Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
GCK
Registered Users

Default CX450SE V2 setup?

This probably is not the right forum to post this. But since there is not a Copter X section and I’m sure some of you guys have this helicopter I figured what the heck.

I got a CX450SE V2 for Christmas. So far I’ve equipped it with a 40A Hobby wings ESC, Align 430XL motor with 11 tooth pinion, external 3A switching BEC, SG90’s on the swash, and an AR6200 receiver to go along with my DX6i. I plan on using a GY401 gyro and a decent tail servo but I’ve yet to pick that up.

I’ve mounted the servo’s (pain in the butt) and went through the entire head setup based on Finless Bob’s video’s (CCPM part 1/CCPM part 2). Everything went well all though I’m sure if I built another one I could do it in half the time. I have the collective pitch set to +/- 10 degrees. I can easily get +/- 12 degrees but I figured 10 is good for now. And I’ve set the cyclic pitch to +/- 7 degrees. I noticed in Bob’s video that his swash mixes are around 50 or so for pitch and around 60 or so for aileron and elevator. On my setup I’m at –85 on pitch and 95 for aileron and elevator. Is this just the difference of the servo’s and my radio? Or did I miss something and need to go back through my setup? Everything seems to be working just fine. I’m just curious as to why my swash mix settings are so much higher then Bob’s. And Bob is running +/- 11 degrees collective and +/- 8 degrees cyclic in the setup videos.

Thanks for any input.

Greg
GCK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your mix percentages are way too high. There is definatly a problem somewhere.

I am not an expert on swash mixes but maybe you swash was too low from the start. Try and lower your pitch % and higher your swash useing the links. Turn them all two turns, then 3 or 4 turns until you get 0 pitch at mid stick with 60% pitch.

If you do that then maybe all your other values will need to come down too. So lower your aile and elev to 60% aswell.

-Jonny
Old 01-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
GCK
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have zero pitch at mid stick regardless of the swash mix setting for pitch. Only thing changeing the pitch setting does for me is change my pitch range.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Greg,

Good choice of forum as a lot of us have CopterX's or hybrid belt copter x/exi/trex!

I agree with Jonny, your mix settings seem insanely high. I am getting +/-11 on my CopterX V2 with just 60% swash mix and get +/-6 cyclic with 60%. When you say you can easily get +/-12 do you mean by increasing swash mix pitch setting?

I would guess that you need to move the ball out on your servo arm and reduce the swash mix down. Which hole do you have the ball in?
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
GCK
Registered Users

I'm on the third hole on the SG90 servo arms (about 13mm from center). Arms are centered at zero stick. The links are at 90 degrees with the servo arms at mid stick. The swash plate is 10mm from the bearing block at mid stick. Plenty of room on the swash to move +/-12 degrees collective pitch. I do have the swash mix for pitch set to limit the pitch to +/- 10 degrees though. Everything I can think of in my setup looks right. Its acting like these SG90 servo's just don't move as much with a given swash setting. If I move the ball link further out on the servo arm it won't be 90 degrees anymore. What servo's are you using?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 with Psilo
My balls are (and I am sure I am going to regret this) at about 12mm out of the center

Yep too late
Old 01-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a friend with that problem too!

Seriously though, have you got any Dual Rates setup or have you reduced the travel adjust on your servos? Admittedly, I am using HS65MG's on mine so not the same setup but have SG90's on the belt with 60% across all swash. As you say, sounds like your setup is indeed correct, Very strange!

Edit: Perhaps you could increase the ATV's for the servos to get more throw, although I guess not much different to adjusting the mix?!
[B][COLOR="Blue"]

Last edited by psilo; 01-07-2009 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: Another thought!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

maybe a dumb question but is the travel limit ( I have a futaba so I don't know how it is called on the DX6) at 100%

Yep too late again
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great minds Erwin!
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 01-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am in hole two of my servos, which are of HS65MGs on an EXI, but it must be somewhat similar.

I get +-10 with this setup and the pit is only at 55, so I agree that I think something must be wrong somewhere.

Maybe some photos would help us. Are you able to post some?
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have SG90 arms on my EXI, and I'm on the second hole from the end of the arm for 13 mm... The third hole gives me just over 9 mm. I don't see any of the other arm styles getting close to 13 on the third hole either. Did you measure center to center?

If the ball is 4 mm shy of 13 mm, there's nothing strange about those swash settings. Even at 13 mm, I can get up to 105% pitch, 85% elevator and 75% aileron with no binding.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine are in the second hole's too

-Jonny
Old 01-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
GCK
Registered Users

There are no dual rates set that I’m aware of. Started with a new model set and did not copy anything over. The travel adjusts for all the channels are at 100%. I did think about increasing those but came to the same conclusion that it would be the same thing only different.

I use the SG90’s on my Belt CP as well and all of the swash mix settings I have are at 65%. Completely different setup though.

When I say my ball links are in the third hole that’s the third hole from center not the end. Seemed to me I had trimmed off one hole on the end of the servo arm so I would be in the second hole from the end. And everything seems to be spot on other then the swash mix settings are so high. Since this is my first complete helicopter build I thought I would ask just incase I missed something. If not like I say the only thing I can think is the SG90 does not have as much throw as some other servos for the same swash mix setting.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCK View Post
When I say my ball links are in the third hole that’s the third hole from center not the end.
That's what I figured, but on the arms I'm looking at the second from the end is the fifth from center... Anyway, your swash mix settings don't sound too strange for SG90s, so if you get straight throws and the pitch range you need, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree Mika, I guess if the setup is sweet and it works, then it works. The reason I thought there must be something going on is that I have never had to go over 65 on pit, and have always aimed for +-10, whether it was with SG90s on the Belt, with or without DTS mod, or with the HS65s on the EXI, with the links at normal type distances out.

I suppose, as I think you were concluding anyway, and like Mika said, there is nothing to worry about.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
GCK
Registered Users

Thanks a bunch guys! I will check my servo arms again when I get home tonight just to make sure I have the 13mm from center to the ball link like I've been saying I do. If that's the case then I'll chalk it up to it being the servos and run with it.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
GCK
Registered Users

Well I rechecked my servo arms. I’m not completely crazy as I did place the ball link 13mm from center as I said. But it’s in the 5th hole from center not the 3rd as I was saying. So given that I’m all out of ideas other then to say these SG90’s don’t have the same throw as some of the other servo’s people are using on the swash.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, it's just the servos. If you're on the fifth hole, our setups are essentially identical. I just dialed your swash settings in my X9303 and I get very similar pitch, so it looks like you're good to go

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in