Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default my motor wont spin....

well after a long time i finally have a heli fly...but there seems to be a problem.. i was testing the motor and esc to see wich way the motor should spin and the motor wont spin at all. i can feel it ad hear it that it wants to. i am doing this holding all 3 wires with my fingers separately of course. but after 5 seconds when i throttle up it stops trying to and i can feel the wires and esc getting hot i have to lower the throttle down.the esc that someone sent me was used i think its one of the xp's with red board..is the esc bad????.
the motor its brand new a ta 915
raptorddd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It could be that the ESC needs to be programmed to work with your motor, the most important parameter being 'timing'.

Were there any instructions with the ESC that mention programming it?
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
It could be that the ESC needs to be programmed to work with your motor, the most important parameter being 'timing'.

Were there any instructions with the ESC that mention programming it?
no instruccions as it was used they gave this to me...i would try later on today direct sodering from esc to the motor and see what happens...let's hope it turns..i remember having a similar issue with the hp08 i had to give a spin with my hand to turn but his one wont even turn.. ill see.. thanks

i ave xp12a no programing card can it be programmed witout a card.???????

Last edited by raptorddd; 04-25-2012 at 05:12 PM..
Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorddd View Post
i ave xp12a no programing card can it be programmed witout a card.???????
Depending on how it is wired into the RX, it may be possible to program it using the TX.

When you have your TX powered and power up the bird, does the motor beep a few times to let you know it has initialized and is armed?

If so, try this: (This works on the XP-7A and likely will work on the 12A but I don't know for sure and again, it depends on how it is wired into the RX)
1). Remove the main rotor blades, in case the motor does spool up during any of this.
2). With the bird unpowered and the TX powered, push the throttle up to maximum.
3). Apply power to the bird.
4). The motor should beep a few times but the sequence of beeps will be different than when the bird is powered up with the throttle is set to minimum.

If the above works, it is programmable from the TX but, I don't know how to proceed from there as the XP-12A may be different than the XP-7A.

With the XP-7A, it will beep twice to indicate it has set maximum throttle and then if you wait for 6 seconds, it will play a sequence of notes to indicate that it is is programming mode.

But, if the throttle is reduced to '0' just after the initial beeps and before the sequence of beeps indicating it is in programming mode, it will then change to operational mode and arm itself.

If it goes into programming mode, the motor will then go through a sequence of various beep sequences with each beep sequence indicating a specific field that can be set and lowering the throttle to '0' just after any one of them will put you into a mode where you can adjust the setting of that field.

For each field entered, there will again be a sequence of beeps but this time, in a sequence from 1 beep to as many beeps as there are options. Raising the throttle back to maximum just after one of the beep sequences at this point selects whichever option had just beeped.

Without knowing what the various fields and options are though, you'd have to guess which is what but if the max-throttle on powering up the bird gives you a different beep sequence from the motor, you can at least know that it can be programmed from the TX and then it is just a matter of finding out what the programming sequence is from there.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Depending on how it is wired into the RX, it may be possible to program it using the TX.

When you have your TX powered and power up the bird, does the motor beep a few times to let you know it has initialized and is armed?

If so, try this: (This works on the XP-7A and likely will work on the 12A but I don't know for sure and again, it depends on how it is wired into the RX)
1). Remove the main rotor blades, in case the motor does spool up during any of this.
2). With the bird unpowered and the TX powered, push the throttle up to maximum.
3). Apply power to the bird.
4). The motor should beep a few times but the sequence of beeps will be different than when the bird is powered up with the throttle is set to minimum.

If the above works, it is programmable from the TX but, I don't know how to proceed from there as the XP-12A may be different than the XP-7A.

With the XP-7A, it will beep twice to indicate it has set maximum throttle and then if you wait for 6 seconds, it will play a sequence of notes to indicate that it is is programming mode.

But, if the throttle is reduced to '0' just after the initial beeps and before the sequence of beeps indicating it is in programming mode, it will then change to operational mode and arm itself.

