Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WK 2603 TX and 4f200 heli problems

I am having problems with the right stick

I am using stick mode 2 (Left hand throttle and rudder, Right hand elevator and aileron)

The Left stick is perfect! Throttle and rudder work exactly as they should Both in normal mode.

The right stick is totally messed up.

I am using training gear and have given enough power to lift the heli skids off the ground with the training gear still on the cement floor.

In normal mode nothing seems right. If I move the stick to the right the hely moves left sideways?
if I move the stick forward the pitch changes and the heli grounds itself?

other stick movements produce whatever but certinally not the commands you want.

I have tried reversing the ailerons sepeterly. Still wrong. Reversed the elevator sepertly not sure what that did but not what I would expect.

I have read and reread the manual (crappy at best).

I am stumped!
Any thoughts?
JR
Jolly Roger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 06:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Bump

I really need some advice on this guys.

I bought this WK2603 TX "slightly used".

The right stick is totally messed up. I can't get it to work correctly no matter what I do!

Left and Right are supposed to controll the Ailerons.

Forward and Back are supposed to control the Elivator.

PLEASE advise.

I think I may have bought a defective TX but I'm not sure>

HELP please?
JR
Old 03-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
I really need some advice on this guys.

I bought this WK2603 TX "slightly used".

The right stick is totally messed up. I can't get it to work correctly no matter what I do!

Left and Right are supposed to controll the Ailerons.

Forward and Back are supposed to control the Elivator.

PLEASE advise.

I think I may have bought a defective TX but I'm not sure>

HELP please?
JR
The first place to look is to make sure the right servos are plugged into the right receiver sockets, then make sure the servos move correctly (reverse or normal) for the function, including the PIT setup

The elevator servo is the one at the front - CH 2

The aileron servo is the one on the right behind the mainshaft, when viewed from the back. - CH 4

The pitch servo is the one on the left behind the mainshaft when viewed from the back - CH 5

Rudder is channel 2, throttle is ch 6 (ESC)

On the 2612 rx, ch 1 is not used.

In my 2801, the channels are set up like this (they may not be the same for the 2603):

Elevator REV
Aileron REV
Throttle NOR
Rudder NOR
Pit NOR
Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi Old guy,

Actually I'm only a couple of years behind you.

I printed your post and I will check wiring as soon as I get home.

Brand new 4F200 and "slightly used" 2603 TX.

I think I got a bad TX as none of the adjustments I have made to the TX work at all.

Or am I just stuped and don't know how to check a CP heli?
That might be the case as well But,,,,,
IF you give a right Aileron command should that change the pitch so the heli is actually blowing air UP insted of DOWN?

I can't even get the bird to lift off the ground any more at full throttle.

I think I got a bum radio.

Anyother thoughts would be greatly appreicated.

JR
Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

60something,

ALL SERVOS are connected exactely as you said..

Guys,

I really need some help configuring this TX!
The seller swares it's in perfict working order(of coarse) and so far is refusing a refund.
I swear it's F**ked up!
The heli won't even leave the ground with a wopping 1 1/4 oz homemade training gear attached, unless I happen to give it some right aileron than it will practely try to invert to the left.

I am getting SO tired of wasting time and brain damage trying to figure this out!

Please I need help.

Welkera.com has been down for days so I can't even solicit help from the manufacture.

Please advise how to set this up or prove that it's defective.

Thank you,
JR
Old 03-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You have 2 dip switches on the Rx I believe, one is for "WK" and "ADJ", the other is pitch "+" and "-". Make sure the pitch switch is towrds the "+". I dont have the 4f200, I have the V400, but in the 2603, the servo settings are...all servos are NORM, and a three servo swash setting. "E" at the top.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Checked and rechecked

All the advice given here and All maunal settings given in the crappy manual I found online and I am still in a bind.

I haven't adjusted anything on the heli it's self. Right out of the box.
Stick mode 2 is supposed to control ailerons and elevitor with the right stick which is how I have it set.

It seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that if I move the stick to Right aileron the heli should move to the right (Yaw) BUT the heli scoots across the floor to the Left. HOWEVER if I give Left stick aileron to stop it and scoot it back to the right that should work and the input would indeed need to be reversed.

Not the case. It's not like the stick commands work backwords. They just don't work at all and nothing I do corrects the problems I am having.

I requested a refund from the seller (via Paypal) and he Flat refused to give me back a dime.

