Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 500

Atom 500 Compass Atom 500 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

the atom was feeling neglected due to the arival of the 7HV so i took it out this weekend and dialed out my tail wag from installing the kbdd dampeners and it still flies great, this is the only 500 size heli ive ever flown but it is awesome

I don't believe in addiction... but i'm addicted to RC!!!
Big_Maxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maidened mine. Nice heli, great tail and very locked in. Happy
Old 06-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

tried to get some flying in sunday but with the hurricane force winds i only flew once and decided to pack up and leave, it didnt help that when i did an inverted pirouetting climb out i lost orientation and almost slammed into the ground

Old 06-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quick maiden hover in the back yard with the new to me, mostly rebuilt Atom 5.5.

No major issues so far, but well see what will happen.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun71 View Post
Quick maiden hover in the back yard with the new to me, mostly rebuilt Atom 5.5.

No major issues so far, but well see what will happen.
congrats! i'd like to do a 5.5 but like the 500 as is for now may build a seperate one for a 5.5 some day, saving up for a warp right now!

Old 06-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was hovering tail in (new to helis), and thought that I can hover every orientation in sim and so I tried every upright orientation. Everything went well. No lost of orientation and the heli stayed in a 3-4m box. So happy now.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do with your atom today?

Good job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube View Post
Was hovering tail in (new to helis), and thought that I can hover every orientation in sim and so I tried every upright orientation. Everything went well. No lost of orientation and the heli stayed in a 3-4m box. So happy now.
congrats you will be flipping it in no time

Old 06-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks I thought that I should try to fly from left to right and right to left next time....and I so want to try backflip 3 mistakes high of course
Old 06-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found my spare 70HV HW ESC - Put it on and ready to crank it on the 10t @ 22.5 timing.

7HV ULT TracX | 550U TracX | DX9
NZ Heli thread - https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=480630
Magnazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down

Started mine in normal mode then while it was still on the ground and running at a low head speed, I flipped into idle up1...... It tried to instantly go to 90% throttle, I think it stuffed the one way bearing. Result was ~ no flying today. Newby error
Nick newby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did some flying with gps logger. Just from left to right and back. And gps data showed me 137.80kph And that was achieved by a very small dive. Amazing speed for a stock 500 size heli. Atleast for me Fingers on tx sticks were shaking a bit but everything went well - not even one false orientation move and now I like this bird even more Seems that the 3-4 months hovering paid off really well.

Last edited by Cube; 07-01-2013 at 02:29 AM..
Cube is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do with your atom today?

Converted it back to 5.5 now that the 6hv is gone.

It's even more awesome as a 5.5

7HV ULT TracX | 550U TracX | DX9
NZ Heli thread - https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=480630
Magnazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: What did you do with your atom today?

I had both the Atom 500 and the 5.5. The latter was hugely better, IMO.

When I needed cash to buy my 7HV, I sold the 500. My 5.5 won't go anywhere, though.

Magnazan, what happened to your 6HV? I looked around, and couldn't find it out.

Cheers!

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

Not flying anything - model or full - since 2017!
ARM_Coder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

ARM_Coder, since you have all 4 Compass helicopters, which is your favorite of all? Is the Warp 360 worth it?

As I mentioned in another thread I am very happy with both my Atoms. However I am thinking of getting a bigger one, perhaps build it over the winter. I am still deciding between the 7HV and the 6HV Ultimate. The 6HV U will allow me to reuse the packs I have for my Atoms but the 7HV has been around a while and will probably be a straight-forward build.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
ARM_Coder, since you have all 4 Compass helicopters, which is your favorite of all? Is the Warp 360 worth it?

As I mentioned in another thread I am very happy with both my Atoms. However I am thinking of getting a bigger one, perhaps build it over the winter. I am still deciding between the 7HV and the 6HV Ultimate. The 6HV U will allow me to reuse the packs I have for my Atoms but the 7HV has been around a while and will probably be a straight-forward build.
Wait for the ultimate!

7hv is great but the new 6hv ultimate wil allow you to share packs!

I will be adding a warp in the near future. I liked my 450x but it had over 100 flights on the stock parts and I am looking for a 6s heli.....

Thank goodness compass is not planning a 250 or 550, I am running out of room....
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think i want an Atom 500 back again

Might have to sell or swap the 6HV
Compass 550 ULT, Eznov Neuron | Thunder Tiger e700 Mini Vbar | Thunder Tiger G4 e820 SPARTAN (Committed suicide)| DX8 #286
Stevewashere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post

Well, it's tough to choose a favourite one. Just let's remember I sold my Atom 500 to help funding my 7HV.

Here are my impressions, heli by heli:

My main workhorse is the 5.5. It's small (sort of), very practical (uses only 1 pack), it's cheap to repair and flies BIG! Its feel is not much aggressive, but it's a joy to fly.

For stability and precision, 7HV. Very big, great presence in the air, you can send it quite high without losing orientation. If you can afford the heli and its packs, go for it. You feel its power but not in the form of aggressiveness. You will love it.

For all out insane power, the 6HV. From all my helis, it's the one that scares the hell out of me the most. Despite using a lesser motor and packs than the 7HV, it's very lightweight. Go figure.

The Warp is a small jewel, and is the future of the 450s. No surprise other brands are following suit (Align Dominator, Gaui X3, JR Forza). But if you get it you will soon realize your 500 is doomed. These newer 450 will become the bane of the 500-size helis.

Hope it helps!...

Cheers!

Not flying anything - model or full - since 2017!
ARM_Coder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun71 View Post
Wait for the ultimate!

7hv is great but the new 6hv ultimate wil allow you to share packs!

I will be adding a warp in the near future. I liked my 450x but it had over 100 flights on the stock parts and I am looking for a 6s heli.....

Thank goodness compass is not planning a 250 or 550, I am running out of room....
The Warp is compelling but I don't think I will be replacing my 450Xs beaters anytime soon. It (Warp) is a little too expensive to use as a beater. Yes the 6HV U will allow me to share packs but I will have to wait for the status reports from early adopters before making the plunge Right now the 7HV has the slight edge in my preference for the next heli build.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM_Coder View Post
Well, it's tough to choose a favourite one. Just let's remember I sold my Atom 500 to help funding my 7HV.

Here are my impressions, heli by heli:

My main workhorse is the 5.5. It's small (sort of), very practical (uses only 1 pack), it's cheap to repair and flies BIG! Its feel is not much aggressive, but it's a joy to fly.

For stability and precision, 7HV. Very big, great presence in the air, you can send it quite high without losing orientation. If you can afford the heli and its packs, go for it. You feel its power but not in the form of aggressiveness. You will love it.

For all out insane power, the 6HV. From all my helis, it's the one that scares the hell out of me the most. Despite using a lesser motor and packs than the 7HV, it's very lightweight. Go figure.

The Warp is a small jewel, and is the future of the 450s. No surprise other brands are following suit (Align Dominator, Gaui X3, JR Forza). But if you get it you will soon realize your 500 is doomed. These newer 450 will become the bane of the 500-size helis.

Hope it helps!...

Cheers!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I do find it hard to believe that the Warp can rival the Atom 500... mine flies so well and locked in though not as floaty and hyper as my 5.5.

It will be tough to decide between the 6HVU and 7HV... I have room for only one more but I have no plans of giving up any of my my Atoms.

EDIT: I noticed you replaced your BeastX with TracX. Is it really that much better? How does the TracX compare to the VBar?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in