Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2016, 07:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New Align 150X Announcement

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3419543&type=3
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have Facebook so I can't see the link is there a picture of what it's going to look like?
3D Ambitions is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like we all can use our XK K6 radios from the K110/K120 if we don't want to add a sat as they are S-FHSS. They are also easily modded to 8 channels. It looks like it also might use the same battery as the K120.

New 200S and now 150X. Appears Align is staying in the micro market.

@3D Ambitions : You don't need a Facebook account to view it.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Looks like we all can use our XK K6 radios from the K110/K120 if we don't want to add a sat as they are S-FHSS. They are also easily modded to 8 channels. It looks like it also might use the same battery as the K120.

New 200S and now 150X. Appears Align is staying in the micro market.

@3D Ambitions : You don't need a Facebook account to view it.
Thanks! I don't see having to bind with a satellite that big a deal. I currently have my 150 binded with an orange satellite and it works great on my Devo .

This means us current 150 owners can just swap out boards. Right? Hopefully so, I'm stoked that it come with a bl heli esc. Seems you will be able to tweak the helis settings on the fly with the included blue tooth compatibility.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Ambitions View Post
I don't have Facebook so I can't see the link is there a picture of what it's going to look like?
You're probably clicking the link on a mobile device, and the FB mobile site offers no obvious way to avoid having to log on.

If you "request desktop site" from the device options (or equivalent), the full FB site does not demand logon in order to view that content.

To me, it looks visually identical to the original Trex150, which is a good thing since the stash of spares shouldn't go to waste
H2SO4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lost and found mode?

Wonder what the max distance is on this feature.

( Images of drone flyaways dancing in my head. )

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle. Robert Anthony.
Heliwhisperer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Cool Upgrade

FBL Controller
6 Axis GRS
Auto Level
Rescue
I will buy into this upgrade today.

Plug In Tail
Nice feature. I guess if I bust up the tail boom I would buy into a plug in tail but I have never lost a 150 tail

Stronger Frame
I have the stornger Align frame now but I found Frames are a low cost upgrade so I may buy into this upgrade.

All good but whats is great Align keeps the basic design so old stuff can be upgraded

Thank You Align!

Last edited by DPW; 09-02-2016 at 11:28 AM..
DPW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 11:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can not manage myself the Facebook mobile site. There is no “request full desktop site“ on my BB.

This mobile link works better:
https://m.facebook.com/Align-Corporation-194493419543/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...33&__tn__=%2As

On each story picture you can click: “In voller Groesse anzeigen“ to view the pic with sharpened text description in high res.

------

Spec with attitude and rescue and 8200kv motor with BLHeli looks to me more promising as Blade 230s/250cfx/200s and Eflite ESC/tail motor combo.
Even my Xtreme Spin is 8000kv vor V120d02s on 2s.
V120d02s 1s weight was max 99g.

The Align ESC and tail motors just have to work now, the rx board needs to take crashes well - done. Align - Blade win:loose.

A Blade 230s with ~339g weight is IMHO not really meant to be crashed.
More weight - better hover. True.
But hey, we learned to hover / fly even on a Blade NanoCPX at max 30g (which Brushed main motors did not hold too well).
My first locked-in funnel on the NanoCPX still gets me a smile on my face. Would not have that risked on a 450er first.

Best for a CP beginner is IMHO to keep below 100g, or even try to get by max <120-150g.

So the new 150X is the final answer of Align to Blade Mcpx BL (2s) and their newer Blade SAFE stuff.

Great - I already like it :-)
Congratulations to the Align engineers!

-------

How about the cyclic servos? MG / titanium upgrade?

Thomas
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2016, 12:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe a minor sidenote:

As this Align 150X receiver board is proprietary again (right?) I wonder when we finally might see a small PID tunable FBL unit like Spartan Vortex V1xp Nano (missing attitude, rescue), MSH uBrain (V2 new CPU, new rescue firmware) all with the additional option of tunable motor tail settings???

Why does every company need to re-engineer their stuff over and over again?
Just like reinventing the wheel?

Somehow I am not that convinced on that concept too much - e.g looking at Blade - of true proprietary stuff.

