Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is there a better TX than the Devo 4 that will work with a Ladybird quad

Hello all

I have a Walkera QR Ladybird lite quad and it comes with a DEVO 4 transmitter and i was wondering if there is a better transmitter it will work with to allow me more control like adjustable dual rates and expo and all.

Dave
davethepitch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yea.... Devo 6,7,8,10,12
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Devo 10

I would sugest the devo 10. Nothing wrong about the devo 7 but alot of people cry and whine about the low rez LCD on it. The devo 10 can be purchased for $100-$150. And can be software upgraded to fly and bind to all receivers with software from http://www.deviationtx.com/
It's to easy and a indavidual clincly brain dead can do it. Devo 10 has 10 channels of course , telemetry , vibration alarm , all the graphed curves , 7 point curves , governor ,ect. Of course upgraded it does alot more.
The devo S line 6s,8s,12s are color touch screens and cost way more.
pyrosity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is also a newer, revised version of the Devo 7, it is a little smaller, like the Devo 6s. They call it the Devo 7E.

...and if you happen to already have something like the WK-2801 Pro, you can buy the MagicCube add-on and it will fly the LadyBird.

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 7e is half the price of the 10 but the radio in the 10 is ~100 MW while the 7e is ~7 MW so range is a problem if you plan to fly anything full size you'll run out of range pretty quick. If all you plan on flying are micros and nanos then the 7e is great.
wussie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ok more detail

OK so you have a Devo 4. Devo line is pretty easy to get the number are channels devo 7 is 7 channel devo 10 is 10 channel , devo s models are touch screen and cost a lot more which is the only added feture.
devo 7e is budget line controller. It is replacing the devo 7.
Devo 7e is 10 mW milliwatt not MW megawatt <a mega watt would literally cook you from the inside out at 2.4ghz> 10 milliwatt is capable of 500 meters <about 1500 feet> clear line sight so i doubt you'll be taking a helicopter that far , glider maybe.
All other devos are at 100mW people speculate but it had been recorded 2.4ghz at 100mW is capable of transmission with Rx for 1 mile or over 5000 feet.
I recommend the devo 10 to most walkera people since it has all the goodies. And for the fact that you can online upgrade it to bind to any Rx out there from http://www.deviationtx.com/.
Now as of price, Devo 7e is average of $98 place who offer it for $80 charge high shipping.
devo 6s is avg $169 , devo 8s $249 , devo 10 is $150 <as you see it isnt Double the price> , devo 12s top of line $440.
again S line is touch screen not enuf to justify the means of course the e and S all have telemetry which on small helis and stuff don't use kills battery dramatically. So in the end i recommend the Devo 10 has telemetry which i will never use, but beyond that it has everything you need and easy to use. And can be used for all larger helis and quads
pyrosity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Is the 2402D Tx any good?? Is that made by Deviation?

Is it Deviation or Devention?
Cali_Heli_818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Walkera makes the devention aka devo series, the 2402d is decent, however I'd recommend either the devo 7e or devo 10 over the 2402, which really isn't much better than the devo 4, the 4 replaces it. It's not programmable like the higher end radios, just has an LCD while the devo 4 doesn't. I personally just ordered the devo 10 for 149 with free shipping from hobbypartz.com. It's shipping from an LA warehouse as well which means less waiting. I just got my replacement motor in today and a new body for my ladybird, expect to see posts about that soon, plus my thoughts on the devo 10 when it comes in. That being said, if you want to learn more, the moderator here named cx2 pilot has a few videos on YouTube covering it, and deviation tx which is an open source firmware developed for the devo series by phracturedblue and company. Among other things it enables devo series radios to bind with dsm2 and a few other 2.4 GHz receivers which makes this as close to an all in one transmitter that you can get.
wussie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in