I am convinced the TX was defective when he shipped it or it was damaged in transet because it was poorly protected during shippment.

Do any of you think this could be the case or am I just missing a critical setup item.

This like all heli's is supposed to fly right out of the box.

Blade tracking is perfict, absolutely No vibration during spool up, and of coares the normal left yaw or tipping to the left (training gear attached) when the RPM's increase but I can't stop that because I have NO NORMAL control with the right stick.

I am so tired of this! All I want is my $$$back so I can order a NEW TX and get to flying!!!!

Thanks again for your help and support,
JR
Old 03-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think if your using a 2603 you can only bind in 6CH mode. So you need to set up the heli in "3 servo" mode and reverse your AILE and PIT servo connections at the RX to get the correct mix, then go into "REVERS" and setup your servo directions. Thats assuming the 2603 has these options? You will also have to set the model on your TX to 2601mode if that is an option. You cant follow the included guides because you have no CURVE options in 6CH mode. You really need to follow one of the guides written for the 2610s RX's I think. The 4F200 can bind in both 6CH and 8CH mode but 8CH is only for ppl with a 2801pro TX.

Mick

ps- sorry if my advise may be off, but i dont have the 2603tx.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi Mick

I'll check out/test youe settings tomorrow.
So your saying actially reverse the plugs from the servo into the RX for PIT and AILE?
I understand what your saying. Is all this brain damage normal?

It seems to me that if you have your TX set to control certin stick movements and your servo plugs are plugged into the corisponding plugs in the RX that switching plugs and reversing servos is insane.

There is no way this would have been set like you suggest at the factory if I had bought the TX with the heli.

JR
Old 03-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wish we could get some video of the Tx settings and the way the servos are acting. I really dont think the Tx is bad, you never know though, but I thinks its unlikely. I'm searching for some instructions for the 4f200..
Old 03-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, I found a few things....
1. in pictures I've seen, it looked like the Rx has the pit switch set to "-", out of the box...
and it appears that the 2801 Tx swash setting is set to 1 servo- normal. Not sure if this is the same for the 2603, but I was thinking you could try this swash setting to see if it works. The 2603 gives you 3 configurations for swash, 2 different 3 servo settings, and 1, 1 servo setting. I'm still looking for more info......
Old 03-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Video

Hi Blayd,
Per your sugestion I made a Vid.
Transmitter settings, servo movements and spool up.
Hope this helps figure out why I am having so many problems.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8S22Os-o0[/ame]

Thanks all for your help,
JR
Old 03-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK.. Good video.. yeah, dont take offense but I did laugh.. but its only because I couldnt do it better and know mine would be alot worse.
Well, your pitch is working right, as you throttle up, your pitch is increasing. Thats correct. In the radio, your Tx, did you try just reversing the ail and the Ele?
Try.....
turn Tx on, ( no need to turn the heli on for this..) click "ENT", stick mode will flash... click "UP" or "DN" until the ELEV is flashing...NORM will be flashing too... click either "R" or "L" and it will change to REV. Press ENT to confirm, then press EXT to exit the programming mode. Now do this again, hit "ENT", click UP or DN until AILE is flashing, Click R or L until it says REV, then hit the button ENT to confirm the change, then hit the EXT button to exit programming mode. Undo the motor connections....so it cant spool up. Now bind the heli and see if it reverses the stick throws..
I wasnt sure if you needed to change the swash type from EPA 3 servo ( E at the top..) to maybe 3 servo PEA with P at the top. Some helis need to be flown in single servo mode as well, even though they have 3 servos. I think with our V400's, if I use the 2801 PRO Tx, it needs to be set up with a 1 servo setting for swash..even though the V400 uses 3 servos, as an example.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

i am no expert but looks to me you have the aileron and elevator channels reversed....if you pull back on the stick the swash should tilt back not to the front...as well as stick to the left the swash should tilt left not to the right as it showed in the video....
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

REVerse your aileron setting in the transmitter. The swashplate should tip right for right aileron, left for left aileron. The up and down movement of the right stick is ELEVATOR, not rudder. Rudder is on the left stick. For elevator, the swashplate should tip forward when you push the right stick up and tip back when you move the right stick down. You appear to have the elevator correct (tipping forward and back). CHECK THIS - you said different things at different times in the video. For elevator - the swashplate should tip forward when you push the right stick forward. If it doesn't, REVerse it in the transmitter. The swashplate should follow the movement of the right stick - not move opposite to it.

