Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
I updated my software (setup software and pro data viewer), also updated the firmware on my two controllers. No problems noted, I can still open old data logs with viewer 1.10.

Thanks

EDIT: I didn't uninstall the old software - just ran the new installer. Only weirdness is two extra icons on the desktop.
+1
I did the same and have no issues with Data Viewer but it says unregistered copy in help/about.

Haven't done the controller yet. You asked the question before... how is it done?
after connecting to SK-720 go to Utility menu check for updates?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've uninstalled, reinstalled and re-registered.

As soon as I exited the program and reopened it I returned to unregistered!

This is really getting tiring.

I sure as hell don't trust connecting a heli with this software.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there any significant improvement in the so-called 'pro' version of the data viewer? That was a huge disappointment for $40. Castle includes more powerful software for free.
Montana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing I can see
Laowai is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I maidened my 450 with V3.10 today - actually brand new heli build - all went sweet..

Except for Self-level... it works ok but after about 30-60sec of being activated it stops working..

Now I thought immediately vibes.. so i sused out the logs and basically all vibes were between 3-6 with maybe one or 2 spikes approaching 10..

so I removed the sk720 and this time (was prev just double sided tape) used the following;

Align PU gel --> Metal base plate --> double sided tape --> sk720

Tested again and this time the SL was active for about 2 minutes before deactivating...
vibration log is really low with most vibes under 3 and occasional spikes to 6..

I was switching between SL and no SL banks during all flights - but that chouldn't effect it ???

This is the first time i've ever used a sk720 on a heli - i've actually had the unit (V2.01) on my tricopter for a year and self level has work a treat for the entire flight of each and every flight..

Any ideas - are my vibes still too high (hard to beleive) or is this a V3.10 issue?

Is there any way to downgrade to a V2.x level to see if it's vibes or not?

any ideas? will attach my log file..

PS: ignore the large spikes at beginning and end - these are spoolup / landing - SL worked for a while inbetween these.. flight starts at 60s mark ends around the 210s mark - just hovering in the backyard.. nothing strenuous..

UPDATE: went for another fly after posting this - SL shutdown inabout 15-20 sec - red/green blinking light (which i hadn't noticed before) - my vibes must still be too high ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip LOG5.zip (673.6 KB, 64 views)
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
My LCD update failed before I saw this - now the LCD is blank..

I get the "update failed" box but even if i leave it - the led goes red/green for about 15sec longer and then the sk720 reboots... no LCD.. and does not continue to load the firmware (left it for 10min) - just slow blinking green led.

Is my LCD fried or can it be recovered ????

PS: Using windows XP
This worked for my dead LCD, worked first time!

"Try starting the update without the LCD plugged in, then just as it first flashes red/green, plug in the LCD. It has to be done within about 1/2 second, and it may take a few tries to catch it.

Be sure to wait until the SK720's LED stops flashing red/green before unplugging it again."
Old 04-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

folks - further testing on my heli for SL makes me think it's probably vibes..

Examining the log i have a much higher fore/aft vibe that's probably shutting it down..

I strapped my Heavy AP landing gear on the heli and it's reduced the vibes more again, so basically the SL stays on 90% of the time now...

I really think i need the fore/aft vibes down to the rest and all wil lbe sweet.. SL works well when on thou..

As it's a 450, i'll sus out a new main gear assembly as they are better designed now and i'll sus out the head more as well.. every little bit helps... but 450's can be bad for vibes..

PS: @David450pro - yea, my LCD is all cool and at 3.10 now
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
Old 04-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone else flown the 3.10 firmware? I did so this afternoon and my nitro feels a bit different - a bit more 'solid'. Still as responsive as ever but more stable. Is this expected or is it perception on my part? I wasn't expecting a difference in feel. Not complaining though.
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this a bug or am I being dumb?

