Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #781 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
After flying for several hours I have been having a weird problem. After some flights, I would have a blank screen. Only see menu and status of controler and bird on the bottom no more Heli or background (total black screen). This is after fiddeling with my radio's own trottle and pitch curve.
This might be a necro-post, but I get the same blank screen. And it happens during gentle flight just a few virtual feet away After pressing "space" it restarts, but it won't respond to any inputs from the TX (DX6i). And it happened at the same time; after messing with the curves in the TX. I have to restart the whole program, but within seconds it blacks out again. I have used it in the past with a controller from a PS3 with no issues at all.

One more problem is that the collective is uber sensitive when using the DX6i. Just a 10th of a millimeter up or down is way too much and it is impossible to control. Does anyone know how to set up the curves to more closely mirror real life, or at least point me to a thread that contains the information?
Cyclic-Psycho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #782 (permalink)
Registered Users

MarkB ThankYou!
Awsome sim, I'm using a six channel sim box from BlitzRC on gaming pc running win7.
Works great ;-)
PapaBear® is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #783 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help

I have a RS-232 controller , the old RC Aerochopper Futaba COnquest. When I plug it into my PC it makes the mouse pointer runa ll over. How do I fix this and get it to work with HeliSimRC??? Help pls Ron 480-203-6132
RonP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #784 (permalink)
Registered Users

nice canopies! putting them in my directory now. nice to hear about the copterx head. mine is due any day now.
CWDoherty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #785 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks this is very cool. Took some tweaking and experimenting to set it up with my netbook running XP and the Real Flight Sim Controller Basic I have.
jrtubb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #786 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the cool sim . i'm using my tx from a blitzrcworks contra 4ch . i am a newbie so is there a set up for beginners (pitch ,throttle curves) ect . the different model parameters.
buy using a 4 ch tx is it going to be different then a 6 ch ?
chop06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #787 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi
Tried to install this on my buddies on a Dell with windows 7 and it runs but controller does not work. It's a 0905A controller which I've used before on my Acer & it worked fine. So I'm confused. Tried FMS on it also but kept getting error msg D3DRM.dll. Tried fixing that w/o success,, any suggestions ?
Blade MSR
Raptorg2zman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #788 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
I tried to use the cheap USB controller that I use with FMS, but some of the channels are wrong... is there a way to fix it? Looks like my elevator is throttle.
on the flight sim... go into where you calibrate your stick, find out which of your sticks and buttons do what. then relate them to the calibration screen. the top unit being 0 the second down being 1 and so on. write them down in the order on the screen starting at 0 = trans. and so on down the line. then go to the maping screen and set the maping to the numbers you found does what. Hope that helps you!

Tecpro
Tecpro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #789 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kudos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
I would like to announce the offering of HeliSim: a new free simulator for RC electric helicopters.

I wrote this simulator, mainly to fill the needs of new RC heli pilots. I genuinely believe it to be substantially better than FMS for helicopters, especially 450 electrics. I hope it offers new fliers a simulator that will provide good training, and save them a bundle of money compared to the commercial sims (to be spent on batteries or parts, obviously).

If you already have a commercial sim, you have less motivation to get it. But you may still want to so everyone has a common simulator. It can then be used to exchange flight recordings! One thing it offers that I hope will be useful for learning new maneuvers, is a visual indication of stick positions during record/playback. So you can watch what the heli is doing, and simultaneously see the stick positions that caused it!

Anyway, its available for download now.

http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSim/index.htm

This simulator is in basically final form, but if there is consensus among experts that something needs to be tweaked to achieve more realism… I am open to feedback, and will do my best to improve it.

I hope you enjoy it!

