Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default cb100 vs 4#6s

Just wondering which model Cb100 or 4#6S would be the best to learn to fly with?
gurdzillar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

CB100 is easy to fly, so you would make more fun out of it. 4#6S is harder but if you looking forward to fly collective pitch in the future, this heli will be a good teacher.

the big different between CB100 and 4#6S is the flybar system.

CB100 has a weighted flybar at 45 degree leading the main blade, this made CB100 very easy to fly, but weighted flybar also degrade forward flicht ability as well.

4#6S on the other hand, has a paddle flybar at 90 degree leading the main blade, this is common use in RC Helicopter, Yes it harder to learn to fly, but forward flight is much more better through.

In my opinion you should start with CB100 then after you're comfortable hovering in every orientation, try 4#6S.

OR

Starting with 4#6S BELL then after you're comfortable hovering in every orientation, you can order the head system with paddle flybar to replace the weighted flybar system on 4#6S BELL.
ting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ting he is asking about the 4#6S compared to the Cb100 - not 4#6 compared to CB100 - 4#6S has the new triple axis gyro system (auto stabilizing system) built into the receiver.

I too would be interested to hear what they think of the new 4#6S compared to Cb100 if anybody out their has both.

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. I said 4#6S. I never said 4#6 in my post, please read it again.

and again I do have both CB100 and 4#6S
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for your confirmation Ting - but its left me intrigued why you think the main difference between these two helicopters is the 45 deg phased flybar of the CB100 and not the new all singing and dancing 3 axis gyro system of the new 4#6S which should in theory be a major advancement.

particularly the comment on the 4#6Bell then changing the head to the 90 deg flybar later - since the 4#6Bell has the single axis AVCS gyro - do you find the new walker 3-axis system does not give the stability expected from a triple axis system ? helping to improve stability even in winds and hands off capability.

Regards David
Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocD View Post
Thank you for your confirmation Ting - but its left me intrigued why you think the main difference between these two helicopters is the 45 deg phased flybar of the CB100 and not the new all singing and dancing 3 axis gyro system of the new 4#6S which should in theory be a major advancement.

particularly the comment on the 4#6Bell then changing the head to the 90 deg flybar later - since the 4#6Bell has the single axis AVCS gyro - do you find the new walker 3-axis system does not give the stability expected from a triple axis system ? helping to improve stability even in winds and hands off capability.

Regards David
Dear DocD,

Trust me, the really big different between CB100 and 4#6S is the Head configuration. The 3axis gyro make 4#6S easy to fly than the 4#6, but not as easy as CB100.

The 3 axis gyro is not a Co-Pilot. It just make 4#6S more easy to fly than 4#6.

and AGAIN, I never said 4#6 Bell, I said 4#6S Bell. please go back and read it again. and as I know, Walkera never sell 4#6 BELL, they only sell 4#6S BELL.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the 4#6Bell walkera don't sell

http://www.walkera.com/en1/particula...n=Z14%236SBELL

Walkera may have a 4#6SBell in the pipeline but it has not been announced to date and it is highly unlikely that walkera would combine the 45 deg phased head and the 3 axis gyro in the same design - the phased 45 deg flybar head was a great step forward in providing a stable trainer to learn on but does have limitations - the more likely options are a flybarless version with the 3 axis gyro.

Regards David
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocD View Post
This is the 4#6Bell walkera don't sell

http://www.walkera.com/en1/particula...n=Z14%236SBELL

Walkera may have a 4#6SBell in the pipeline but it has not been announced to date and it is highly unlikely that walkera would combine the 45 deg phased head and the 3 axis gyro in the same design - the phased 45 deg flybar head was a great step forward in providing a stable trainer to learn on but does have limitations - the more likely options are a flybarless version with the 3 axis gyro.

Regards David
Ok, it's my fault. I just have a look at miracle-mart and in that page said 4#6 Bell come with RX2433 http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=4485 , but now I think that information on miracle-mart is notcorrect.

So If walkera don't have 4#6S Bell I will suggest gurdzillar to start with CB100 then after he've comfortable hovering in every orientation, move on to 4#6S.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a CB100 and recently bought a 4G6. I can fly freely with CB100, but not with 4G6. Even can't hover it for over 10 seconds.

Then I replaced the CB100 flybar heads with the 4G6 paddles. The handling is quite similar with 4G6, very sensitive and reactive. I found it very difficult to control and decided to add some little weight at the paddle connectors to make it less sensitive. Still getting used to it.

IMO, 4#6S should be more relevant if your ultimate goal is CP heli (in this case, consider getting a 2801 pro tx instead of 2402). Compared with CP helis, CB100 is just too easy to fly, so it is more or less a redundent step. With 4#6S you can also turn down the 3G gyro to improve your skills, when you are confident enough!

Last but not least, 4#6(S) can be converted to 4G6(S)!
bighead81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in