Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #41 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Will you be eventually offering an esc with the needed mods done? I may wait till then if you are to convert the tail. I have a lot of trouble with the tiny solder points needed.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Microheli Frame on BL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
Will you be eventually offering an esc with the needed mods done? I may wait till then if you are to convert the tail. I have a lot of trouble with the tiny solder points needed.
Yes, once I stock up on the resistors needed for the mod I will add Fast Tail as an option at a slightly higher price than regular flashing. The BL is much better with a blheli tail!

Stacking the resistors is not too hard with good tweezers and a steady hand, much easier than replacing fets, or replacing the signal resistors on mcpx boards.

Sent from tapatalk
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

'Subbed.

A truely wicked awesome thread here guys! Way to mod this beast out and hot rod the main board! I'm looking forward to more innovative endeavors!
dragnse7en is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
And BTW, XP-7A Fast 9.4 Tail ~ HP03T 4000Kv ~ RRC 65mm prop = Perfect 2S tail No wag, passes the acid test, feels just like a V1 1S 9000KV XP-3A combo.

What does your main board weigh with the XP-3A and regulator attached?
Dont know, but it is certainly heavier ... and more complicated and costly to set up.
My BL weighs 64.8 grams with stock battery, MH frame and swash, your tail boom support and tail boom clamp for RKH, Lynx blades.
I do not have the heart to pursue this route, because I had heard of problems with this setup and because I feared that the "light" damped mode was not as good as the "full".

Quote:
Of course

Heres a short video of the testing on a half charged Lectron 300 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RDxehIFlFs I need a better video camera....
Awesome! It seems to behave exactly the same as mine

Quote:
The tail will never be that locked with the stock tail ESC on the board. You NEED to run a BLheli flashed ESC to have a good brushless tail on a micro.

And the stock tail ESC will not run the HP03T.
These are words that Blade Helis engineers should listen to
liftbag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My BL is 64.3 grams RTF with stock battery.

Running full damping A lot changed in the past few versions as far as the XP-7A Fast is concerned. So far so good, no shutdowns or failed starts, its actually getting kind of fun to fly as long as you dont do any traveling or continuous flips.

Tested the max amp draw on a 60% charged pack at 110% pitch~ right around 4 amps. I think the XP-7A might be able to handle the HP06V2 8200KV.. Want to get more flights on it with a good tail and stock motor before trying the HP06V2 though. Too many projects, too many orders, not enough time!

Video was with the stock, very thin tail motor wires running to the ESC, I swapped them for 26 gauge just to see if there's a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftbag View Post
Dont know, but it is certainly heavier ... and more complicated and costly to set up.
My BL weighs 64.8 grams with stock battery, MH frame and swash, your tail boom support and tail boom clamp for RKH, Lynx blades.
I do not have the heart to pursue this route, because I had heard of problems with this setup and because I feared that the "light" damped mode was not as good as the "full".

Awesome! It seems to behave exactly the same as mine

These are words that Blade Helis engineers should listen to
Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow! That tail action is a lot faster than what I'm used to! Great job Dylan - looking forward to more of your madness!

I used to design electronics in the late 1990s, and specialized in hybrid thick-flim devices. That bored me after a bit, so I went into mechanical design and engineering. I still have copies of all the 3D CAD software they gave me over the years, and I still use some of it once in a while.

I have been thinking of designing canopies for our um birds, and have a line of both pre-painted and clear kits, but I don't know where to start to get that stuff made A simple vacuum-form machine would do the trick. I'll take a look on craigslist this weekend and see if there are any out there.

@ Dylan - Do you know of any low cost one-off RP shops?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
My BL is 64.3 grams RTF with stock battery.
My apologies.
The real weight with stock battery is 65.5 grams. 64.8 grams with a lighter 200 mAh alternative battery
Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's actually not too bad, 4 or 5 grams. I can airlift my Walking Dead Daryl Dixon figure and still have some power, using the OEM e-flite pack, and it's a heavy action figure.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #49 (permalink)

This bird can sure take a crash for sure. I got a close look at my heli getting it ready for the weekend last night. I put it into the ground so frickin hard last weekend that I was sure there would be more damage. I managed to hit TH a second before impact. The sound gave me goose bumps. All I busted were both AD aft mount brackets (glad I just ordered more) and the aft pin on the skids. I'm excited about this heli!!!
C-lyde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone figure out any lighter , more power main motor options for the stock esc yet?
stormfan69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any update Dylan on the upgraded tail with esc combo?
Old 03-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Solid

It's a nice platform. My only pet peeve is with the tail boom fitting. A sideswipe by the vertical vin is enough to rotate the boom in the clamp no matter how hard I torque down the screw. I wonder if the Asteroid Designs skids are compatible.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #53 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfan69 View Post
Anyone figure out any lighter , more power main motor options for the stock esc yet?
+1 and Bump
Anyone?
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
+1 and Bump
Anyone?
Sorry, I'm using a "heavier" but much more powerful motor.
I think any 2/4 poles inrunner motor is good for the stock esc, but none of the 6 poles outrunner motors usually used is suitable for the stock esc.

So you can use one of the many 12mm inrunner motors, such as Neumotor, Hacker, Medusa Afterburner, Feigao, Hyperion.
But you have to adapt the frame with 1mm spacers to allow to use those 12mm motors.

I must say that despite the increase in power, you feel the extra weight, and I almost regret the stock motor.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #55 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hmm... I forget what's the stock main motor diameter?
Old 07-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #56 (permalink)

My HF Map location

So, what about a mCP X BL stretch using cut down 130X blades? Lower disc loading... hmm...
Old 11-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello. This subject interresse me. I am sad with the translation. I am French.
My mcpx has no more the tail or it works 10 dry then it does not work any more.
Rise a XP3A would be the solution?
How I verify if I have the signal?

Thank you very much.
vincentimes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in