Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Just need some opinions

Trying to decide what to get next, as of right now I have a Blade 120 SR, want to step up to CP, but not sure what would be a good next step, I kinda want a bigger bird, maybe 450 size, but would a smaller bird like the MCPx be a better choice...I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! HELP!!
Sully16 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 120, bought a Mcpx 6 weeks ago, Mcpx is a great CP heli to learn on, and you can crash it and not break the bank. Its like flying a wild rocket compared to 120 but its a blast, I hardly fly the 120 anymore, You will need at least a DX6i for the Mcpx.
Master the Mcpx then move up to something bigger, or maybe the 130x that would be an option between the Mcpx and the 450. Just my 2 cents.
Revster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I definately do have a Dx6i, I opted for the BNF 120, just because I knew I wanted to continue on in this hobby. Thanks for the input. The next step after deciding what I want is to convince the wifey that I need it
Old 05-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been there done that, ask nicely and say Please.
Revster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I asked myself that exact question and here's what I came up with - The Blade 130X

I only fly indoors and although the places I fly in are quite large, a 450 would be way too big to do anything but hover. I thought the Blade 300X might be what I was looking for so I went to the Toledo show last month to look at the 300X and the 130X. The 130X is almost identical in size to the 120 SR, but collective pitch. As soon as I compared them in person, I knew the 130X had my name all over it!

You might want to give it a look!

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am looking forward to the 130 X also but the mcpx is excellent for learning and tough too, it is on the wild side but for me it made my step to the 450 much nicer and the mcpx is better outside than the 120 is. my guess is the mcpx will be more durable in the crash department than the 130 X but it might not be as wild ether. Good luck!
Darwin. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hello

I hope you will take the time to read my posts for new MCPX pilots!
Ron

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=407020
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you can master the 120sr in all orientations, then you wont have much of a prob with a 450 or possibly a 500.

Also, learn to fly at a distance ....

A large CP heli is easier than you think especially if you have mastered flying in all orientations. The only difference is the use of Throttle and pitch curves. But once they are set, its easy enough from there.

Just start with going through RADDS and the rest will follow.

nbells
Old 05-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Think ive decided what im gonna do, Im just gonna build a 450, that way I can learn while I build. And i think it will be fun
Old 05-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revster View Post
I have a 120, bought a Mcpx 6 weeks ago, Mcpx is a great CP heli to learn on, and you can crash it and not break the bank. Its like flying a wild rocket compared to 120 but its a blast, I hardly fly the 120 anymore, You will need at least a DX6i for the Mcpx.
Master the Mcpx then move up to something bigger, or maybe the 130x that would be an option between the Mcpx and the 450. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with all of this and strongly recommend starting cp with the mcpx. I would have wrote off a couple 450 size helis while learning cp, in crashes that my mcpx just laughed at. I can fly the 120sr well but it's just little tuning mistakes, ect that will bite you. You can be a good pilot but still be noob at cp, so learn those cp lessons on the mcpx and you will barely have any damage. The other day I set my pitch curve a little different and didn't account for it in normal mode also, and almost slammed the heli into the ceiling when I hit idle up.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I appreciate all the suggestions, with my time in the sim tonight Ive come to the conclusion I'm not quite ready for CP yet, so with the majority of the vote being the Mcpx or 130x to learn on I think my earlier conclusion to build a 450 is being scrapped right now. Ill just stick with my 120 for now and keep pluggin away on the sim until i can afford a mcpx or 130x. Again thanks for the suggestions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in