Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Frenzy came in today! First look!

Guys thought I'd post some out of the box pics.
Gonna try to start some assembling tonight or tomorrow.
I'd like to take pictures as I go and post in a thread maybe to help other newbies out, what do you think?
Thanks!

99grandtouring is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man...you're lucky...I actually just got my Frenzy today too...but the catch is, I can't open it for like another month since its my anniversary gift from my wife! It is going to be a pretty tough wait. Maybe I can convince her to let me open it early. Until then, I guess I just have to keep dooling over eveyone elses Frenzy's.

Marc
Japsican is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Can't open it? Man... you need to tell her you at least need to check it for shipping damage

I got a chance to quickly look things over, only thing I took out of the bag is main body / assembly. There is no bolts tight 0, all of them have been left loose / slightly out. First nitro heli so I don't know if this is normal or not but its ok as I planned on taking a apart and loctit'ing anything going into metal.

I can understand the starter shaft / clutch being left loose but the main bearing blocks?
Is there a reason for this? Should I install the main shaft first before tightening these for alignment?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for posting the pic. Mine should be here this week sometime.
dstrobeen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99grandtouring View Post

I can understand the starter shaft / clutch being left loose but the main bearing blocks?
Is there a reason for this? Should I install the main shaft first before tightening these for alignment?
Thats what i did in mine, but make sure the top bearing is flush with the frame. Then put the engine in but leave the bolts loose till you get the clutch lined up.Then tighten the engine, then adjust the clutch Also dont put the thrust washer on the engine! it causes the fan to get to close to the shroud. It is a little tedious, but youll get it. On another note.... If you get frustrated, be patient because the first flight will be well worth it!! This thing flies like it is on rails!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well I stayed up late tonight to get a initial assembly done and check things out. (want to take it to work and show it off )
went together pretty well. Found some things off from the manual vs actual heli.
Gonna post a new thread with the build / pics hopefully others will contribute and we'll get a good database here on helifreak about it / build.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in