Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Has Helidirect Changed Owner?

Since this summer, I no longer see Jody when I call in for order. I also notice that they ship out wrong part to me once (but corrected it responsibly when informed). I ordered bunch of stuffs from Helidirect on Black Friday, including a pair of Align CF-D blades and received them today. It turns out that the blades are dull-looking, small dents on top, bunch of white flakes, has weird circles on them, and the roots have gaps that are wider than normal with small holes in them. Man....it's so bad that I even had the thought that these are not "genuine" Align blades!!! This is the second times that it had happened to me when ordering Align 425mm CF from Helidirect.....it's just getting so worst this time, compared to the last experience. Now I have to go through the hassle of taking good-angle pictures to clearly show these defects to get them believe and let me refund the item. I feel that Helidirect doesn't carry quality parts anymore as it used to be....
See attachment for some pictures. The cosmetic defects are far worst than can be shown in pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dent_area.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	127205   Click image for larger version

Name:	dent_area2.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	127206   Click image for larger version

Name:	holes.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	127207   Click image for larger version

Name:	white_flakes.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	127208  
Thi-rex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Before you attribute the problem to HD, you might want to ask around whether the problems are being found in parts from all vendors.

Generally, it would be unlikely that an online seller would be responsible for cosmetic defects in a packaged part, unless they left them out in the bad weather or something.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to attach HD. In fact, I like their quick shipping. That's why I still order from them. But for CF Align blades...it has happened a couple times for me already. This time it just look so cheap that it's like....fake blades . Anyway, I hope they can give me a refund so that I can buy it from somewhere else, which I think they will.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still purchase Align products for some of my smaller helis but this is what I've come to expect from Align. You get what you pay for.
lpiint is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this is aligns fault not HD

HD does not open each package and inspect what align sends them.

If i paid full pop for those I would call HD and get a return order coming as they are cosmeticaly flawed.

I do not like the holes in the roots and there definatly flawed
trex 600N OS50hyp, hitori, mgp, 9451'sgy520/9256, TT
trex 700N 91sz, hitori, g600, 610's, 611/9256, TT
outhouse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have ordered a bunch from HD lately and service/shipping has been top notch.
Imperfect blades should be blamed on the manufacturer.
fastflyer20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aren't the "D" blades Align's cosmetic flaws?
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscott View Post
Aren't the "D" blades Align's cosmetic flaws?

No
Shawn Behrens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them on black friday including a 500 ESP- a great deal. The order came on time and nicely packaged.
vanguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

My stuff from the gobble deal came lickety-split. They even threw in free Priority shipping, so I had the stuff I ordered last Wednesday on Monday.

I only complain when they send me stuff of lesser value by accident, which has never happened. They fill orders by part number, not by description.

Sometimes there's even freebies thrown in. I really like that HD carries a bunch of stuff you can't get from other vendors, too. They're top-notch on my list.

Sorry to see such a jacked up pair of Align blades. I've got some spares laying around that I never even opened the packages on (for the most part they've been flawless). Guess what I'm going to do right now?
heli-on is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not like I'm picking on Helidirect. All my past orders have been perfectly packed & in good condition. It's just the main blades experience with HD. Because it happened twice already. I ordered regular priced blades and always get the cosmetic defect ones. I mean these are even worst looking than the "blemished" version sold from GrandRC. Both times I ordered the same Align CF 425mm D blades. I wonder if they stock bunch of blemish blades and redistribute them with regular price? I never had this problem when ordering new Align blades from Readyheli or local hobby shops.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
It's not like I'm picking on Helidirect.
So why did you post it here then for the entire heli world to see?

I can't understand why you didn't just email Helidirect. I've had an issue now and then too.. not their fault even.. and they fixed it. And that was that.

Are you young? (As in the entitled generation?)
Old 12-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

Bummer to hear about your recent hiccups.

I value HD for them offering rather "uncommon" brands like Beam, Ino-Lab etc, which I use. In addition, they stock the latest and most complete list of parts for my uncommon helis.

Also loved the 12% Black Friday discount I made use of for my new JR 8900G tail servo.

Best,
Frank
Tail boom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail boom View Post
I value HD for them offering rather "uncommon" brands like Beam, Ino-Lab etc....
Yes Frank! I agree... in fact this is one of the VERY few places that sells Outrage kits and parts... my newest heli.

I really appreciate Helidirect.

And not even to mention they are the only distributor of Skookum FBL gyros.. heard of them?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
So why did you post it here then for the entire heli world to see?
I can't understand why you didn't just email Helidirect. I've had an issue now and then too.. not their fault even.. and they fixed it. And that was that.
Are you young? (As in the entitled generation?)
I bet you've ranted more than once since you entered this forum. Does that mean you're 12 year old too ? I bet if you're the one spending $50 for a set of blades that are not even 1/3 of your favorite "Pro 3D" sets, you wouldn't be that calm. This has happened to me more than once, buddy.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not really.. I don't rant much... I'm old but I do know if I have issues I deal with the vendor and not the general public... (who generally don't care)... dealing with who you bought from generally gets better results seriously.... er.. buddy.

i.e. If I buy 2 Mikado V-bars (doing so soon)... $1000... and one is bad. Would I rant here? Or would I email Readyheli for an RMA? Hmmm.. not a tough choice.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thi-rex View Post
I bet you've ranted more than once since you entered this forum. Does that mean you're 12 year old too ? I bet if you're the one spending $50 for a set of blades that are not even 1/3 of your favorite "Pro 3D" sets, you wouldn't be that calm. This has happened to me more than once, buddy.
Seconded... We've all had our moments.
xf100t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bri
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thi-rex View Post
Since this summer, I no longer see Jody when I call in for order. I also notice that they ship out wrong part to me once (but corrected it responsibly when informed). I ordered bunch of stuffs from Helidirect on Black Friday, including a pair of Align CF-D blades and received them today. It turns out that the blades are dull-looking, small dents on top, bunch of white flakes, has weird circles on them, and the roots have gaps that are wider than normal with small holes in them. Man....it's so bad that I even had the thought that these are not "genuine" Align blades!!! This is the second times that it had happened to me when ordering Align 425mm CF from Helidirect.....it's just getting so worst this time, compared to the last experience. Now I have to go through the hassle of taking good-angle pictures to clearly show these defects to get them believe and let me refund the item. I feel that Helidirect doesn't carry quality parts anymore as it used to be....
See attachment for some pictures. The cosmetic defects are far worst than can be shown in pictures.
I would highly advise that you edit the title in your post. It is not HD's fault for your flawed blades!

You can change the title of your post by going to your first post, clicking on "edit' and then click "Go Advanced". Now you have the ability to change the title if you choose to do so. If you do, then it is done, fixed, and HD keeps the respect that they have (or not) from their customers, current and future (possibly???).

That's just my 2 cents.

B
Bri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Not really.. I don't rant much... I'm old but I do know if I have issues I deal with the vendor and not the general public... it just gets better results seriously.... ah..er.. buddy I guess.
Well...because if things happening more than once and it's getting worst, I was just checking to see if anybody else having the same problem on the specific 425mm CF-D sets too. If yes, then may be I'll only stop ordering that set from them, but continue on everything else. Anyway, it was just a frustration that I wanted to share.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK.. that's fair. Sorry I poked my nose in too far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in