Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 05:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default copterx 450 SE V2 help .. pls :(

Hi guys,
Hope this is the right thread and the place to post this question if not my bad & do apologize !!

This is my first ever build after flying too many 3 channels and 4 channel RTF’s.
I have managed to mount the motor, head and the main gear. Everything is working fine except that when I rotate the head by the main blade mounts or fly bar ( manually, cos no electronics are installed yet) only the smaller wheel of the main gear rotates ( the gear which drives the tail). But when I distance the mortar pinion from the main gear and rotate the blades, both gears rotate. If you put the slightest pressure on the big main gear and rotate it by the main blade, then only the smaller gear rotate. Is this normal?

video : [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKIYIyAdUo[/ame]
kamila is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
zen
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You may have installed the one-way clutch upside down. The test is to wire up the motor and ESC to the receiver and battery, turn on the transmitter and raise the throttle stick slightly. If the main shaft rotates you're good. If the motor spins but the shaft does not rotate the one-way clutch is indeed upside down.

T-rex 500 ESP
zen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

What is happening is perfectly normal behavior. When there is no power to the main gear (the larger one), the auto-rotation (smaller gear) will rotate until it runs out of energy.

BTW, your tail rotor is rotating the wrong direction. You'll need to flip the belt on the pulley to change directions.

Let us know if you need any more help.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on what bob o said that is how the main gear works the gear turns clockwise when spun by the pinion gear on the motor which spins counter clockwise when no power is being applied to the main gear the lower gear will rotate freely for auto rotation purposes also your tail belt needs to be flipped so that your tail rudder rotates counter clockwise when looking at the heli from the right hand side this is done to cancel out the effect of the torque coming from the main blades which spin clockwise
boogie12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie12 View Post
+1 on what bob o said that is how the main gear works the gear turns clockwise when spun by the pinion gear on the motor which spins counter clockwise when no power is being applied to the main gear the lower gear will rotate freely for auto rotation purposes also your tail belt needs to be flipped so that your tail rudder rotates counter clockwise when looking at the heli from the right hand side this is done to cancel out the effect of the torque coming from the main blades which spin clockwise
+1
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1. That is working properly. +1 on your tail rotating the wrong direction. Flip the belt. The tail needs to rotate so the blades go up into the prop wash of your main blades, not down.
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in