Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mcpx issues

i have a Mcpx V2 with a steve converter and a Hp05 motor,,the problem is that when i spool it up i get about 30 seconds of flight then it spools down like the battery is running out of juice...then i spool it back up and i fly it around for 2 minutes or so.im using 550 mah batterys and they all do the same thing....the head speed isnt where it should be on idle up but you can hear the difference when i kick it in,,and i can't give it any hard input on the collective or the motor will slow down,,i have the converter soldered to the board along with the tail wires and the main motor wire...i know i have at least 300 to 400 flights on this heli and i always oiled the motor bearings and the heli bearings..to me it sounds like the converter,,but i don't know,,,has anyone had this issue
elmobster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2015, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mcpx troubles

How old are the batteries?

I can run a healthy Hyperion 4 minutes with my HP06/HP03 60 gram machines. Batteries cost $6 and ESCs (w no need for Steve) cost about $9.

I would say that if you are sure of the battery then get an ESC and maybe spend a little extra to get it flashed or have a flash plug installed. I can't solder quite that small myself so I ask a pro* to put flash plugs on so that I can change things with my toolstick.

*Pro -- 2 very good ones: Dylan at Astroid Designs or Rudy at Megasmicros

Last edited by daveapplemotors; 07-15-2015 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: spelling
daveapplemotors is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2015, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

im not really sure how to do the settings with a toolstick...and not sure what having it flashed even means,,,i just bought the steve converter ,,plugged it in and flew the tar out of it,,,and to me it flew great!!!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mcpx troubles

Steves served their purpose. But since Blheli you probably can't find a Steve.

Flash tools communicate with the ESC to change parameters: direction of rotation, startup power and speed, governor, etc.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It sounds like you may have a weak battery as dave mentioned...or a motor drawing excessive amperage at startup...

Give Rudy or Dylan a shot at it
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2015, 06:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveapplemotors View Post
I can't solder quite that small myself so I ask a pro* to put flash plugs on so that I can change things with my toolstick.
Just curious, Dave...what settings to you change (if any) from the basic setup that BLHeli defaults to? How do you decide if it needs a different setting?

I have used it, but don't have a "glossary" of the settings change functions
Old 07-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stuff to flash:
Half the time I change direction.
Main motors I like slow starts, no lost aircraft beacon, I like to fool with timing some, Gov Arm mode*, etc.
Tail motors get maximum response, no beacon, but they don't get changed much.

You don't need a menu. just download it and check it out.

Now that the Blheli suite supports Atmel chips I am going to get another plug to flash my 2nd HK250's ESC. My other 250 has Blheli on an 18 Amp ESC.

*Gov Arm Mode is cool. It flies at whatever speed you select when you arm. For instance I can fly my HP06 at 80% or 50% or anywhere in between. Even a nano which I usually fly at 90% is fun with lower rpm.

Gov arm mode is unique because you can run a throttle curve in your TX that acts as revo mix. 100, 65,30,65,100 is a sample "deep" curve. 30 is as deep as you can go otherwise the motor shuts off. The main motor hums long at a governed ??% (Blheli) the whole time while the tail motor thinks (Blade 3-in1) the main motor is accelerating strongly through pitch changes.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^ +1
Old 07-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

well...i purchased 4 new 550mah hyperions batteries...and i put another HP05 motor in it,, yes the batteries were the issue,,,this thing rockets across the sky again,,,i have been charging the other batteries at 1 amp...i thought they could handle it,,i guess not..be cause they weren't old batteries at all..
Old 07-28-2015, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The lifetime of a battery is directly affected by 2 things...

1) Charge Rate - charging at the lowest rate you can live with will give the battery the longest lifetime...even though most batteries will handle 2C just fine, charging slower will make them last longer

2) Never..ever...fly to LVC...use the timer and land before LVC

Even just one time will age most 1S batteries from infancy to senior citizen

1C charge rate for a 300mAh battery is .3 amps...add the mAh capacity together if you charge in parallel and set the amp rate accordingly
Old 07-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

their website says the HYPERION 550mah ... The fact that they can be safely charged at up to 5C rates - for charge times as low as 10 to 12 minutes...hmm..im pretty sure thats what killed them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in