I can not go for the new Align receiver (dunno about dual ESC) for the Walkera V120d02s just because it is probably too proprietary to its dailed in motor tail and I could not adopt it to V120d02s tail pitch servo. Too bad.

------------------------------

The idea to control everything by bluetooth apps including the ESC is a nice feature.

I hope you Align don`t forget to support a PC app for those who are not on the Android/Iphone smartphone trip?
There are other handys like BB as well as :-)

Thomas
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Red face APP & Manual

Checking Google Play for Align 150X APP

So far Align Development Team has not provided

Align 150 GRS

I have not checked Apple APP store (not a big Iphone fan)

Also can not find a 150X manual

Will post when 150X APP and manual are available.

Last edited by DPW; 09-05-2016 at 08:17 PM..
Old 08-25-2016, 10:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Red face Bluetooth 4.2 USB adapter

Looking for a Bluetooth 4.2 USB adapter for my laptop.
Zip
Hopefully Align 150x Bluetooth 4.2 will be backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapters
Old 08-26-2016, 12:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipweed View Post
Looking for a Bluetooth 4.2 USB adapter for my laptop.
Zip
Hopefully Align 150x Bluetooth 4.2 will be backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapters
You'll be able to use your phone also just have to download the app.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow. Align is really on it lately. The 470L, 700X, and now this revamped 150 which looks to be incredible. I literally just emailed AlignTrexStore wondering what happened to the 150 and Voila. Here it is.

The 150 was always smack tacular (with a few weaknesses), but to see Align get the BL ESC, with a high tech 3 axis gyro, bluetooth, stronger frame, and easier to maintain tail motor. WoW.

So the governor programming comes default then? Anyone know?
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

It sounds like the 150x has some potential to be a fun micro. It hope align has been learning from blades mistakes with the mcpx line up and it looks like they have.

Bl heli esc's should give up a governor and a solid tail. Let's hope the new flight controller has piro comp and some tunability to go with it.

I would mention durability as well but I'm more concerned with how a heli flies rather than how it crashes.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah. I just read that it comes with the BL heli programming. I'm wondering what's in the flight parameter menu and how the tail motor plugs in. Like a 3 pin connector?

It's also great to see the firmware upgrade capability. This thing is awesome. All out helicopter performance in your driveway!

Last edited by RC/DC_5000; 08-26-2016 at 10:27 PM..
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 07:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchekas View Post
I wish these folks would realize that not everybody wants to have Facebook being the cop to direct the internet traffic. I refuse to have a Facebook account, so I might not be buying one of these Align 150's and stick with my current stable..

I just see the links in this forum. That is the way to go. Ok .. now I am watching your new Heli @@

Last edited by HarryR; 08-26-2016 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Additional info
HarryR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 08:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

This looks like something I will have to get.

I wish it came in kit form as I like assembleing but atleast the BNF should fly correct out of the box, should.

I already have the Align 6 transmitter from the 250 hopefully the instructions come with programming for it.

looking forward to this release.

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My original Trex 150 totally supplanted my Blade micros (Nano & MCPX BL). Over a thousand HARD flights later, with literally hundreds of crashes, I was simply in awe of the 150's engineering and robustness.

It was finally grounded by a broken MRS 3-in-1 unit. I bounced the heli off a tree trunk and into a pond, where it sat buzzing underwater for half a minute while I ran over to fish it out. Even that's not what killed the MRS. It had taken a swim twice before, and I already knew the drill: let it dry out for at least 24h and She'll Be Right. This time I got impatient, and attempted to fly the heli again after an hour or so. It turned out the foam pad underneath the MRS was still wet, and I watched as steam and the smoke genie left the premises together . Afterwards, I couldn't buy a new MRS unit anywhere, for love nor money.

I am absolutely chuffed by the announcement of the 150X, and I eagerly await the opportunity to click "Buy now"!
H2SO4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2016, 04:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Cool Plug in Tail Motor

150X Plug in Tail motor Nice design no more threading those wires and connectors thru the tail boom.

T-REX 150X DFC Super Combo RH15E04X $265

150X also went with a nylon tail motor mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pim.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	668815  

Last edited by DPW; 08-29-2016 at 05:57 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in