Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
TT
Registered Users

The Low

Ry

Duh...

I can't help but think of that song. Anyway, I was curious so I took some time out of the normal build sequence so I could take a look. Granted, I've got F3C gear on the front and regular gear on the rear to help with clearance for the 120mm blades I'll be swinging in the back...but wow...it looks slammed to the ground. I like it! Some little fuzzy dice and I'll be SET!

The more I build, the more I like this frame set. Everything is sooooo easy to access and it is just 'simple'. I dig it. I'm sure the weight savings will be huge. The frame itself is quite small compared to a stock frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-30 006sm.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	243337  
TT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sucker almost looks anorexic
Old 07-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kind of reminds me of this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daschund2-web.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	243366  
Kontronik Drives
Justin Stuart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm kinda hoping it looks better from a different angle. Looks like the canopy is too big for it in that pic. I was just looking at my Furion 6 and I bet the Canopy from that would look cool on this frame.
Mr Nice Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think Dan might have got together with Gerry..

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=257576
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=10

chuck
Chuck Bole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, it's going to need a different canopy than the stock Trex canopy, but the frame layout is very good.
Kontronik Drives
Justin Stuart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
TT
Registered Users

I'm waiting for a couple of parts from QUK but I'll post pics of the 95% complete heli very soon...I'm not at my house now...
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you can post some pics with a canopy from different angles It'd be much appreciated. I'm still waiting on a few parts for mine before I can start.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you want a 600 size frame swinging 693's just get a L600SE. Essentially thats all this is

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Stuart View Post
reminds me of this:
yeee.... if a girl's legs grows from the ears, it does not mean anything
QYT001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

QYT001, your comment reminds me of my daughters drawings

And Cmar143, I had mentioned to F22 basically the same thing...there seems to be an evolution to this style and method regarding a few of the high end birds that we are waiting to see in the next few months; Both the SAB Goblin, and the Logo 800 (Xxtreme) look very similar...DTS, lower profile, larger disk <edit> and the herronbone main gear. Similarities that this frame-set seems to incorporate.

There was a comment earlier in the thread that there was a concern about the frame's lack of reinforcement, or general concern to that end. I agree...but I think it wouldn't be too tough to make/add some RF components, much like the logo600 (which superstructure is beutiful, I might add).
Seriously considering buying the frame just to fiddle with it myself!
Fatroll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #52 (permalink)
TT
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmar143 View Post
If you want a 600 size frame swinging 693's just get a L600SE. Essentially thats all this is
Nope. A 600 swinging 690s is still a 600 with 600 head, 10mm main shaft, 600 gears, etc. Strippin' like crazy. This is a compact 700. The smaller frame size (using 100% REAL 2mm thick Carbon Fiber plate) is extremely rigid.

I'm going with a Xera 4035 2.5Y after I test it with a 700mx motor...but I think that the stock motor will be ballistic due to the super light weight (about 9.5 lbs RTF). HobbyWing 120HV ESC / VBar gov.

If the appearance bothers you, the performance will more than compensate...I'm sure. The only thing that's bugging me about the canopy is the amount of area below the skids...this might act as an air scoop when doing fast hurricanes. Maybe I'll block this area off with some fiberglass. I'm using QUK magnetic canopy mounts.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

TT, I think the extra area is very likely to act as a sail given the right wind direction...and possibly even the air foil itself. Have you or the other guys ever cut and formed a canopy (I guess using Fiberglass or a plastic welder as a mend? Both seem viable for the application.) in the same way that custom gas tanks on motor cycles are done? I think it could be done with quite a bit of taste in fact.
Fatroll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT View Post
Nope. A 600 swinging 690s is still a 600 with 600 head, 10mm main shaft, 600 gears, etc. Strippin' like crazy. This is a compact 700. The smaller frame size (using 100% REAL 2mm thick Carbon Fiber plate) is extremely rigid.

I'm going with a Xera 4035 2.5Y after I test it with a 700mx motor...but I think that the stock motor will be ballistic due to the super light weight (about 9.5 lbs RTF). HobbyWing 120HV ESC / VBar gov.

