Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hga77 View Post
Bob you need to start your own radio show. People would tune in all day!
i agree totally!!!
razer t-rex is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wakera 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
Wow.... I'm speachless.. almost.
I own 4 Walkera's, and have taken a beating about it since getting into this hobby less then a year ago. Walkera got me into this hobby. I didnt know they were considered to be lesser in quality when I got in.. but sure got educated fast when I came here for help and learning. I'm glad more people are starting to see that its not what you bring, but what you leave with....
If your smiling at the end of a days flying.. its the best heli in the world. No matter what kind it is...
On that point, again, Bob brings up the biggest question I've been asking myself the past few weeks.. do I have fun....mostly.... no. I fly my 500's like they are, as Bob says.. glass slippers, and dont have resources to help me get them better set up, so I've been in perpetual stress since I moved from my Walkera V400's to my 2 500's. No fun. As I posted before in other threads...I've been contemplating selling everything off...because its just not fun. Cant find a place to fly without dogs chasing my heli's, people walking across the feilds, scared to death to crash them...bad set ups, chasing issues.. almost a year, and still just hovering. I WANT the fun... but I may be one of those who just arent lucky enough to have the places to fly, or maybe even the ability to fly.
Great post Bob....and if you only could see the smile when you announced you've been working with Walkera on some issues. Very cool.

Washout Mike
I too started with a Wakera 36 6 years ago. I added a lot of trex parts to it, but that heli taught me so much, and parts were cheap. I almost gave up several times, but hung in there. I fly a trex 500 and scale trex 550. So glad I stuck with this great hobby.
atomic is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up you're my guru

Dear Bob Finless,

I've been always thinking you're a great man, for the way you sharing your knowledge, foe all the time you spend on it teaching others, for the way you talk.
I never had any chance to meet you as we lives so far away.

After this video, I'm happy i can confirm all the positive thoughts i had on you.
It's so true everything you said.

Thanks for everything you do for all of us.

Hope to know more people with you.

Best Regards.

Marco
many foamy's, parkflyer, gliders...
and one angry wife... hihihihihi
snow520lee is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My question is.... all the effort to make all those videos, and you dont put them on YouTube????
Old 05-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've always asked the same question! It's very frustrating to have to go through several obsticles to watch your videos (register, login, download, only from helifreak pages etc). Please use a free dedicated video hosting service like vimeo or others... Please! It might be that helifreak are dictating this. Someone needs to clarify.

Would love to stream your videos and watch on iphone but as it is now i can't. Very annoying since we all have loads of time to burn on journies to work etc...
hga77 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fun

I've seen a bunch of negative stuff, all over, about the Trex cloans, but jeeze am I having fun...... AND, because they're so cheap, the funkey chicken doesn't hurt as bad in the wallet region. I just recently flew from a hover, transitioned (several times) and landed succesfully(no breaks), what a rush, it feels like I'm that 13 year old kid flying that glider for the first time. I'm sure I'll like my heli's even better once I feel confident enough to move in the direction of more Align parts but man am I having a blast just the way it is. I can totally relate to "the rant". I'm just glad the (real) heli segment of the rc hobby is finally affordable, I've waited a long time to jump in, I'm glad I did. -Guy
rsrguy3 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #127 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velislide View Post
My question is.... all the effort to make all those videos, and you dont put them on YouTube????
YouTube is not available to a large amount of the world's population - mostly CHina. HAving the vids centralised in one Forum helps to cut down searching on Youtube - with the fast net speeds nearly ubiquitous it's no big deal to download them.

THe other point is that Bob and I do the vids as a service to HF users in a forum where reasonable standards of conduct are expected and the over riding aim is to help people in the hobby.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #128 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Membership has its privileges!
rdlohr is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #129 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Free download sites have a bunch of SPAM and BS involved. If logging on to HF to receive our original videos virus and SPAM free from FAST dedicated servers I own and pay for is to much for you then you will need to find other videos somewhere else.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #130 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
I've always asked the same question! It's very frustrating to have to go through several obsticles to watch your videos (register, login, download, only from helifreak pages etc). Please use a free dedicated video hosting service like vimeo or others... Please! It might be that helifreak are dictating this. Someone needs to clarify.

Would love to stream your videos and watch on iphone but as it is now i can't. Very annoying since we all have loads of time to burn on journies to work etc...
You don't know how to use your iPhone if you cant watch them on it. I test our videos on my iPhone and iPad all the time and it is no problem. I wish my job(s) allowed me to watch videos and complain about what I get for free and spend job time doing while getting paid.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #131 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
register, login, download, only from helifreak pages etc.
That is almost as much work as producing the videos !! Sorry for the inconvenience. Why on earth should TY or Vimeo get our traffic when we did all the work ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in