Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Specktrum and T-Rex 600

You think I could use my specktrumized JR 6102 with a specktrum AR6000 6channel receiver in a trex 600?
RiXst3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Personally.... I wouldnt. This is a much bigger heli and you will be flying farther away.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

is range the only consideration? because tests have been done that show the range of the AR6000 and dx6 to be almost 3500 ft... have you ever heard anyone say "oh crap, my specktrum is out of range"... all we ever hear about it FM and PCM lockouts and range problems...
Old 07-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The spectrum has problems with it. there is a noticeable delay in the control response, and the longer it is out, the more spectrum lockouts i hear about. I wouln't trust it on a regular t-rex, never mind the big one.

Team Flightpower
king kong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

quote from specktrum...

Can fliers operate at different parts of the field and be safe?
Absolutely. As long as you are in range of another flyer, you have perfect safety with the DX6 system. As you power up the transmitter, it listens for other signals in the band. Your transmitter will then pick other frequencies to avoid interference.

How far can the DX6 "hear" other fliers?
A good rule of thumb is about ½ mile. So any DX6 flier in that proximity will have total security.

What about when DX6 users are farther than a half a mile?
As long as you don't fly 75% of the distance toward the other transmitter (approximately 3/8 mile) there can't be a problem. The chances of flying 2000 feet away with a parkie are nil. It's just no fun that far away.

Looks like the concern here is more with 2 dx6 systems a mile from eachother, picking the same channel, and then someone flies closer to the other transmitter...
Old 07-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

I had nothing but problems with glitches and lockouts before I switch to the specktrum on my 450SE, as for the delay, its only noticable if you flew pcm for a long time, and then try a dx6... I started out on this, and I cant tell a delay
Old 07-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, I would like somelse to put out their money for testing the Spektrum system for the 600. That might be kinda interesting.

I don't think I would like to be in the same field though, along with anyone else except the guy doing the flying. I would rather just hear about it. Maybe a video with a closeup of the Spektrum mounted, then a take off, and some 3D would prove the system works.

Its an excellant radio for the smaller 450's and park flyers at a very good price though. The better this technology gets the more we may see of it. Some one has to take the risks thouigh. Hopefully the manufacturer will do that for us.

...........Dennis
dennis@deetee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

I'm running the spektrum in my swift, no problems so far
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong
The spectrum has problems with it. there is a noticeable delay in the control response, and the longer it is out, the more spectrum lockouts i hear about. I wouln't trust it on a regular t-rex, never mind the big one.
:wink:
I personally would not want to fly a T-Rex or any mini heli with anything but the Spectrumized 6102. Currently we are flying 5 T-rex helis, all spectrum, and not a one has ever glitched. We have way more foamie planes than a person should ever have and all are spectrumized. None of them have even hiccuped even in the worst of radio environments.
Just tonight we took our Extra 300/32 inch wingspan/Park 480 motor and flew it straight up until it was just a spec in the sky. Kicked it over and flew it back. No signal problems there. Then I took and flew it as four straight out as I could and flew it back. No signal problems there. I am certain that there is a range on the air radio but I cant find it. No one would ever fly their heli as far out as I flew this plane.

RiXst3r's radio will not have any delay that he will notice. Now is it good for the 600? I don't know but if not, it wont be because of range or reliability.

I find that most people that make comments like this have never flown the spectrum system.
rstacy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

The only reason I can even think to not fly my specktrumized 6102 in a trex600 is because of the little sticker that says "parkflyers only"... thats the only thing that scares me, I think it was more of just a liability thing though....

Oh, by the way,,, A spectrumized 6102 does not have as much of delay as a DX6, because the 6102 has a faster processor for computing the ccpm and curves and such...
Old 07-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Well not all experiences are the same. A few weeks ago I saw 2 different peoples little park airplanes just fly away due to total lock out.
Now I aint sayin all spektrum radios do this but of late I have heard more and more experiences like this.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear you Bob. There are a number of reasons as to why that might have happened. Improper installation of the receiver is a biggie. Another is transmitter mods.
I would ask if they were modded 6102 radios.
Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that are modifying their radio. We can be sure that a fair number of those people doing the mod are not capable of doing the mod properly. The antenna connection is very easy to break during the mod. The end result is a radio that does not function properly.
Hey, maybe you need to do a ....nah. Never mind. :wink:
rstacy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