If it goes into programming mode, the motor will then go through a sequence of various beep sequences with each beep sequence indicating a specific field that can be set and lowering the throttle to '0' just after any one of them will put you into a mode where you can adjust the setting of that field.

For each field entered, there will again be a sequence of beeps but this time, in a sequence from 1 beep to as many beeps as there are options. Raising the throttle back to maximum just after one of the beep sequences at this point selects whichever option had just beeped.

Without knowing what the various fields and options are though, you'd have to guess which is what but if the max-throttle on powering up the bird gives you a different beep sequence from the motor, you can at least know that it can be programmed from the TX and then it is just a matter of finding out what the programming sequence is from there.
ill give it a try later on today...i think t does not beep at all unless it has to be on the frameto hear the beeps...when you say it depends on how its wired o rx what do you mean.????
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
ill give it a try later on today...i think t does not beep at all unless it has to be on the frameto hear the beeps...when you say it depends on how its wired o rx what do you mean.????
If the motor is loose and not mounted to anything or on a surface which can act to resonate the sound, it is very hard to hear. If you put it on something ceramic or hard plastic, that may help. Assuming it makes any noise at all.

As for how it is wired into the RX, it is more a matter of the combination of where the signal for the ESC comes from and what the ESC does with it. For example, a Plug-n-Play all-in-one ESC that CX2Pilot tried couldn't go into programming mode at all while the one I've been playing with can even though they both get their signal from the RX in the same place.

Do you have a link to where the XP-12A that you have can be bought from? I know you bought it from someone other than a retail outlet but if I had something to start tracking down how it is supposed to work, it might help. On the other hand, it might not either.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ran it off the stock 10a ESC or the stock 20a m120 ESC. I gave this motor to him an worked fine witch was brand new. It worked for me before I sent to him probably the timing on ESC. It might work better direct solder to ESC.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If the motor is loose and not mounted to anything or on a surface which can act to resonate the sound, it is very hard to hear. If you put it on something ceramic or hard plastic, that may help. Assuming it makes any noise at all.

As for how it is wired into the RX, it is more a matter of the combination of where the signal for the ESC comes from and what the ESC does with it. For example, a Plug-n-Play all-in-one ESC that CX2Pilot tried couldn't go into programming mode at all while the one I've been playing with can even though they both get their signal from the RX in the same place.

Do you have a link to where the XP-12A that you have can be bought from? I know you bought it from someone other than a retail outlet but if I had something to start tracking down how it is supposed to work, it might help. On the other hand, it might not either.
hi heliopolis... can hear the beeps now...it starts 2 small beeps, 1 long, 2 short, and a melody.. normal star up.... with throttle all the way up as you suggested same beeps as normal..i read that the 2610v cant be programmed from tx..a programming card must e used.

no link to where it was bought it was given to me by VTHELI..
Old 04-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
I ran it off the stock 10a ESC or the stock 20a m120 ESC. I gave this motor to him an worked fine witch was brand new. It worked for me before I sent to him probably the timing on ESC. It might work better direct solder to ESC.
yes vronny it is brand new...and what i think is thatill need a programming card acordig to cxpilot.......thanks vronny.. i havent solder it yet i do this with the rx,esc and motor not in the heli...i wil solder it tomorrow... so in order to know if it can be programmed with tx you must know where it came from or definitevely it cant...
Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hi heliopolis... can hear the beeps now...it starts 2 small beeps, 1 long, 2 short, and a melody.. normal star up.... with throttle all the way up as you suggested same beeps as normal..i read that the 2610v cant be programmed from tx..a programming card must e used.

no link to where it was bought it was given to me by VTHELI..
The 2610 can't be programmed period. You would need a program card for 12A ESC.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
The 2610 can't be programmed period. You would need a program card for 12A ESC.
ok got you..
thanks vronny....ill have to get me a programming card....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in