Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #2141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for your input and I think in 2015 I will soon be flybarless. And im sure i'll come across many ideas for the main rotor head. Maybe I should get a 450X to start out with.
Usman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #2142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman View Post
Thank you for your input and I think in 2015 I will soon be flybarless. And im sure i'll come across many ideas for the main rotor head. Maybe I should get a 450X to start out with.
That is a good heli . I have one that I am planning to sell ping me when you are in the market and they are pretty inexpensive nowadays....
Old 12-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #2143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been flying with stock servos for 2 years (about 60 flights) but it caught up to me this morning. 500 starting loosing tail authority so I pulled out the 450. At the end of the pack a stock servo crapped out and it started rolling. Managed to put it over the tall grass and hit the throttle hold at about 5 feet up. Did some minor damage, need a new main shaft, feathering shaft, blade grips, etc. Will definitely upgrade to all metal gear servos!!!!
dog-e-doc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2015, 11:35 PM   #2144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I got 5 batteries in my 450 this weekend. Really worked hard holding controlled hover for the first 3 flights and them do some tail in flying around the field. Felt good to end the year on a positive note!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:22 PM   #2145 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally solved my tail vibration problem. Replaced my tail rotor shaft and one of the tail rotor shaft bearings. Wish I had done that a long time ago but I thought there was no reason for any of those parts to be suspect. Apparently I was wrong.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2015, 11:00 AM   #2146 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had that same problem before. It took me forever to figure it out! Now it's something I always check after a crash.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2015, 09:36 PM   #2147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
I had that same problem before. It took me forever to figure it out! Now it's something I always check after a crash.
It is irritating. I checked those components multiple times and couldn't find anything wrong with them. I guess one big problem is I have yet to figure out how to determine if the shaft is slightly bent. I guess if all else fails, just keep replacing things until the vibe disappears.

Then again, the way it usually works for me is, fix the vibe as verified by a flight or two. Then fly the next day and vibe is back! Silly heli's anyway. I guess that is why they are said to be" a collection of thousands of parts, all flying along in loose formation".

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2015, 10:36 PM   #2148 (permalink)
Registered Users

I check the tail shaft by rolling it along the edge of my desk, and by holding it along a straight edge. Not the greatest methods, but it's something.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #2149 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had my 2nd major crash. Had a servo fail mid flight which is a bit scary watching your heli go totally out of control. Been rebuilding and learning this machine in more depth after this crash. A tuff learning curve but it has been fun. I'm starting to get a feeling that Blade or E-flite doesn't make or build very quality helicopters. I have one problem after the next. My next purchase may be a different brand.
Bradsd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #2150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade is definitely the entry level brand, particularly their electronics. Their business model is to make up for mediocre quality control with really good customer support. By the time I traded away my Blade 450 3D, I had upgraded the motor, ESC, battery, tail servo and gyro. I had a lot of the aluminum "upgrades", KBDD paddles and dampers, and CF blades. It was a pretty good flying little heli. It is what it is, and "for the price" it's not a bad heli. But if you decide that you want something designed to be a little higher end, you will be traveling a very well worn path.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:08 PM   #2151 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got a chance to fly two packs at lunch before the wind got too rough. The sim time is paying off as flips and rolls are now no worry. I hate to end up selling this heli but I've got two forzas to build and fly. It's been a great starter helicopter and I would recommend it to anyone starting out on a 450.
NewToRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2015, 09:50 PM   #2152 (permalink)
Registered Users

After crashing my micro and being out for parts, I decided to carry this one out the field today after having it sit on the shelf for 4 months. Somehow the swash was no longer level maybe I binded an old model? Made a few adjustments on my first 2 packs then took off and had a blast!

My least favorite heli in my collection but it still brings a smile when it's in working order and getting some needed attention. Still love the flybar.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #2153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ground out the main gear. Didn't know that could happen. I wonder if the spacing between the drive gear and the motor is adjustable?

If flew, landed to try and adjust the trim a little. Jumped back and you could hear the gear stuttering. Sorta fell straight down, Almost auto-gyro, sorta.

I think I have a total of 10 minutes now.

When does it get fun?
Madman O Anderson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #2154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, you can adjust the motor position in its mount to get a proper gear mesh.

How much experience do you have flying helis? How many flights does that 10 minutes cover?
Old 03-29-2015, 06:21 PM   #2155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, you can adjust the motor position in its mount to get a proper gear mesh.

How much experience do you have flying helis? How many flights does that 10 minutes cover?
I guess I will learn that as I take it apart.

No of flights??? 4 or 5, maybe. There were several "attempts" that include me trying to get it setup. Mostly those were checks to see if things were ready. ie: balance, servos working in the right direction, etc)

Will be trying to post video of the flights and attempts to youtube.

Thanks for asking.
Madman O Anderson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #2156 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you using training gear? Have you done any "ground work"? i.e. sliding the heli along the ground to get a feel for the controls? That's how I started, and I was able to get 16 trouble free flights before I crashed my 450.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:03 PM   #2157 (permalink)
Registered Users

No on the training gear. I guess what I have done for practice is flying my 180qx in heavy wind. Sometimes I fly behind my store. And the wind comes over the top and around the sides. Just hovering is a real challenge. And then try to hover in agility mode. Wow, it takes real concentration. Then I done the formal training in better conditions. Hover tail in, nose in, land on a target, traveling sideways and backwards. In low angle, high angle and agility. I need a lot more practice on orientation.

I wish I had the gear, but it seems useless in the grass. I just rcvd my Blade Redbull. I am hoping to get the programming right so that I have a chance with it. I couldn't resist the closeout price from amain.com

I really doubt that I will be able to fly it without some training.

See ya later.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:46 PM   #2158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Training gear will really help you at this stage, even with grass. It just saves you from those annoying tip overs. What would have ended your day turns into just another learning point. Use training gear, with normal mode, and practice hovering a few feet off the ground. When you're feeling a little more confident, start hovering about 15 feet above the ground, and work on your orientations.

When you get tired of the training gear, put some Trex 500 skids on instead.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:02 PM   #2159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Training gear will really help you at this stage, even with grass. It just saves you from those annoying tip overs. What would have ended your day turns into just another learning point. Use training gear, with normal mode, and practice hovering a few feet off the ground. When you're feeling a little more confident, start hovering about 15 feet above the ground, and work on your orientations.

When you get tired of the training gear, put some Trex 500 skids on instead.
Gladius knows what he talking about....Just look at his hobby total!!

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 04:08 PM   #2160 (permalink)
Registered Users

I definitely crashed enough to learn alot about repairing and setting up helis!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in