I searched all over every forum I could find, and the only issues i hear of with the spectrum is the crappy TX (which we replaced with the 6102), and that sometimes the receiver will go into failsafe (last known position) if the BEC voltage drops, some BEC's even directly say that they dont work with the specktrum AR6000
Old 07-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I myself see no problem with dx6 on any 6ch heli (strait openion). It is limited as far as 3d is concerned due to curves and such but for normal flight and light 3d it should be fine as long as you do good range cheacking befor flight. As for lockouts, I have seen More on pcm and ppm then the dx6. In fact the only dx6 lockout I have seen was due to improper setup of the rx (antinas tuching). Once I get my 600 I will run my dx6 in it but, I'm not a big 3d flyer. For hardcore 3d the 3 point curve is not enough.
The worst range stated by horizon is 1500 feet, thats 5 football fields and more than enough for the little guy like me that flys on dx6. On the 600 the bec needs a bat for its self. Sorry but "wiskey tango foxtrot" the bec is to remove the rx bat. So I will probobly run a rx bat and a pack for motor, but not sure. If you use a dx6 on a 600 then do the homework on what you need to power the rx, a 1000 lipo and 3 to 5 amp bec (for regulation and safty) for rx. In that the stock align bec set up might work but I dont quite get how that setup works. Dose it hook up to the bec bat and main pack or just the bec? Gota look into that. I run a dx6 on my x400 with no problems. I had my esc do a bat protection cut out and auto'ed down but that has nothing to do with the dx6.
The one thing to remember is that electronic problems can happen on any gear and will happen, its just part of rc aircraft. And by the time I out grow my dx6 maybe more 2.4 gig setups will be out there.
Don"t make me list 'm all !
Raven_darkcloud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 02:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

One of the officers at our local field is flying a converted 6102 and having no problem with his TREX's. The Spectrum RX's are tiny and you don't have to figure out what to do with an antenna wire that is 3 times longer than the heli. Seems like a cool setup to me. The 6102 actually has a pretty nice feel to it and Steve has been tweaking the sticks for a solid feel.

Sure is nice not to have to worry about getting shot down. We live in the country and there are not many people flying the spectrums to cause trouble for Steve if that stuff really happens. Overall I thought Steve's setup is pretty way cool.

I don't usually fly other peoples stuff to much but after reading this thread I think I may try Steve's T-REX next time at the field to see if I can sense any delay. If Kyle is flying them, I would bet I cannot.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

That's true that there is a big difference between the actual DX6, and a 6102 with the spectrum module in it.

Apparantly the faster processor in the JR radio makes a big difference.

The whole "Parkflyer" thing would worry me a little though.

I'm sticking with my 8103.
H0ndaJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
For hardcore 3d the 3 point curve is not enough.
the specktrumized 6102 has 5 point curves

you really have to try a modded 6102, its totally a different feel than the dx6 TX, the sticks are nice, and it has every feature a 3d flyer would want...

EDIT: except a freakin flight timer, which was left out simply to annoy its owners into upgrading to an 8103
Old 07-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 6102 has become hard to find, and I dont quite understand ama's ruleing on that mod. At this point I'm happy with my dx6 asis cuz im still in normal ff. I want the 600 cuz we get alot of wind thats just too much for my x400 at my skill level. Well and um... that 600 is freak'n sweet. *runs to a cold shower* That thing gets me going almost as much as my wife dose. :mrgreen:
Don"t make me list 'm all !
Raven_darkcloud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

TMI Raven, TMI.
H0ndaJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've ordered a DX6 system out of plain curiosity. I'll put in my second SE and let you know what the difference is like (Speed of response). Currently running pcm.

The hilarious thing is, both my rexes now fly glitch free on PCM now they have silicon on the belt and a good ferrite ring. I can alwasy sell the DX on ebay. .. Or maybe let my other half fly my other rex.... nah..... maybe not....

I will say one thing - I saw a vid on the web of a kid (12 or 14) doing amazing 3D with the standard DX6 TX setup on a rex SE.

I also suspect, based on the current range reports, that they are classing the system as parkflyer only because they want to sell a more expensive "grown up" version soon.? - not that i'm bothered. My larger heli (logo 20) has flown glitch free on PPM since I got it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in