Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade tracking issue

after a crash i replaced the usual feather and main shaft went back to 425 align carbon fiber blades main head and grips looked good broke a radius arm though didnt relize till i got home with all the other new parts had an exi washout base with control arms and radius arms so im using that. i can not keep the blades in track one seconed there close then they walk right out of track and its bad enough where i dont dare fly. ive tried replacing control links with no sucess im stumped and need help
bhurley20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It could be one of the 2 screws holding the flybar seesaw holder thats broken or loose.
Also check that the mixing arms dont have any play in it.
These 2 things are known to cause the problem you describe.
I have never tried it myself but maybe play in one of the control arms in the washout base can cause it too.
pxpep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the flybar cage level and hold it with one hand while lightly trying to change the pitch of a blade with your other. You can literally see if there is any slo do it for both blades. Check the play on the washout base in respect to the main shaft.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had the same problem with my EXI not long after I got it, would get the blades tracked and the very next time I would fly it they would be out of track, found the plastic EXI arms were twisting throwing the tracking off, swaped them to metal arms and the problem went away, so if the EXI arms you used are plastic this may be why it is doing the on and off tracking thing, after seeing what happened with them I wont ever use plastic arms on my T-rex--------Fly Tight
Wrench 54 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My lingering blade tracking problem after a crash was the ball of one of my blade grips was loose ever so slightly and not seated well. I took it out, checked and cleaned the threads and put it back in with Locktite and now my tracking stays where it should. I finally found this after I went over the entire head three times and changed a whole bunch of stuff
Old 08-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should you replace the main shaft and feathering shaft after EVERY crash?

I just crashed mine and there was nothing obvious with them so left them in. Seems to fly OK.

I know a trick for checking the feathering shaft - but what about the main shaft? What are Sx of a subtle bend?
docz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by docz View Post
Should you replace the main shaft and feathering shaft after EVERY crash?

I just crashed mine and there was nothing obvious with them so left them in. Seems to fly OK.

I know a trick for checking the feathering shaft - but what about the main shaft? What are Sx of a subtle bend?
I take the main and feathering shafts out and roll them on a piece of glass to check for bends.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Replace the radial main grip bearings. These get damaged in a crash and can cause variable tracking issues.
horigan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in