Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #1041 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help! Motor just shakes

I'm just getting everything set up and attempted my maiden voyage and ..... big let down. Upon attempting to spool up, the 4025-630 shakes for about 2 seconds and then stops. It acts as if one of the motor wires is not connected. I resoldered and changed the bullet connectors to no avail. I connected my old Align motor and us spools up and spins fine.

Is there something in my Castle link programming that I should look for? Bad motor? I dupicated the first castle set up on page one if this thread....
strokermtr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #1042 (permalink)
Registered Users

hows your gear mesh ? loosen the motor mounts and move it back from the main gear. Now try to run up your throttle..what happens
SkinWalk3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #1043 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceccleston View Post
Thanks.
I've removed the motor completely from the heli and attempted to spool it up on the table..:... same results. It shakes for a second or two and is then shut down, buy the ESC I think.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #1044 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokermtr View Post
I'm just getting everything set up and attempted my maiden voyage and ..... big let down. Upon attempting to spool up, the 4025-630 shakes for about 2 seconds and then stops. It acts as if one of the motor wires is not connected. I resoldered and changed the bullet connectors to no avail. I connected my old Align motor and us spools up and spins fine.

Is there something in my Castle link programming that I should look for? Bad motor? I dupicated the first castle set up on page one if this thread....
Since you have confirmed there is not an issue with the esc, it looks like you may have a faulty motor.

Recommend contacting your dealer for a replacement.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #1045 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree. I spoke to Lucia at Innovative rc. And he claims to have never had a bad Scorpion motor. He also schooled me on how to test the windings and connections of the motor. Everything checks out. I'm left to conclude that this is definitely a bad motor. It's just a bummer to go through the R M A process as helihobby is across The country from me = week long shipping. It will take 2 weeks. One week to return the motor and another week waiting for the new one to arrive. I wished I could find it closer. I'd purchase another motor and fly this weekend.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #1046 (permalink)
Registered Users

Co2m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #1047 (permalink)
Registered Users

spin the motor with your fingers, that does it some times, you may also have a bad solder joint somewhere
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #1048 (permalink)
Registered Users

how do I get these KBDD paddles on ? just twist them on till it bottoms how do I lock them down..super glue ?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #1049 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I'm late to this party... Align motor is not rated for 12s. Are you sure your packs are wired correctly for 12s? I know it sounds stupid... never hurts to check. One other thing you could try is reversing the spin of the motor in the CC software and see if that makes any difference. Motor may be seized up.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #1050 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
I'm late to this party... Align motor is not rated for 12s. Are you sure your packs are wired correctly for 12s? I know it sounds stupid... never hurts to check. One other thing you could try is reversing the spin of the motor in the CC software and see if that makes any difference. Motor may be seized up.

GOOD POINT !

hey is your ESC set up for 12s..just checking !
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #1051 (permalink)
Registered Users

The motor is definitely not seized as I can turn it by hand. When I tries the Align motor with my ESC I only used one battery 6s. The proposed idea of the ESC not being set for 12s is very possible as I have no idea whY you're referring to. Please explain how to set the ESC for 12s.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #1052 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. My packs are definitely wired in series.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #1053 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes. My packs are definitely wired in series.
Ok, cool, just checking! The ESC doesn't really have a "12s" setting. The only battery section I've found is under the governor settings in the Throttle tab. If you set up your battery info there, it will show up in the settings page when you print the settings from the menu. You can then go back to fixed endpoints and the battery settings are kept. I'm not sure that you need to fill this out if you're running on fixed endpoints.

If the motor isn't seized up and your ESC is good, and your packs are in series and outputting 50v or so freshly charged, then I dunno man, does sound like your motor may be toast. Anyone in your club fly the same motor? Might be a good test to see if it spools up fine with your ESC, just to rule out the ESC... as they're easier to source locally than the motor.

Good luck!
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #1054 (permalink)
Registered Users

my aileron rolls feel anaemic. I even have the KBdd paddles.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:33 AM   #1055 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Progress

After several calls to Inno8ative (Scorpion Motors) and Castle Creations, my problem has been tied down to the ESC. Their customer service is great. Castle shipped out an ESC to me immediately with return packaging for the bad ESC included. No expense to me at all! Gil at Castle went over all my ESC settings and thoroughly check my ESC over the phone.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #1056 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalk3r View Post
my aileron rolls feel anaemic. I even have the KBdd paddles.
How much aileron throw do you have (pitch wise?)
eRaptor Conversion, 12S, 4035-500, JR 8700g, 3xDS610s
meatbob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #1057 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbob View Post
How much aileron throw do you have (pitch wise?)
how do I measure it ..I do have a pitch gauge but dont know how to measure the aileron and elevator throw
Old 07-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #1058 (permalink)
Registered Users

btw - is 2350 rpm high for my stock Align ESP blades ? I coult only find the 14t in 6mm
Old 07-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #1059 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
how do I measure it ..I do have a pitch gauge but dont know how to measure the aileron and elevator throw
First line up the main blades in line with the tail boom, then make sure your flybar is 90 degrees to the main shaft. Next you need to be at center stick, then give left or right aliron and use you pitch gage to see how much throw you have( you should be about 6-8 degrees, some use as much as twelve). Then move the main blades 90 degrees to the tail boom so that your flybar is in line with the boom, then check the elevator throw. I hope this helps......

climbing-n-flying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #1060 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
btw - is 2350 rpm high for my stock Align ESP blades ? I coult only find the 14t in 6mm
If you are running 2350 RPM, even 4 degrees of cyclic pitch will spin the heli right around. What are you comparing the roll rate to? A Trex 450? The Trex 600 is larger and suffers from the very real inertia that makes it precise and manageable for me.

I'm running a Revco 13T 6mm pinion from ReadyHeli.
eRaptor Conversion, 12S, 4035-500, JR 8700g, 3xDS610s
meatbob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in