Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can't get full Rudder movement

My heli spins to left at spool up. I have read the other posts about this and have gone through the steps of the 7200bx a few times and I changed the tail sensor direction to the "Normal" position. Everything seems correct but after binding and in normal flight mode my rudder fins barely move enough to clearly determine if they are moving in the correct direction when I move the heli nose to the left per the manual. I've repeated the steps E & F on the 7200bx and in those steps I am getting complete movement of the rudder from one side to the other. I verify the correct direction on movement in step F and all is well. However once I bind it and am in the normal operation mode the rudder barely moves enough to verify correct direction of movement. I have verified that the servo is good. Any thoughts on what I am missing?
tulebender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you're in rate mode.
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

How much tail gain do you have set in your radio? A lack of gain can cause this. Take a look at the 7200 right after it initializes... One of the orange led's will remain lit, the letter next to it indicates how much gain the 7200 is seeing from the radio.

Also, the other led should be blue - indicating Heading Hold mode; purple would indicate Rate mode.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. The orange light that stays on for 10 seconds before it goes to normal operation is on letter "A" and once it goes out then only the blue is lit. I checked the Headlock gain in Parameter "D" and it indicates "Medium" gain. The monitor window on my transmitter (DX9) indicates the full +/-100% output from the Rudder servo and my dual rate is set to 100%. I also disconnected the rudder servo cable from the 7200bx and verified that it is fully functional. I don't know what to check next.??

Last edited by tulebender; 04-22-2015 at 02:59 AM..
Old 04-22-2015, 04:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Double-check the orange led after initialization... If it's truly "A", then you don't have any gain dialed in, and need to do so in your radio. Although valid checks that you've done, this is a separate function from travels, etc; it should be in the "Gyro" menu, and assigned to a switch.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

You hit the nail on the head. I tried to change the channel setting in Gyro to Gear but it would only offer Aux 3 and 4. Then after looking at all the settings I noticed that in Flight Mode the selection was "Hold". I changed that to "Normal" and went back to the Gyro window and was able to select Gear instead of the Aux channels. I am clueless as to what the connection between Flight Mode and Gyro is but that's where the problem was. I rechecked the 7200bx settings and now instead of the A light being on for 10 seconds it had changed to the H light and all is well. Thanks Skidpad for your help. This was a good learning experience for me. These changes that needed to be changed might have been glitches when I used the converting tool to convert DX8 setup data to DX9.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in