery. What battery should I get and I dont think I want a lipo reciever pack if they make a decent nicad I can just plug in the wall.

Thank you all for your support.
btw $355 was the bill for the 10cg on ebay
I got a perfectly good 7c for sale now that still has the sdcreen protector on.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will only get the 2048 resolution with the 8channel hs or the 14channel hs if you use digital servos.
Honestly, unless your a hard core 3D pilot you won't really notice the difference between the 2048 resolution and the regular speed the 7 channel receivers offer. You can change the timer on your backlight so it does not stay on very long. This will help with battery life. I am running a lipo in my radio and love it. I only have to charge it once a month, and thats using it every sat and sun, plus using it during the week for setting up different things.. Nice thing about a lipo too is if your at the field and do need to charge your battery, you can do it in 20 minutes instead of 10 hours on a wall charger..
Old 01-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashagain View Post
You will only get the 2048 resolution with the 8channel hs or the 14channel hs if you use digital servos.
Honestly, unless your a hard core 3D pilot you won't really notice the difference between the 2048 resolution and the regular speed the 7 channel receivers offer. You can change the timer on your backlight so it does not stay on very long. This will help with battery life. I am running a lipo in my radio and love it. I only have to charge it once a month, and thats using it every sat and sun, plus using it during the week for setting up different things.. Nice thing about a lipo too is if your at the field and do need to charge your battery, you can do it in 20 minutes instead of 10 hours on a wall charger..
Please tell me what lipo to buy and the current I need to charge it with Please
Old 01-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just googled and found this place.. they are in Utah so you should get it pretty quick.
You might also find them at Amain hobbies, or Readyheli or helidirect..
http://www.rcplanet.com/product_p/asc634.htm
Just charge it with your regular lipo charger, just make an adapter from a deans to a futaba female plug and charge it up..
Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down

[quote=crashagain;1768677]I just googled and found this place.. they are in Utah so you should get it pretty quick.
You might also find them at Amain hobbies, or Readyheli or helidirect..
http://www.rcplanet.com/product_p/asc634.htm
Just charge it with your regular lipo charger, just make an adapter from a deans to a futaba female plug and charge it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in