Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support

@752317 - Did you check the heli's fully charged battery voltage?
Helis and MRs wrecked while-U-wait since 2008-05-27
Creaky Cactus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need help with my Jin Xing DA 331.

I recently bought this choper for my boys. While they were flying it crashed, and now the top rotar wont spin. The battery is fully charged in both the remote, and the helicopter. Also looking at some of the posts here I saw suggestions on checking the top set screw. The screw is tight. Looking at it it seems as if the top shaft isn't engaging the gears in the body. Any suggestions on how to fix this, or am I out the $50 I spent on this? Thanks for your help
dfolk22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

well..

all of you are going to have to take it apart and purchase replacement parts from here:

http://www.toyrc.com/manufacturers/jin-xing-da-toys-71/

However if you like flying them, I'd go to your local hobby shop and pick up a Blade mCX2 or Blade mSR
4G6, mCPX, mCPXBL, nCPX, mSR, mCX
Gadflyii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
well..

all of you are going to have to take it apart and purchase replacement parts from here:

http://www.toyrc.com/manufacturers/jin-xing-da-toys-71/

However if you like flying them, I'd go to your local hobby shop and pick up a Blade mCX2 or Blade mSR
I agree. If you all enjoy flying these go pick up a mCX2 or CX2. You will be amazed how much better they fly and you can easily get parts and fix them.
Rago is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb Jump in

Like some of the guys said..you will have to take it apart and know what makes it tick. Take step by step pictures, thats how I could put my outboard back together. See if you can find a manual online. Or save it for new years and blow it up... Naw, fix it... and buy a MCX2.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive played with a couple of these that someone had.I have a couple I havent flown in awhile.Ive seen exactly what the OP described.Its probably the LiPo went bad.These things seem to have a very generous LVC and it runs the pack down real low.And then the cheap charger tends to overcharge a bit.
They are what they are and can be alot of fun for someone.Put a fresh pack in them and they liven back up.Just try not to run it down until it stops.It kills the pack real fast.If you want some real excitement tape a quarter to the nose turn it on and try to steer it before it slams into something at warp speed.
Its even more fun if you have a couple of them and you fly around and try to blow one another into the ground.
If its spinning around uncomtrollably one motor might be bad but if its generally ok just being wimpy its likely the pack.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a very similar type heli, they are great fun to buzz around the room. All of the parts on this thing can be replaced, you just need to find a site that sells them. That being said, Listen to the motors, make sure that both are spinning. If one is very noisy then that motor may need to be replaced.
If both are spinning ok, check for hair or lint in the gears or on the blade shafts. I have cats and I'm constantly cleaning out the hair. If you like flying them, you can upgrade to a 4ch micro heli, and go from there. The whole point of this hobby is to enjoy yourself, and if are having fun with the 3ch heli and dont want to go any further Great! The point is have fun!
ka7ple is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 01:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Ive played with a couple of these that someone had.I have a couple I havent flown in awhile.Ive seen exactly what the OP described.Its probably the LiPo went bad.These things seem to have a very generous LVC and it runs the pack down real low.And then the cheap charger tends to overcharge a bit.
They are what they are and can be alot of fun for someone.Put a fresh pack in them and they liven back up.Just try not to run it down until it stops.It kills the pack real fast.If you want some real excitement tape a quarter to the nose turn it on and try to steer it before it slams into something at warp speed.
Its even more fun if you have a couple of them and you fly around and try to blow one another into the ground.
If its spinning around uncomtrollably one motor might be bad but if its generally ok just being wimpy its likely the pack.
+1 on the battery being damaged by repeated overdischarging/overcharging

I too have played with a similar copter and ran into the same exact issue (battery damaged by abuse). Without more technical details about the problem, I'd say the battery is definitely the number 1 suspect.
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
broken, newbie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in