Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default finally got some video of me having some fun with my heli...

Video is from yesterday... anyone else want to post recent vids of your flying?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1zREKQi1w[/ame]
averagebrunette is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice controlled flight! Thanks for the vid!
RCTada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice!
Email- melissatheheligirl@hotmail.com
littlehammer05 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Old 08-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great flying! I loved watching it. Good auto at the end. I also enjoyed your 260 video. I think you may need a new camera or cameraman though.
Maybe someday I will fly like you....
How long have you been flying RC? helis or planes?

Lynbird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been flying Heli's for 5 years and airplanes for 4. Flying the heli allows me to forget the rest of the world and just focus on the flight. I try to keep things precise and in control... and if it is a screwup then move on to another manuver quick so people think you meant to do that on purpose. LOL

Currently my favorite aircraft to fly is my 120cc Extra 260. I wish I could find a dedicated cameraman to post better vids.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

hey you go flygirl we all love ya. it was a super nice auto in the end there, and nice hovering upside down. the tic tocs were neat to, ( i have the same problem ) they drop on me i guess i do not have enough collective management to hold it there. lol oh well. as long as i dont hit the ground yippppppppppppppppppeeeeeee. talk to you soon jazz.

sarah
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Sarah,
Can you find someone to video your flying? I know we would all love to see how you're doing! I know you are way ahead of me.

Lynne

Old 08-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know her Brother says she is doing great!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wish you were local my girfriend is awesome at videoing and taking pics of me and my buddies flying! She wants to learn someday too and when I show her this video she will be inspired because all she sees flying here are guys. Will have to start her out small.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Average Brunette,
What part of the US are you in? Are any of us that post here near you that we could get together to fly? I know I could sure learn a lot from you and I'm not bad with a video camera.
Well I'm off to our club's family picnic Should be about 140 people and it is a beautiful day for a change.

Lynne

Old 08-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I live in VA, I see that you are in SC... i'd be willing to meet you both half way. I'll be at FlyForTots in NC for a big fun fly charity event they do every year to help kids. I'll also be bringing the big planes and hope to fly in the noon demo with my PAU Bulldog... we shall see. If I get in the noon demo it would be nice to have a real fan video it for me lol seriously, if you want to make the trip up we can hang out for a while.

For event details please visit flyfortots.org
Old 08-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagebrunette View Post
I live in VA, I see that you are in SC... i'd be willing to meet you both half way. I'll be at FlyForTots in NC for a big fun fly charity event they do every year to help kids. I'll also be bringing the big planes and hope to fly in the noon demo with my PAU Bulldog... we shall see. If I get in the noon demo it would be nice to have a real fan video it for me lol seriously, if you want to make the trip up we can hang out for a while.

Yeps I went there last year! Will come this year again and we will make a 1080p Video in HD for you! Its a date then! I'm sure my girl won't mind. lol
Old 08-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

SWEET!!! I'm trying to get the same spot as last year.... all the way at the end of the flight line :-) We may have met last year and not known it.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

i have a video i just have no way of being able to post it on here. still trying to figure that. but I am trying to move up, i had a bad crash with my 450 last week. (wasnt my fault but still). the stupid swash link ball broke off from the threads and down she went full force, into the grass,
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
i have a video i just have no way of being able to post it on here. still trying to figure that. but I am trying to move up, i had a bad crash with my 450 last week. (wasnt my fault but still). the stupid swash link ball broke off from the threads and down she went full force, into the grass,
To post video here just upload it on youtube and paste the link here directly when viewing where the youtube address is, personally I am amazed and its so much fun seeing you gals fly, its like seeing something you don't see often and not in a bad way just very awesome to me to see you ladies even like the hobby, its rare in this field of hobby, my fiance wants to fly that she got so frustrated in the sim and started crying lol it was cute but I asked her to keep trying and not give up coz it takes time to learn.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome flying. I like seeing nice controlled flights like that. Nice stall turns, some good inverted , and I really liked that you went back up for another auto. I'm the same way. I just started doing flips and sometimes they are really ugly, so then I have to do another until I feel it's acceptable looking.

Let's see moe video! I think my friend got a video of me crashing this morning. It's probably a good 10 seconds long I can only get better, right?

-tam
Tam_T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if your not crashing your not learning... at least that is what the guys at the field say. LOL I say at least your flying. Take your time, I spend hours in the sim every week with both planes and heli's. I really don't have that much "air" time. I'm on my 3rd gallon of glow fuel in the 5 years I've been in this hobby. I also have some electric heli's that I use to fly all the time, Then big planes happened... now been doing that for 4 years so the heli doesn't get flown much. This flight was I think the 12th flight I've had this year (That wasn't fixed wing). I focus on getting the heli all setup, mixes, etc... then it is JUST like the sim. At least it's easier said then done when you have a magic red button. So treat every sim flight like it is your heli... put a $1 in a jar every time you crash. Then when your out at the field and you crash for real, you have some crash money saved up. I also shopped e-bay to stock up on spare parts, look for the deals when you don't need them. This heli was built from spare parts and I deceided to make it a night rig. Anywho... I was in the earthquake today and got shuckup a little by the falling roof tiles... then I came home for a few cocktails.. WAHOO!!! now i'm here. Thanks for watching everyone, i'll try to get some more vids up. I plan on being at heli invasion also with my other 600 as well. I also want to night fly my outrage g5. Oh well.... time to start getting ready for Huricane Irene, batten down the hatches!!! I'm getting sick of natural desasters...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagebrunette View Post

I was watching that video and swore I had seen someone that looked exactly like you at FFT last year. Yea it is a nice event but not geared towards helis at all. I don't know if I'll even go and that's one of the 2 fields I fly at.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
I was watching that video and swore I had seen someone that looked exactly like you at FFT last year. Yea it is a nice event but not geared towards helis at all. I don't know if I'll even go and that's one of the 2 fields I fly at.
Yup its me they had 2 heli pilot stations at the left of the runway. The one guy with a big scale heli did some autos and in the noon time demo there was some local talent that really threw down. It is both aircraft flying at the same time.

Did we meet? Or were you one of the webcam Watchers. Evidently I kept walking by it and didn't know it till some one told me.. lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in