Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default thanks to the heil gods newbe

been looking around for a slick forum and lucked up on this one boy am i glad just got cx2 baby today got the manual off line and read in cover to cover for a week before I got it my first by the way been into gas boats big time got hooked one day at tha hobby shop got to stay the heck out of that place I"ve got it on charge as I write this I've looked at a lot of the post I know were I'm going with it I will be ordering a few things right away like extreams v3 core landing gear' bodys no bling just going to mod it to fly fast and long this is going to be fun as hop up parts are so much cheaper than gas boats and no pond needed been also looking at carring case know of any good ones well I just wanted to let you guys know another cx2 in the mix will let you know how the first flight went
fly-n-low is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this is just my 2 cents, but I had the same mind set as you seem to have when I got mine. I started buying the first items I found and didn't do much research, which was a mistake. after doing more research and reliezing I could do most mods myself I felt pretty stupid and pretty broke. If you want to get it flying fast then there are cheaper and better ways then buying the V3 core, I know, I bought that and it sucked.

my current setup is kinda home made but it works and is all a copy of stuff that is forsale. not everything is home made though,
I am running new blade grips
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Esky_...p/ek1-0317.htm
with these blades
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...r_p/esl005.htm
shotened flybar
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/BoomT...4_p/bth009.htm
and new tail boom
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/BoomT...t_p/bth001.htm

I am also running the cnc frame but that isn't neccesary to get to go fast and have a stable heli, but I would get it if you brake the plastic frame.

the key to really getting these little birds to go is having a extended inner shaft, so you don't get blade strike, and moving the linkage to 3rd or 4th hole on the servo arm. BEWARE: moving the linkage out makes the heli alot harder to fly and alot easyer to crash. I'm sure you will find out what I mean.

I would get these inner shafts to use
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/product_p/ht001c.htm
what I made is simular to these.

I hope these links get you going in the right direction. the guys at boomtown hobbies are the best you will ever talk to about this stuff.
JStilt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thumbs up

your right after looking a round I've decide to get the new helitek supershaft w/ exxtrem blade grips and exxtrem blades and a boom town tail also a helitek fly bar and will see how it goes I'll keep you up to date
Old 12-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You realize that we also sell a folding blade conversion? It's up to you what parts you buy, but it seems to me you could save yourself quite a bit of money by ordering everything from one place.

Tony Skinner
Helitek-RC
barak1001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

thanks tony could you give me your web site you have just got your self a new customer newbe just trying to get it togerther the rigth way
Old 12-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

www.helitek-rc.com

Boomtown carries our products and we carry theirs.

So you can get the Boomtown Model 3 from us also.
barak1001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

tony were do I fine a aluminum head hub for your inner shaft

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in