Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mcpx brushless for first cp?

I have been on the fence about what blade micro cp I would have the best success with. I fly the msrx, msr and use the phoenix sim. Have been flying both nano and mcpx on the sim. Would a mild setup on my dx6 tame the mcpx brushless version, or should I be thinking of the mcpx v1 or v2 set for a tame setting?. Had considered the nano. From all I have read, the nano is very 'twitcy' and overly erratic compared to the mcpx. Look forward to advise and any suggestions for tame setups.
brooksen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2015, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup. Nanos are twitchier than mcpxs.

I have only the 1S Blades, no mcpx bl. I have three dbl bl nanos , 2 mcpxs with Black Dragon motors & HP-03 tails and 2 more mcpxs that have MH frames & HP06 with HP03tail. Thtree of my mcpxs have V1 boards right now. One of the Black Dragons is using a V2 board and it is fine. I saw a whole V1 mcpx go for $50 earlier this week.

My HP06s dialed down on power are the easiest to fly. I have read that some people have installed these into stock Blade frames albeit with Dylan's Carbon Fiber parts.Dylan recommended that I use MH frames for so much power. The Black Dragons are good, too, and use plastic Blade frames (with Dylan's CF) .

But why not get the HP06? Dial it down with the Blheli governor and your DR/Expo settings. When you have enough confidence to operate the HP06 at 80%, which is Osterizer Blender fast you will be ready for most anything.

I think I flew mine at about 65% throttle today in the wind. It was smooth.
BTW
My HP06 and black Dragon motors are 3 years old and going strong. I
am glad I didn't stay with brushed motors.

Last edited by daveapplemotors; 03-20-2015 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: forgot something
daveapplemotors is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

Let me post here, i'm also new to brushless
I have converted my mcpx v2 recently
main hp05s with xp7a esc
tial hp03 with xp3a esc

I found out main motor and esc getting hot, canopy getting hot as well but tail motor is cool.
I just hover at mid stick 50%.
Could anybody tell, it is normal or malfunction?

Thanks
ht.hitech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht.hitech View Post
Hi

Let me post here, i'm also new to brushless
I have converted my mcpx v2 recently
main hp05s with xp7a esc
tial hp03 with xp3a esc

I found out main motor and esc getting hot, canopy getting hot as well but tail motor is cool.
I just hover at mid stick 50%.
Could anybody tell, it is normal or malfunction?

Thanks
If you have blheli on your HP05's ESC you can adjust timing and possibly throttle/governor settings.
And it could be malfunction. My HP06s come down cool and batteries warm , maybe, but not hot.

Last edited by daveapplemotors; 03-27-2015 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: more info
daveapplemotors is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2015, 02:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

@daveapplemotors

Thank you.

I will try re flash ESC and re configure.
ht.hitech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksen View Post
I have been on the fence about what blade micro cp I would have the best success with. I fly the msrx, msr and use the phoenix sim. Have been flying both nano and mcpx on the sim. Would a mild setup on my dx6 tame the mcpx brushless version, or should I be thinking of the mcpx v1 or v2 set for a tame setting?. Had considered the nano. From all I have read, the nano is very 'twitcy' and overly erratic compared to the mcpx. Look forward to advise and any suggestions for tame setups.
Best mild setup IMHO (with a little bit more power than stock) is the C05 11000kV motor with a 7 or 10 A esc. You can still use the stock tail or upgrade to a 7mm tail motor. Even runs on the stock size batts.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksen View Post
The mVPX (V1 or V2) will certainly be a tame setting companion...much easier to tame than the mCPX BL

In stock form, the V1 or V2 is very easy to learn to fly, and there are many ways to get a mild setup once you have the mechanicals properly adjusted

The mCPX BL is a whole 'nuther story...easily capable of ripping holes in the sky, it will fly in a tame mode at 50% D/R with your favorite Expo and some dial-down of the pitch servo travel...but it can easily get out of hand, so you should have some wide-open space to fly it
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 01:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bough a BL after going a hiatus for a couple years, got it on sale for 150 and could not have been happier. I had a V2 before could hover it then the main board gave out I switched apartments and stopped with RC all together for a little(2.5yrs). Now with the BL I can do a little forward flight, hover nose in (couldn't do this for crap with the v2) and piros. Maybe it's me but while the BL is powerful I don't think it's THAT powerful. i can't do any 3d yet so I really am not aware of all its capabilities yet but do I think it's too powerful as a first cp heli ? I would say the opposite and have personally loved it as my first real cp, much more then the v2. Either way, good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in