Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Awful experience with V200D03

I have owned two V200D03 simultaneously. I have logged 60 flights between the two of them. They both have crashed 5 times. Only the first crash was pilot error; each time after that the heli just failed mid-air and crashed, always during a hard maneuver. Mostly I suspect due to linkage or servo failure. After the first and subsequent crashes I set it up very carefully after replacing the parts. In fact I changed all servos just to be on the safe side as some damaged servos work okay without load but fail in flight.
I aligned the swash plate, servo arms and blades very carefully. They were so well set up that none required even a trim on flights after repair.
Today both of them crashed one after the other and I am actually thinking of not repairing them. When the first one crashed I was very careful with the second one. At one point while inverted and tilted to one side, when I gave correction it did not take it for a second and then moved according to the stick movement with a jerk. I immediately landed it and took it home. I rechecked and tightened linkages and screws. I also checked servo movements after disconnecting the motor. Remember this heli had only two and a half flights on it after repair and all servos were brand new. I took it out and two minutes into the flight as I flipped it, it made some squeaking sound and lost control and I had a terrible crash.
I am seriously considering not repairing these helis anymore but I want to hear if anyone else has had bad experience with this model.
I am torn between just throwing them away and repairing them. Looking at the damage, I can repair both of them in a little over a hundred dollars. But if they fail again mid air there is no point. However if I throw them away, with three extra batteries and shipping cost they both are well over $600.
Thanks,
Aftab.
Aftab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftab View Post
I have owned two V200D03 simultaneously. I have logged 60 flights between the two of them. They both have crashed 5 times. Only the first crash was pilot error; each time after that the heli just failed mid-air and crashed, always during a hard maneuver. Mostly I suspect due to linkage or servo failure. After the first and subsequent crashes I set it up very carefully after replacing the parts. In fact I changed all servos just to be on the safe side as some damaged servos work okay without load but fail in flight.
I aligned the swash plate, servo arms and blades very carefully. They were so well set up that none required even a trim on flights after repair.
Today both of them crashed one after the other and I am actually thinking of not repairing them. When the first one crashed I was very careful with the second one. At one point while inverted and tilted to one side, when I gave correction it did not take it for a second and then moved according to the stick movement with a jerk. I immediately landed it and took it home. I rechecked and tightened linkages and screws. I also checked servo movements after disconnecting the motor. Remember this heli had only two and a half flights on it after repair and all servos were brand new. I took it out and two minutes into the flight as I flipped it, it made some squeaking sound and lost control and I had a terrible crash.
I am seriously considering not repairing these helis anymore but I want to hear if anyone else has had bad experience with this model.
I am torn between just throwing them away and repairing them. Looking at the damage, I can repair both of them in a little over a hundred dollars. But if they fail again mid air there is no point. However if I throw them away, with three extra batteries and shipping cost they both are well over $600.
Thanks,
Aftab.
Have you check the motor shaft for movement these motor wear out quickly. The motor shaft starts to wobble an make it hard to fly which may disengage the main gear at the wrong time. I'm waiting on a new tarot 250 motor hopefully it will work out without a major mod just enlarging motor gear. When the bearings break loose it make a winding sound. If you look close you can see the shaft move, The stock motor is not durable because I fly fast with hard banked turn which puts alot of pressure on this motor. I had one crash with this heli pilot error but also replaced the motor once. I usually log a lot of flights on weekend which is 3 days of flying 3 pack at a time maybe 5 or 6 times a day.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear of your awful experience.....I don't fly extreme like you and vronny, but I do love this heli. I have read post here about servo upgrades and I'm sure vronny could point you in the right direction when it comes to upgrades for this heli I don't own any other CP helis other then the V200 but I'm sure every heli has its weak points. Maybe sell one of them and buy a different model so you have a choice on what you want to fly....

My two cents.....
bvento is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still use stock servos no crash no stripping of gears or servos plus servos are cheap priced
Old 05-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
I still use stock servos no crash no stripping of gears or servos plus servos are cheap priced
I've had some pretty hard crashes and so far no major breaks..... maybe I'm lucky or she's just crashes somewhat well. Either way as many have said.....this heli rocks! My only problem is I wish I lived next to Walkera dealer
bvento is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had the pinion move around and disengage the main gear in flight. I need to find another motor to replace the stock unit with.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPuffnstuff View Post
I've had the pinion move around and disengage the main gear in flight. I need to find another motor to replace the stock unit with.
Still waiting on my tarot 250 motor to see if it will work asreplacement.
the stock motor cramp for durability but hobbypartz has a motor that might work also. The main problem is the motor shaft are 2.5mm stock is 2.3mm this isn't a major problem we shall see.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have moved the motors on both of them with hand and they look okay but I will take them out and carefully inspect. I thought that many others might have had a similar experience but that does not seem to be the case from this thread.
I will wait some more before deciding on whether to repair or not. In the mean time I will fly the Mini CP and V120D02S. I have my eyes on Blade 300X as a next heli.
Thanks for your suggestions,
Aftab.
Aftab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vronny were you able to get a new pinion to fit the different shaft diameter? I plan to get new pinions with set screws on them to replace the stock press on which has nothing to prevent it from moving. Also do you know how many teeth are on the stock pinion? Thanks.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRPuffnstuff View Post
Vronny were you able to get a new pinion to fit the different shaft diameter? I plan to get new pinions with set screws on them to replace the stock press on which has nothing to prevent it from moving. Also do you know how many teeth are on the stock pinion? Thanks.
Man it was hard see the teeth but it looks like 12t or 13t. Not sure what mod gear is on there. I will try to make the stock pinion work. The motor was in NY a couple of days ago maybe be here saturday.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found that the tarot 250 is to big but the good thing I can probably use it for blade 300X. So the search continues for a replacement motor. I know there got to something better than stock.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I took a look at my stock pinion and it looks like its 15t to me. The largest replacement I could find was 11t for the stock shaft and that was at heli direct.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in