Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > NextD - Rave 450 and 90

NextD - Rave 450 and 90 CJY Rave 450 and 90 Helicopter Kit - ND-YR-K001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 04:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_b View Post
I agree that CYE seems to have lost the focus with the helis and all the development is going on the Stingray, bit of a shame really as the ENV is a lovely heli.
I've also heard it's not Fast Lad that are messing around it's CYE. FL have had some parts on back order for over a year and there's no sign of them turning up.
Although I don't think FL are to blame for the lack of stock, they don't help by not telling you what's going on. I feel like they were misleading in holding back info to get the sale on the Rave 450, and that does leave a bad feeling on using them.

I've heard that CYE make helis in batches with the factory order going in for one model at a time, so for example they might order a batch of Ballistic 635's which means they stock up on spares and kits for just that heli. Then they at some point will order the ENV electric FB, which means they stock up on kits and spares for that only. Now that means the shared parts between models do come back into stock at that point, but then anything specific to another heli will stay out of stock until a run of that heli is produced. As the Stingray is the current shiny toy then maybe that is getting ordered over everything else, along with falling demand for the helis.

Since distributors will have to put in large orders, presumably maybe that means they only get the order when everything is in stock, which could take ages. Which then means stockists can't get stuff from distributors, and so never have stock of spares.

Of coarse you'd expect that CYE themselves always hold stock for themselves otherwise it'd be embarrassing to be out of stock just like everyone else. Which probably compounds the issue.

If all that is true then the entire issue likely revolves around the business model being used.

It's a circular problem. If people see parts going out of stock, they look at buying another brand. With no 'hype' there is nothing to keep people interested, so other brands look more attractive if Rave spare stocks look dodgy. So with that comes lack of demand for the kits, and so no production runs are done which means the spares dry out further, and so the spiral continues.

Take a look at the CYE website, twitter feed, facebook pages. Stingray, stingray, stingray, stingray, not a heli mention in so long you give up looking.
PeteStewardson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 05:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Whats going on with Rave helix?

Such a shame he hasnt released any new blades either
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 07:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope, but he has released new lipos for the Stingray
Old 07-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is Radix 125 tail blades.
Heliguy3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Whats going on with Rave helix?

Which seem to be aimed as an upgrade for the stingray
Old 07-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the Raves also. We should help to support them instead of being negative. The man himself said he will support them in Europe and send them email if there is any parts you cannot find. In the mean time I will enjoy flying them and the Stingray as well.
Heliguy3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliguy3D View Post
I love the Raves also. We should help to support them instead of being negative. The man himself said he will support them in Europe and send them email if there is any parts you cannot fine. In the mean time I will enjoy flying them and the Stingray as well.

+1- I agree totally. Kept flying them they are great machines.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

These guys seem to be totally just having fun flying.

http://m.rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t738914p1/
Old 07-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't get me wrong, my Ballistic is awesome and loads of fun to fly. Its just such a shame CYE just seem to be ignoring the heli line in favour of the Stingray.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteStewardson View Post
Don't get me wrong, my Ballistic is awesome and loads of fun to fly. Its just such a shame CYE just seem to be ignoring the heli line in favour of the Stingray.
Huge +1 to that. The Stingray is really cool, but they are riding the "New Product" wave. Not that I blame them, but I really hope they keep the attention up for the whole Rave line.

YS Powered Rave ENV Stretch Protos 500, Stretch Mini Protos, 180 Trio
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1. I agree hopefully they will keep the whole line of Rave Helicopters going on for years. It is a great RC Helicopter line. Maybe they need to hype it up a bit ? Advertise, upgrades, updates, something to keep them in the limelight.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliguy3D View Post
I love the Raves also. We should help to support them instead of being negative. The man himself said he will support them in Europe and send them email if there is any parts you cannot find. In the mean time I will enjoy flying them and the Stingray as well.
Heliguy got it right. I called CYH to hear it from them. Nothing will change in the USA as far as support for the heli kits and spare parts. There are a lot of resources going into the stingray, it's a new product, people are buying and crashing and buying and lets face it, it is a unique quad and I know a lot of folks are having a good time with it. The RAVE heli products are alive and well and standing on their own. But it is up to the distributors, UK also, on what parts they stock and which products they support. The UK guys must not be crashing enough but I wish you success in finding UK suppliers so you continue enjoying the RAVE heli's.

Synergy E6/7 Torque Tube, Logo 690SX, Rave 635, Protos Max V2
Jeffwrecks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for clearing that up. I love the Rave and want to continue flying it. I mean why change and buy all this new stuff when you have the best !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in