Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters

Other Makes and Models Helicopters Other makes and model Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Doublehorse 9116 4 ch

I have a new DH 9116 4 ch and had a hard landing (crashed into bookcase inside house)

Since then, the tail rotor goes into almost full spin up at hit of throttle causing loss of control at rudder function. Normally, the tail rotor doesn't even spin up at all in low throttle unless right rudder is thrown in causing tail rotor to spin up. Now, it is in full action at neutral rudder and slows only slightly at left rudder and full (normal) spin at full right rudder.

Suggestions? Bad servo? Knocked way out of whack from crash? I always turn radio on first and then heli waiting for tx/rx to properly align w/each other.

HELP!
Bildnfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Double Horse 9116

I also have a Double Horse 9116 that I have been working with outside during the warmer weather. Quite a docile heli.

Sounds as though you may have damaged the motherboard or the tail motor itself.

When getting into trouble with them it is best to set them down & shut off the throttle.

You might also check out the following RC Groups Discussion - - there are about 100 pages plus about the Double Horse 9116:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...358424&page=98

Hope this my help you.

Jim
KsWhirly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Double Horse 9116

I apologize, I pulled the wrong location for the 9116. Here is the thread covering the 9116 - - there is a lot of activity on both the 9100 and the 9116:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...540154&page=63

Jim
KsWhirly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just did a feasibility study on if its possible to make a spare 9116 canopy from a pop bottle ,...It appears to be possible ,.....but it can be done alot better than what I came up with,....

Last edited by dogtoy; 06-06-2012 at 04:41 PM..
dogtoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I have this idea.

I love my DH 9116 even though I am flying CP helies, I still fall back on the 9116 for a quickie in the front yard.. its a lot of fun.

Heres my idea. I have enough parts to build a second heli.. BUT what about maiking it more maneuverable/agile by making it a little more programmable. I want to throw in my spektrum receiver to run the thing.

I have a e-flight ESC 2 in 1 from my SR. so I am figuring I can run that, and have it power my tail and main motors. my question is.. how would i set up the DX6I to control the elevator/aileron channels?? if I set it to CCPM wont it be setting it up for 3 servos? not two??

Should I maybe look up the setting for say a blade 120 sr and use those??

any input would be greatly appreciated..

heck if this works out i think it will ROCK. just gotta find the right settings and a brushless motor to fit it.. maybe the 130x motor?? and an n6 for the tail??
metalwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you ever find a solution to the tail rotor spin up?
RobG1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in