In the vibe viewer I can zoom in and out with the mouse scroll wheel if I don't scroll through the time frame. Once I do scroll through the time line I can't zoom with the mouse anymore. Anyone else have this?
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I've noticed some strange behaviour. Though I can't put my finger on what it was exactly, but your description sounds quite like it may be the same or similar...

However I noticed it on the previous version...
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default LCD terminal update issue

Hi.

I have also the update issue with the LCD terminal. Nothing worked and it is not usable anymore. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Nils

PS. Art answers me instantly and said I should wait, even if the Software said the update failed...and it works. LCD is back.
augur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Has anyone else flown the 3.10 firmware? I did so this afternoon and my nitro feels a bit different - a bit more 'solid'. Still as responsive as ever but more stable."

There is a change to the anti-vibration filtering on the gyros that showed improvement with in-the-lab testing. It's hard to measure how different it is in flight, there's so much variation from one flight to another under real-world conditions.

Re the LCD update, yes on some PC's it will falsely say the update failed when it's still going, and if you unplug it then the LCD will stay blank. However if you run the LCD update again and wait until the red/green flashing stops it should update correctly. If it doesn't, please email us. We will have a corrected rev up on Monday.

>In the vibe viewer I can zoom in and out with the mouse scroll wheel....

This minor bug has been fixed for the release on Monday.
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Georgi pm'd me and says it flies brilliantly! I should have mine up tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Folks - an update on my Self Level issue - just wanted to let you know that it turns out NOT to be a sk720 issue..

Even thou it's a new RJX type head - there was a small up/down wobble in the head.
I replaced the headblock with a new one today and the general vibration level has gone down and SL stays active..

Probably my average of all 3 curves is approx unde 1.0 now which is much better.. all the
big spikes (barr spool up/down) have gone and are generally much smoother..

As far as my first time using the SK720 on a heli (was no my tricopter for a year) - wow, very stable and smooth test hovering and slow circuits around the backyard..

Keep in mind I just guessed at 70% cyclic gain and approx the same for tail and it's one of the smoothes maidens I've had in a long time.. don't think i need to change any gains at this stage..

Can't wait to get a day off any take the heli to the park for a blat around the sky..
Attached Files
File Type: zip LOG11.zip (449.6 KB, 61 views)
Old 04-14-2012, 02:18 AM   #55 (permalink)

One of the features in 3.10

"Users can re-level the accelerometer themselves (The center-point can drift over the long term. This feature is meant to be used rarely)"

What does it mean ?
How do users re-level the accelerometer?
Will it be possible to re-level the accelerometer during flying?

Thanks
wattmotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 02:32 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattmotor View Post
When you select that option, the wizard will walk you through the process.

Essentially you'll be required to have the unit on a perfectly level surface while connected to your PC while doing this.
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattmotor View Post
One of the features in 3.10

"Users can re-level the accelerometer themselves (The center-point can drift over the long term. This feature is meant to be used rarely)"

What does it mean ?
Will it be possible to re-level the accelerometer during flying?

Thanks
You will need to use a carpenter’s lever to make sure that the SK720 is perfectly level in all axes before you do that. If you are not very careful you could end up with a worse cal than you have before. Looks to me like it would be a lot easier to get it perfectly level with the SK720 removed from the helicopter.

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
Is this a bug or am I being dumb?

In the vibe viewer I can zoom in and out with the mouse scroll wheel if I don't scroll through the time frame. Once I do scroll through the time line I can't zoom with the mouse anymore. Anyone else have this?
=] same prob here Froggy, I'm right clicking the mouse to zoom a bit at a time!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Any more observations on 200% SL?

What's with the 2x SL rate?

I do very conservative scale type flying with 80 - 90% SL most of the time. What are the advantages of even faster SL? Is this more for lightning quick bail out during 3D gone wrong?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats the idea , yes.
So it acts more like a HC3SX.
I wouldn't do that on a big scale model, that might be a lot of stress on the structure.

Oh, by the way...its monday.
Should there be a new version of the software today ?
My LCD terminal just came from service and I dont know if I should risk the update.
ArguZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in