Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr View Post
perhaps this will be considered sacrilege but there is more variety in fixed wing than helicopters. I have two 700 gassers, 1 700 electric, a 550 and even a 450. I don't think any new helicopter will be a huge difference. In the meantime, I have been exploring combat wings, EDF jets, and my latest craze is hotliner sailplanes. I bought a lit plane and now we fly at night, my club does streamer combat with Techone Swift so I have one of those. I wish there was more active pylon racing in my area because I think i could get into that. Just more variety on the plank side of the fence.
I watch the EF-1 pylon racer guys at our club and often think it would be fun to do it with helis. Probably nothing too big or expensive due to the crash risk, but it could be interesting with 450 or 500 class helis.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 07:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I watch the EF-1 pylon racer guys at our club and often think it would be fun to do it with helis. Probably nothing too big or expensive due to the crash risk, but it could be interesting with 450 or 500 class helis.
well the problem is getting enough guys who want to do one thing. The streamer combat is sort of a joke. While it is just for fun, streamers rarely get cut. So you get a hairball of five 3D foamies flying around for a few minutes. Its good for a few laughs. I keep saying we should do real contact combat with flying wings but can't get critical mass.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
It is a fact that the helicopter market is shrinking thanks to multicopter.

I think because of it, new helicopters have been hard to come by especially one that is taking risk in innovation and is sustainable i.e. parts please!! (Avant Mostro anyone?)

I am on the waiting list for the new TDR II but I think it is not going to be my main 3D machine.

I am looking for an exciting new project for a nice 3D machine. You can see from my signature what I already fly they all fly pretty much equally for me.

The T-Rex has been my "try new things" machine but as been put asside more and more since I have the BD3SX in all my helis now. Scare pucker is turned down thanks to it.

As you can see I lean toward 700 size helis now mainly for convenience in batteries size but I am open to new size too.

So what would you suggest and why is most important.
I'm totally excited about the Mostro 600, the 700 is my best flying Heli!
Patience is a virtue, in the meantime I've tried all the Logos and we'll most likely get to try their plastic 700 too before the Mostro 600.
sseppala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

RJX Vector Speed 700...
Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think that there will be at least a couple exciting announcements at ircha...surely!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

For 3D I think the new molded frame Logo 700 should be a great fit. At least that's my plan assuming I don't go off the reservation before then.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ewing View Post
I think that there will be at least a couple exciting announcements at ircha...surely!
I sure hope so,

rhodesengr, no worries I've got the plank side covered, have a look at my signature but I like helicopters too and usually commute between helicopters, 3D planes and jets fields depending on what a couple of friends and I feel like doing on a particular day.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
DT700. Lots of trays on the interior of the frame for mounting components and it's very light. Except for routing the servo wires around the boom, all my wiring ended up on the inside of the frame. It's more than a pound lighter in flight weight than my 7HV was, similarly equipped, and it flies that way. It uses over/under control of the tail slider, not ball-and-socket, which really smoothes out the tail. It has herringbone main gear and pinion and the latest version has helical gears in the tail drive train. Parts are very inexpensive and a lot of attention was paid to maintenance, such as being able to remove the tail rotor shaft without having to slide it through the bearings; it just comes straight out the back after unscrewing two plates.

There's an alternate color scheme available that make it more visible and more streamlined. Here's a photo of mine.

Great, Thanks! Just what I need another heli... Where did I hide my wallet this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr View Post
perhaps this will be considered sacrilege but there is more variety in fixed wing than helicopters. I have two 700 gassers, 1 700 electric, a 550 and even a 450. I don't think any new helicopter will be a huge difference. In the meantime, I have been exploring combat wings, EDF jets, and my latest craze is hotliner sailplanes. I bought a lit plane and now we fly at night, my club does streamer combat with Techone Swift so I have one of those. I wish there was more active pylon racing in my area because I think i could get into that. Just more variety on the plank side of the fence.
Blasphemy!!! Infidel!! RCG Spy!!

Sometimes I like to fly my T28 when nobody is looking, but it has a vbar so it doesn't count
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015, 12:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I was rich the Velos 880! BADASS MACHINE!

Velos 880 Test Flight II (5 min 29 sec)
Old 06-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-insane View Post
If I was rich the Velos 880! BADASS MACHINE!

Velos 880 Test Flight II - YouTube
Yes but....still waiting for a release date.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok guys I have found what I am looking for

PowerUp 3.0 Smartphone Controlled Paper Airplane Kickstarter (2 min 46 sec)
Old 06-11-2015, 12:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Cool! Although I missed how they control climb, probably throttle?
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Things are looking up, I'd say. Plenty of new models on the horizon since this thread was last active. I'm definitely excited
Old 08-03-2015, 10:31 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Velo's 880 is available to buy at helidirect right now. I am actually really wanting get my hands on a protos max v2. It looks very very good . considering. Selling my loved 500 for money towards it.
Team Helidirect
Helis4Life77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Synergy 766 and HD Cell 750 are two other models being unveiled at IRCHA
Old 08-03-2015, 11:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Plenty of room in the market with TT and Align both [edit] reportedly struggling [/edit]

Let's home the window of opportunity breathes life into some of these new efforts!

Last edited by trickybit; 08-03-2015 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Overstated some rumors.
trickybit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickybit View Post
Plenty of room in the market with TT and Align both bleeding out onto the street...
what is going on with Align? Did I miss something?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I should rephrase. I've read here that Align isn't going to make IRCHA, and less substantially I've heard that they're struggling as a business.

I don't have first-source authoritative info to share.

Sorry to overstate it.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickybit View Post
I should rephrase. I've read here that Align isn't going to make IRCHA, and less substantially I've heard that they're struggling as a business.

I don't have first-source authoritative info to share.

Sorry to overstate it.

HRP and Thunder Tiger are going to IRCHA together , maybe with a E700 V3 ?

The new Synergy 766 looks like a great new heli with a broad range of setup options available to fine tune the heli to your style and head speed preference , along with blade size.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default well...

I did end up with a Forza 700 man the quality is unreal.- Its a hot rod! well see how it stands out with time and some more flights...

Now for the news on 3D:

The Protos MAxV2 is here! just sanded the frames! this may be it! well see...

Will report in a few days...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in