Edit:
Version 2 is available now.
http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSimRC/index.htm

Really appreciate it. I however do want to mention that I am having success trying your simulator with a simple Xbox 360 controller. The only thing is, is it supposed to be able to fly upside-down? If so then that is the only thing that I cant get two work with it then.
sgtdan707 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #790 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default controller

Appreciate the free software. Just so you know, all I had to do was set the thumb-sticks to the proper bind and the Xbox 360 controller works with this!
sgtdan707 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #791 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Cool Thank you markc

Thanks for doing this. I'm on the rig again and decided that today I would look up some flight sims for linux. I have a new ARCH install and haven't even installed wine yet, so that is downloading now. With the sucess Ubuntu users have had I don't think there will be any issue getting it up and running. I didn't read through the whole thread. I know you said you are using OpenGL but does anyone know any specific DLL files I need to put on winetricks to get this running? I assume it needs physX. If not I will tamper with it till I get it working. Browsing the site now to see which controllers it will work with, I assume my 6i will work, but I prefer my DEVO 10 for simming. Have the usb issues in wine been resolved?

When I switched the linux I sort of gave up after some problems running phoenix. Now I want a sim again to practice on. Real life is too slow and i don't get enough time with the helis to really improve my skills at a respectible speed.

I really appreciate the effort that went into this project. After reading some reviews I'm sure that I can get this up and running.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #792 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Installed fine in Archlinux with the latest version of wine! Now I just have to wait to hook up my Tx's when I get to the house, I'll post an update if they all work, didn't see them all on your website.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #793 (permalink)
Registered Users

enjoying your sim so much i sent you a 10$ donation, thanks saving me tons from buying something like phoenix or reflex...and the free dynam one isnt working on win7.
dam612 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #794 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wine won't run it b/c of USB support. Going to try on "playonlinux" and see if it works there, just been putting it off.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:38 AM   #795 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Simulator

Just tried your simulator. It works great!! I can actually make the darn thing hover! I have a new (uncrashed) T-rex 450plus DFC that I still don't have the guts to put in the air. Your simulator will do a lot to me get started.

Thanks
Don C.
micro_nut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #796 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd love to try this free sim but I'm not sure what I need to connect a DX4e to my PC(weak TX I know, but it's what I've got at the moment). Any suggestions for a cable that will work?

I just got into the hobby a few weeks ago and I'm looking for the cheapest way to get a sim going. Hook me up like a tow truck! LOL
JustaJason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #797 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaJason View Post
I'd love to try this free sim but I'm not sure what I need to connect a DX4e to my PC(weak TX I know, but it's what I've got at the moment). Any suggestions for a cable that will work?

I just got into the hobby a few weeks ago and I'm looking for the cheapest way to get a sim going. Hook me up like a tow truck! LOL
Hobbyking all in one simulator cable should work. (about $10) This works with Heli-X, neXt, Clearview and FMS (and your TX).

Demo version of Heli-X has full function and 10 minute nag screen.

Clearview has 5 minute demo version.

neXt has full function and 2 minute lockout.

Do not use FMS (please).

Phoenix should work with it (provides the cable).

RealFlight (which in my opinion is the best RC sim available) can come with it's own TX (interlink).
Old 04-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #798 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
Hobbyking all in one simulator cable should work. (about $10) This works with Heli-X, neXt, Clearview and FMS (and your TX).

Demo version of Heli-X has full function and 10 minute nag screen.

Clearview has 5 minute demo version.

neXt has full function and 2 minute lockout.

Do not use FMS (please).

Phoenix should work with it (provides the cable).

RealFlight (which in my opinion is the best RC sim available) can come with it's own TX (interlink).

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you sir!

So far: MCX 2, MSR, Nano CP X, DX6i
Old 05-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #799 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaJason View Post

Thanks to ArchmageAU for the help and the guy who made Helisim and offers it for free! I ordered a generic PPM to USB cable from ebay for $6.50. It was just delivered and I'm stoked that it actually works with my DX4e transmitter

So far: MCX 2, MSR, Nano CP X, DX6i
Old 07-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #800 (permalink)
Registered Users

Running my FlySky FS-T6 with this sim and the mapping is off. All that's correct is the throttle and rudder. Doesn't seem to make a difference in mapping when I choose different channels. Is there something I'm missing here? Thanks Joe

Last edited by joeyhatch11; 07-22-2014 at 05:37 PM..
joeyhatch11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in