You have no (should be no) pitch action on the right stick. Pitch is controlled by the throttle stick (left stick), tied to the throttle., Unplug the motor. When you move the throttle stick up and down, the swashplate should rise and fall with it. IT SHOULD NOT TIP. Tipping is cyclic control (aileron and elevator) and is only done with the right stick. If you do not get the swashplate moving up and down with the throttle stick, you do not have the pitch control correctly set up in the transmitter yet.

Ok - in the spool up the swash did move up like its supposed to.

The left stick right/left movement should control the slider on the tail rotor shaft. With right stick-movement the slider should move away from the belt, with left stick-movement the slider should move toward the belt.

Holding the heli in the air over your head, run the motor up about halfway, move the left stick left, the NOSE of the heli should want to rotate left. Move the left stick right, the NOSE should want to rotate right. If you rotate the heli left in your hand (left stick neutral), you should feel the tail rotor try to push the TAIL left. If you rotate the heli right, you should feel the tail rotor try to push the TAIL right. If not- the action of the gyro is reversed - you'll have to get someone to show where to reverse that. If the nose action was correct, don't reverse the rudder servo. If the nose action was not correct, reverse the rudder servo in the transmitter. If you do this, then check the gyro action again. It should work as above. If not, you'll need to reverse the action of the gyro in the transmitter (not the rudder stick)
Old 03-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'll check out/test youe settings tomorrow.
So your saying actially reverse the plugs from the servo into the RX for PIT and AILE?
I understand what your saying. Is all this brain damage normal?

It seems to me that if you have your TX set to control certin stick movements and your servo plugs are plugged into the corisponding plugs in the RX that switching plugs and reversing servos is insane.

There is no way this would have been set like you suggest at the factory if I had bought the TX with the heli.

JR
6CH mode/3 servo mode and 8CH mode/single servo mode require interchange of then servo plugs at the RX. Its in the setup guide

Link page 5 - http://img337.imageshack.us/i/4f2003.jpg/
Old 03-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, NC is right,
Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks guys

60 something,
I did use some misleading terminology "Transformer instead of Transmitter, Rudder when I meant Elevator and so on.
The Left stick controls Throttle/pitch and Rudder just fine.

NC,
I'm sorry if my reply sounded ungrateful.
I have tried reversing TX settings for Aileron and Elevator with no success.

I will check and adjust RX connections tonight.

After I made the vid we had the kids over for a nice Italian St. Patrick’s day dinner (corn beef and cabbage) so I didn't get a chance to get back on line.

Now I'm at work so I will test your suggestions tonight.

So, are we all in agreement that the TX is not defective and most likely it's my brain that’s defective?

Trying to understand all these settings on the Walkera TX is very confusing to me.
I'm used to my mSR and the DX6i.

Thanks again all. Hopefully I can get this right.
JR
Old 03-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Trying to understand all these settings on the Walkera TX is very confusing to me.
Dont worry the swash mix has tormented me in the past and I suspect many others as well. Just keep at it. For example I put a 2612rx(4F200) in a Belt-CP and spent hours trying get the swash mix correct. It caused me problems even though I was quite competent at setting up this RX from my 4F200 experience. Sometimes I think the correct process is to setup the model in the TX before powering up the RX, as I found that if I tried to configure the swash mix on the fly with everything live the mix would be corrupted until I powered down and re-enabled. It also might be note worthy that the 2801pro RX comes with a jumper used for clearing the RX memory and I wonder if this is applicable to other Walkera RX's such as the 2612.

Also as I said before. Seeing as your using a 6CH TX I would expect that you should be configuring the aircraft in 6CH mode as follows-

1. Set model to 2601mode in the stick section
2. Set swash to "3 servo" mode
3. Interchange AILE and PIT at RX

and perhaps your RX memory needs to be cleared first?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi Mic

my 2603 won't let you adj a model in stick mode.
All I get is stick mode 1-4.
No way to select a model.

When I reverse the servo plugs for PIT and AILE at the RX (plug AILE into PIT and PIT into AILE) left, right, forward, and back settings are completely lost.

Recharging heli lopo's now.

Are you talking about moving the PIT REV dip switch on the RX from - to +?

Thanks enemsly for your time.
Roger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in