Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sloppy tail grips

It's not that I intend to start another QC debate here. I forgive those minor issues and regard this well engineered bird. Still would like to get openions on this one..

The tail grips are still sloppy although I made sure all the bearings are inserted all way through and that spindle screws reach the bearings. It seems that the bearings are not snuggly fit with the spindle and there is some gap, and this may relate to the slight wag in the tail that my SK540 can not overcome . Is anyone having the same issue?

Also would the thrust bearing tail grip upgrade eliminate the slope?

Thanks
Charz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The little bearings on mine seem to be a bit loose as well. I have several shafts as well as bearings from Boca. It is slight and you wouldn;t notice unless you were looking for that slop specificaly. What thrust upgrade? I think that is for Protos only? I looked for thrust bearings.. couldn't find anything to fit the existing grip. I think if we put larger grips that take thrust bearings root of blade would be changed.. Do tell.
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

AFAIK the thrust-bearinged tail is only for the protos but if you know something about an upgrade let us all know .

I run a thrust-bearinged tail on my blade 450's but honestly I don't know if is significantly better or not. The blade 450 is somewhat sloppier in general.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yea, the upgrade is for the 500 protos. I just didnt notice. It's good though, at least I know there is nothing I could do about this slop. Well, there is one thing left to try ; fitting my Mini titan's cnc tail grips into the MP.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmm, that is interesting. Mine is almost perfect, there is very small, practically insignificant amount of slop in the tail. Compared to two well maintained Mini Titans with CNC tails that are flown by my friends, the mini is still way out of their league when it comes to tail precision.
I'd say try another set of bearings or get a new tail hub and you will be just fine
RCHN#233 | Lynx Heli Innovations Team
Goblin 700
Carbon |
Protos Max | Goblin 570
baui2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Grips?

What issue are we talking about exactly? The spindle is sloppy inside the bearings is what I thought you meant. So, it is either a bearing issue or a spindle issue. I tried two sets of bearings and both produced the same slop so I imagine it is the spindle is machined a tich too small.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I swapped the bearings out for some quality ceramic ones. BIG difference!
puttekula is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah 4 sure.. I put the bocas in there. Much better. Still have to rip the shaft out and polish it. I wish MSH would sell those black 2mm locknuts in a bag of 50. Would make fixing the heli more rewarding.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAddict View Post
Yeah 4 sure.. I put the bocas in there. Much better. Still have to rip the shaft out and polish it. I wish MSH would sell those black 2mm locknuts in a bag of 50. Would make fixing the heli more rewarding.
I was just thinking the same thing. I lost one the other night, it's a good job I had one from the remnants of the flybar head parts.

Just got a spare parts resupply; The tail hub/spindle I received (MSH41046) is now black. I have an unpainted plain metal spindle/hub thing on the heli at the moment and it has no slop.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also replaced the tail last night, I put in the black spindle that was in the spare parts kit, I don't know if plain or painted is newer, I have had the spare parts since I've had the heli
Old 10-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well... Monkey farts.. The pic on MSH Direct shows it in black. What did they do? Anodize it? I searchd for 2 hours for those nuts.You can get black aluminum ones. I started using regular zinc plate on the servo arms to save them. I just got a pack of control balls. Guess what? No nuts. MSH Parts are a bit crazy. You can buy a low flybarless hub, a pair of blade grips with bearings etc but you still can't put it together. You have to buy a set of head dampeners to get the spacers. Just whacky.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I figured out the slightly sloppy tail grips were not responsible for the short tail wag instead further reducing tail servo ball mounting distance have resolved the wag issue.

Tags
mini, protos, tail, wag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in