Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jekyll and Hyde 120SR

I've had my 120 flying great for over a week. Last night I ran 5 batts through it with no issues and no crashes. Today, I go to fly it and it is a demon possessed. It takes hard right aileron just to get it in the air and then it flies like it has a mind of its own. It rocks back and forth, front to rear, and barely responds to stick input. Tried rebinding and a fresh battery, and still it persists. Short of an exorcism, what could be the problem? This was my best flying bird until today.
Miami Son is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you feed it first?

Re-Bind it.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Did you feed it first?

Re-Bind it.

kona0915 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Son View Post
Tried rebinding and a fresh battery, and still it persists.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you checked the flybar? Make sure all the links are where they should be and secure. If that still doesn't work you could try changing the length of one side of the servo to swash links to get rid of the tendency.
krobinson103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by krobinson103 View Post
Have you checked the flybar? Make sure all the links are where they should be and secure. If that still doesn't work you could try changing the length of one side of the servo to swash links to get rid of the tendency.
yeah I was wondering about the links to. Do you have a stock TX that you could try it with to make sure there isn't a setting on your DX6i that got tweaked some how.
kona0915 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by krobinson103 View Post
+1

When mine acts up nearly always is a link-sometimes they come off even in flight. distant 2nd is a damaged flybar-even a bent or stretched ball on fly bar can cause issues, and distant 3rd is a servo acting up-usually from speck of foreign debris. I've had servo to swash links break, but never had em be an issue if not visibly damaged.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

This thing won't even fly with a link disconnected. I reset some things on the Tx and my swash level and blew out the servos with canned air and it is better, but nowhere near as good as it was a couple days ago. It is toilet-bowling pretty bad. I use to be able to hover this baby right in front of me with almost no stick movement. Now, to hold a hover I have to constantly be making big corrections in all directions just to stay within a 1-2 foot area. And it takes mostly right aileron to do that, very little left. Just don't understand why it would change literally overnight from a great flying heli to one that now is a real challenge to fly.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Son View Post
This thing won't even fly with a link disconnected. I reset some things on the Tx and my swash level and blew out the servos with canned air and it is better, but nowhere near as good as it was a couple days ago. It is toilet-bowling pretty bad. I use to be able to hover this baby right in front of me with almost no stick movement. Now, to hold a hover I have to constantly be making big corrections in all directions just to stay within a 1-2 foot area. And it takes mostly right aileron to do that, very little left. Just don't understand why it would change literally overnight from a great flying heli to one that now is a real challenge to fly.
Let's revisit the links again.
Check that their position is on the balls and that they did not pop past them and look connected but are really on the arms of the balls. Check ALL the links.

Make sure the swashplate is level with radio on. If it isn't first re-bind the radio with all trims centered. Then check it again. If it is not level when checking from the rear and the side, then remove a actuator arm from the servo to the swash plate and either screw it up or down to make your swash level. PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS THE LITTLE BALLS ON THE SWASH SNAP OFF EASILY!!!!!

Once the links are checked properly, and the swash is level with radio on and heli bound to TX, then apply a lubricant to all moving parts. I use a wet silicone spray. Others use a dry silicone powder that is applied by spray method also. Both work.
This will eliminate binding of the linkages.

Once these 3 things are done you should fly fine. Let us know after you do this. If the problem remains, try to get use some pics of everything so we can double check it for you.
Blade CX3/UMX Beast/HK J3cub/Champ
Mr.Firemouth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

May need to have it blessed by a priest?

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in