Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Motor temp readings

Just flew 2 batteries thru. Checked temps with my Infared temp gun, was suprised at the temps... Heres what I got..... Main motor 77 degrees at top side (blade end) and 81 degrees at bottom side( gear end). The tail motor was 78 degrees all over it. The ambient temp was 68 degrees. The batteries themselvs were 93 degrees after each run. I actually got almost 7 min's outta one and 5 min's outta the other battery. Theve been ran thru 12 times, or 6 runs apiece. Stock batteries. I had thought the motor temps wouldve been warmer, this is why i say I was suprised. Sound about right?
Also on another note, what have you all been doing with the tail fin ( I know i probably didnt call it the right name, still a noob!!) to keep it from hitting the tail rotor? It dosent happen all the time, but a few times, Ive had to land and push it back away from the rotor. Glue it maybe??
One more thing... several of you had commented on my first thread I posted, saying after several flights the bird would calm down a bit and some of the TBE would calm down.... Well it has! Plus Im getting a bit more used to her. 12 flights in so far... gotta long way to go, but enjoying the heck out of the trip!!!! Thanks!
waysmt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm away from home so I cannot look, but as I recall there is a little nob on the tail fin that snaps into a hole on the tail motor holder and locks it into position. I was like "doh" first time i found it.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ha! Ha! yep, me too after I just went and looked! "DOH"!!!! After a little spill the other day, it snapped off and I jut clicked it back on.. wondering " why that thing is doing that"!! Thanks man!!
waysmt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put a little dab of shoe goo on there to keep it from falling off...
Chris.S. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in