Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2015, 07:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default anyone still there

hi guys i keep popping back from time to time to see the activity and have grown concerned at the lack of new posts.Are people still flying or have people now moved onto quads and not looked back i had the 450 out last weekend and had a funny crash.
i came down to land and didn't see a large rock and the tail blades shattered,the heli bucked over to the right and the tips of my cf blades was filed down a few ml

I forget how lucky we are on this forum with the funny smiles we have,wish i could have them on a different forum i use
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know, me too. It is quiet, isn't it. Maybe things keep getting in the way of flying. I know for me for a while now every time I've been in the mood to fly the weather has been crappy, and more recently I've had a really bad cold that I'm only just now getting over, so like a typical man I haven't really felt like doing anything.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2015, 09:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

it is great to see you are still here.I spent a few years with to many reasons not to go flying like i was tired or the weather looks like it might rain so i will wait another day before going. i kicked myself up the butt this year and got to get back out there

Last edited by dayshaddow; 05-02-2015 at 01:58 PM..
dayshaddow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2015, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a bit like you Anthony, little going on employment wise, so funds are limited and the 600 still needs finishing. The 450's ok, but as I live on the flight line of an international airport, I have to travel to fly, and I am unable to travel at the moment. So that is why I'm getting very little done. Hearts still in it, just not got the means. And other big ticket stuff keeps coming up all too often, trying to raise a child!!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hay copterboy good to know you to are around, I can imagion keeping a 600 up the the air would be very costly and dread what a crash would be like i don't drive so getting to my old flying field was a 20 minute walk so if the weather was'nt perfect it was another excuse for me to stay home
I hope work picks up for you soon..never fun counting out the penny's
Old 05-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just enjoying a typical Colorado spring here. Which means that every time I get a day off it rains or blows, or I'm too beat up from work.

Go 'dark arts' or go home!

Old 05-04-2015, 07:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, it's a long time since I last posted here! Sorry about that! Hope everyone's well and still ticking over!

I've slowly started to get back into the game this year. I'm on my last month of uni so I've got a ton of work to get done but after then I'm free for a bit to do what I want again.

I've flown the 500 this year once or twice but am hoping to be flying a lot more after uni. I even started up the 600 without the main blades (being cautious because they've been sitting for so long).

I also ordered an eflight carbon z yak 54 last week which should be here on Wednesday. Always wondered what it would be like to fly an rc plane. Hopefully I don't crash!

So that's what I have in store for the upcoming summer (if we have one). I hope I manage to get it all done.

It's nice to see some of the ol' faces still posting here I missed these emoticons
Old 05-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear you check on Jonny!

So, what are the plans then for after graduation?
Old 05-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Woah, Jonny, good to hear from you bud. Hopefully you'll keep us posted with your progress when you get back into it, I guess over the course of summer.

Good luck with your last few months at uni. I hope you get your expected grade or better.

I'm sure you'll do fine with the plank, but it might be a good idea to get a couple of hours in on the sim, with a similar model, before you get out there with it for real.

Really is great to hear from you.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 05-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys

I'm still unsure of what I'll do after I graduate. I could have a potential job offer this month for 3D architectural design. Depends if this guy likes my work It's in London though, as are most of the jobs related to what I do, so I'd have to think about moving closer etc.

I'll do my best to keep you all posted on my progress (if I manage to fly much that is). You never know what our weather will be like during the summer

I'll be lucky to get a good grade at this point. There's not long until the final deadline and I have so much work left to do it's unreal! As long as I get a pass, I'll be happy. The daft thing about my course is that it factors in so many other things as well as your practical work, that it dampens down your grade. Where as the industry are only looking at how good your skills are in their field of work. In this particular industry, they might hire someone with no qualifications if their work was amazing.

Thankfully, Phoenix has the exact plane I bought. In fact, the reason I bought it was because I liked it on Phoenix I know I'll be nervous when I take it out to the field though. Especially as my brother went halves on it with me so he wants to fly it. He can't control it on the sim properly yet so that's a bit worrying.

Anyways, hopefully the next few months will give me some time to relax and do all the things I've been meaning to do over the last 3 years!

Cheers

Jonny
Old 05-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayshaddow View Post
hi guys i keep popping back from time to time to see the activity and have grown concerned at the lack of new posts.Are people still flying or have people now moved onto quads and not looked back
I also check in from time to time but haven't written anything for a while , as you said looks like it's all about quads and I don't fly one
Old 05-07-2015, 05:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
Hey guys, it's a long time since I last posted here! Sorry about that! Hope everyone's well and still ticking over!

I've slowly started to get back into the game this year. I'm on my last month of uni so I've got a ton of work to get done but after then I'm free for a bit to do what I want again.

I've flown the 500 this year once or twice but am hoping to be flying a lot more after uni. I even started up the 600 without the main blades (being cautious because they've been sitting for so long).

I also ordered an eflight carbon z yak 54 last week which should be here on Wednesday. Always wondered what it would be like to fly an rc plane. Hopefully I don't crash!

So that's what I have in store for the upcoming summer (if we have one). I hope I manage to get it all done.

It's nice to see some of the ol' faces still posting here I missed these emoticons
welcome back stanger
Old 05-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Damn good to see you back Jonny! Its been several years. I just started flying planks a month or so ago. I can pull off some pretty good 3D moves with it. Be warned that too much plank time can make heli skills go to crap, so practice both.

Work/weather has kept me from flying anything lately, but yeah DS Im still here.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragge1 View Post
I also check in from time to time but haven't written anything for a while , as you said looks like it's all about quads and I don't fly one
I have been tempted a few times to get one but i shall stay away and focus on my heli's
Old 12-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi everybody.
Merry Christmas. How are you all doing?
I still flying helicopter. In fact, I still have that Esky Belt CP heli. But the last time I flew it, maybe more then 1 year ago. 2 years ago I got a Warp 360. That was the last heli I bought. Nice heli. Now mostly I fly Align 500 ESP, Tarot 450 Pro and Warp 360. Beside that, I have 3 quad, 450, 330 and 250, and 1 tricopter. I like the tri, with KK 1.0 board, it's so stable.

Hope all of you have a good holiday.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2015, 11:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pinguin! Nice to hear from you again! Been a long time.
Glad to hear you're still flying.
Never tried a tri-copter. My Hexa fly's like that. I find the 250 to be the most fun of all.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am sure you will like Tri. Not just stable, but it flies very nice. I love it.
If you follow FliteTest, once David Windestal said that he like Tri, especially for taking video. At that time I don't own Tri yet.When I got my Tri, I know why he said that.
Here is a video of my Tri:
Tricopter (3 min 46 sec)
Old 12-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice to hear from you again Pinguin. The tri looks very nice to fly, or maybe more likely it was you making it seem good.

Is the tail rotor meant to be at an angle, or is that the result of a knock?
Old 12-16-2015, 01:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it's suppose to be like that, because of the torque. What nice of tri, you can have all props rotating the same direction. No need to have CCW prop. But in my case I use CCW for right front prop.

I do not make it looks good. It does fly really nice. It's good for old people.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I should get one then, lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in