If the appearance bothers you, the performance will more than compensate...I'm sure. The only thing that's bugging me about the canopy is the amount of area below the skids...this might act as an air scoop when doing fast hurricanes. Maybe I'll block this area off with some fiberglass. I'm using QUK magnetic canopy mounts.
With 700 class comes size...thats what im saying. Thats just as much what makes the class as the blades it swings. You could get a 600, extend the boom, run 12S with 713's and it still wouldnt be a 700 but close to the size of what this frame set looks like. It just kind of defeats the purpose of getting a 'big" heli to make it smaller. Just my opinion and not to offend

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #55 (permalink)
TT
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmar143 View Post
With 700 class comes size...thats what im saying. Thats just as much what makes the class as the blades it swings. You could get a 600, extend the boom, run 12S with 713's and it still wouldnt be a 700 but close to the size of what this frame set looks like. It just kind of defeats the purpose of getting a 'big" heli to make it smaller. Just my opinion and not to offend
The intent of the design was not to make a smaller heli, the smaller size frame is a by-product of good engineering. When you eliminate the aileron and elevator linkage some components can be moved around to make a more compact (thus rigid) frame. The overall airframe dimensions are the same as a 'stock' 700E except the landing gear is higher up on the frame since there is no need for a battery compartment, and positioned slightly further rearward. It uses all stock TRex 700E parts, just a whole helluva lot LESS of them.

Look at the latest, soon-to-be-released designs (Logo Xxtreme, Gaui X7, etc.) and you'll see many similarities to this design...but actually I like this design better. I initally chose to go with this design instead of waiting for the X7 (hopefully Gaui has taken care of its QC issues)...and my pockets aren't deep enough for two Xxtremes. I can get 700E parts anywhere, any time. No extra battery trays to buy, battery swaps are as easy as a 450pro.

The component layout on this frame is excellent resulting in very simplified wiring and easy access. I could probably build two of these in the time it took me to build my Gaui X5 FES.

I'm sure that this is going to be my favorite heli thus far. The power to weight ratio is going to be incredible. Hang time should be great due to the lighter disc loading. My ultimate goal is to get 6 minutes of unboggable power swinging 690mm blades...I think I can get very very close to that goal with the right motor. I've got a Xera 4035 2.5Y on the way but I'm thinking it will be TOO MUCH MOTOR (there...I said it!). Flying a stoopid-powerful heli for 4 minutes is fun no doubt, but I like to fly longer. The lighter weight of this heli and more sensible power combination keeps the amp draw low and everything (airframe, bearings, packs, servos) will last longer with less maintenance.

My Quick UK order hasn't been delivered yet but I'm going to take this up to IRCHA and try to get the rest of the parts there to finish and fly it.

I might end up cutting the bottom of the canopy behind the air hole completely off. I don't see where this would hurt anything.

SEE YOU AT IRCHA!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I finally have it most of the way together. I just need to do a few minor things before she's ready to fly. One thing is I was looking for the lengths of the servo to swash links. I can get them short enough if the servo horns are supposed to be parallel to the servos but the instruction sheet shows them being parallel to the frame. They are too long for that though as the pitch would be way off. (I am using the short FBL shaft) Is it OK for them to be parallel to the servos? I think it'll be fine but would like some reassurance.

With it all together I'm actually really liking the way it looks. I thought I was gonna hate it when I saw the posted pic with the canopy on but when I got mine together I was really surprised how cool it looks. I don't think the canopy looks too big like I thought it would(maybe only a tiny bit big) and the whole low profile thing reminds me of the expensive Shapes and TDRs. This thing is also extremely light. I'm having a hard time with my scale but I think it's something around 1 lb lighter than my 700 E conversion with all the same batts and electronics. My 700 conversion was a beast but this things gonna be a monster Here's a pic for you guys:

Old 08-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

If anyone could tell me what lengths the linkages for the servos to the swash are supposed to be I'd really appreciate it. Also are the servo horns are supposed to be 90 degrees to the servo or 90 degrees to the main shaft? I'm having some issues getting this set up without this information. Thanks guys.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

nevermind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in