Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TREX 600E PRO DFC or Dominator

What are the differences between the 600E PRO DFC RH60E10X and the Dominator RH60E11X (no FBL controller)?

Is it worth the price difference? I know the dominator has upgraded servos. The motor and ESC appear to be the same.

I tried searching but did not come up with much info. I'm debating on getting another 500 or 600 after selling both 2 years ago.

Thanks
cadkins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well the price difference was from the new servos mainly. The BL 815/855 servos had an initial disaster of massive failure rates. Align has since put serial numbers on the servos and changed the internals so they are reliable. If you get the non serial number servos- just send them to Align for replacement.

Or ask your retailer to open the box up to check and send the servos in from their shop. ( Factory authorized dealers would probably only do this )

If you get the latest 600L kit... its well worth the money. The good servos are excellent at handling the 600 and the new colors and paint scheme make it look expensive and very pro. Assuming you get the serialized servos- yes they would blow away the DS615 servo performance.

So for 100 bucks or so more.. you'd get servos that cost 600 per set. They are very expensive and the serialized servos are very high performance. You also get an updated and blinged out model that looks incredible in sunlight.

The serial number is on the bottom of the servo... like B1511
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are correct, the only difference between the two is the servos (HV brushless on the Dominator) and a few cosmetic touches like a red swash and different paint.

The fact that the servos are HV means you can run them direct off a 2s LiPo which saves using the crappy regulator that you get with the Pro (or you could se a 2s LiFe battery)

The Dominator servos have many reported failures so it could be argued that you would be better off with the older Pro version. You could easily upgrade the servos to HV brushless if the cost difference were enough.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll just reiterate this "Massive" failure rate.

Outside this forum (which has about a half-dozen reports of failures since December 2014) I know of 5 other, so around 11 total.

Some people have been unlucky, and had replacement servos do the same thing. But if a bad batch is out there, it's likely that replacements would be from that batch too if not much time has passed.

If you buy from a good dealer, you'll be looked after.

Buy your kit, and if your servos don't have batch numbers on them when they arrive, insist that they're changed for ones that do. It's no skin off the retailer's nose. They'll get them changed out by Align themselves.

The BL815s are great servos. They just have a bad rep recently.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you. In leaning towards the 600E Pro since it's cheaper. I really don't care about the HV servos.

Do you know of any issues with the Pro combo??
Old 05-29-2015, 06:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the auto gear and front tt gears from the 600n, and the mod kit from KDE to speed up the tail. Prevents blowout.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobieg View Post
Get the auto gear and front tt gears from the 600n, and the mod kit from KDE to speed up the tail. Prevents blowout.
That's no different to the Dominator, the Dominator is the same heli except for the servos.

Both the Pro and the Dominator are setup for high headspeed flying. if you fly lower headspeed the tail can blow-out if you fly hard.

As for issues.. The linear BEC that comes with the combo is rubbish. Either buy a decent quality BEC or use a 2s LiFe battery (about 2200mAh is fine) direct and unregulated. This is one issue that is resolved with the Dominator because it's HV so doesnt come with a BEC at all.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the feedback. I have been reading through the threads on the tail blowout. It appears some are using 105mm blades but that also risks a blade strike.

I plane to use a Life A123 pack for power to an AR7300BX. No switch or BEC to fail [emoji106][emoji106]
Old 05-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadkins View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I have been reading through the threads on the tail blowout. It appears some are using 105mm blades but that also risks a blade strike.

I plane to use a Life A123 pack for power to an AR7300BX. No switch or BEC to fail [emoji106][emoji106]
Don't know what head speed you are planning on running, I run 2200 on both of my pro dfc. One I did the 105 mm tail blades, the other I did the gear mod. The longer tail blades will most likely strike the ground. The gear mod. you can adjust the gear mesh on the front tt gears and it didn't cost that much to do. I will probably do the gear mod on the other as well.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

105mm blades aren't safe, they can hit the main blades unless you do a 'stretch' of the tail boom.

People get many flight and think they are ok but there are also plenty of cases where 105mm blades have caused a blade strike, so basically running those blades you are playing Russian roulette.

You can see the issue for yourself simply by rotating the head until the blades are at their closest position, there is about 3-5mm overlap.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
105mm blades aren't safe, they can hit the main blades unless you do a 'stretch' of the tail boom.

People get many flight and think they are ok but there are also plenty of cases where 105mm blades have caused a blade strike, so basically running those blades you are playing Russian roulette.

You can see the issue for yourself simply by rotating the head until the blades are at their closest position, there is about 3-5mm overlap.
That is why the gear mod was the cure for tail blowout for me. Besides, a friend of mine has the dominator and a servo went bad during set-up. Align replaced all cyclics but who knows? He replaced them with Savox. He also did the gear mod, should not have any worries.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi cobieg, can you let me know where i can get more info on gear mod. i know ive read a post on this in the pro section, but is this the same mod
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The gear mod on the Dominator is the same as the Pro... As noted previously, except for the servos they are the same heli.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in