Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation U.S. ?

value hobby....U.S. ?....X-heli is making me mad, and they have my $$$$$...
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyranger View Post
value hobby....U.S. ?....X-heli is making me mad, and they have my $$$$$...

Yuppers! Illinois.

Sent from my Laptop using "Hunt and Peck"

FLThreeFiveZero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys ask you will recieve....lol I have this real thin double sided tape and some old foam blades from hong kong that have wedges with them . I am guessing 6 degrees. I put the tape on the wedges so they say put and installed them on my exi250 fp. They look cool but they will not get the heli off the ground. you have some killer head speed. I guess if you can find some 10 degree wedges some place it will work but don't really see the point.The cb180 blades or cut down stock blades as HH has done work great. I am a tinkerer so had to give it a shot for the team. I will try to put a pic of them installed tonite ,but if not tomorrow.
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's two pics of the setup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8944 1200x797.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	189256   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8947 1200x797.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	189257  
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FL, heres those sweet little Turnigy servos I love so much. They work great on a 450s tail (scale flight only) Tail or body for a 250 or body of a HBFP.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=7472
or a 3 pack for only $9 !
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9745

And heres a metal geared SG90 with very nice stats for only $5 in case your interested
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9392
Old 11-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

VL I really hope you do this Mod. We could make this the best flying fixed pitch helicopter ever…seriously ever!

I already agree, its the perfect FP heli. Brushless, belt drive and external gyro make a helicopter awesome. You know I almost did the conversion last night but I have so many parts for my Bee (including a couple brand new Slo Max 300s) I decided to burn up some more parts I have before doing the conversion.
I took the time instead to finally rebuild my V2 that got really banged up when the ESky RX freaked out and she crashed hard onto concrete.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLThreeFiveZero View Post
Sorry, My bad, I musta been thinking Rex 250 when I typed that. I actually have a couple Gaui 200's. one belt and one shaft tail. Both on the bottom Left.

But to answer your question the main shaft is 3mm x 84 mm..... isnt that like the V2 shaft.

I have ordered from Value Hobby.....alot.......they are great!

Sweet looking fleet!!!!!
That Gazaur looks sick…is it a Mars or a Poseidon? I don’t really know much about Gazaur helicopters other than the canopy looks awesome…like something out of a sci-fi movie. You really have some unique helicopters in your hanger…and speaking of hangers…your setup looks great and most important it looks warm. My man cave shed has no insulation and the only real time I have to work on my helicopters is the weekends before the rest of the family is up, so my tinkering window is usually between 3:00am and 8:00am. In the winter its freakin cold that early in the morning, so if I want to work on my helicopters I have to dress like an Eskimo…lol!

3mm by 84mm…sweet! So do you think it would be a direct swap out if you installed a Honey Bee shaft and head assembly?

Sweet! Hopefully today I will get a chance to make an order with Value hobby. I really want to get another cheap 250 kit and batteries so I can convert one of my other Bees.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
You guys ask you will recieve....lol I have this real thin double sided tape and some old foam blades from hong kong that have wedges with them . I am guessing 6 degrees. I put the tape on the wedges so they say put and installed them on my exi250 fp. They look cool but they will not get the heli off the ground. you have some killer head speed. I guess if you can find some 10 degree wedges some place it will work but don't really see the point.The cb180 blades or cut down stock blades as HH has done work great. I am a tinkerer so had to give it a shot for the team. I will try to put a pic of them installed tonite ,but if not tomorrow.
Setup looked really good in the pictures…it’s a shame it didn’t work good with the 6degree wedges…In theory I would have thought the wedges would have worked good. I didn’t even know that someone made wedges like that or you could get double side tape that thin…This is good information to know. For simplicity sake I totally agree with you…using smaller blades or trimming down existing fixed pitch blades are the way to go. Last night I trimmed down a set of Xtreme fiber blades, but didn’t have time to test them. Even trimmed down they seem to be much more ridge it (less flexing) than the trimmed down stock Honey Bee blades, so I hope they perform better…we will see.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
VL I really hope you do this Mod. We could make this the best flying fixed pitch helicopter ever…seriously ever!

I already agree, its the perfect FP heli. Brushless, belt drive and external gyro make a helicopter awesome. You know I almost did the conversion last night but I have so many parts for my Bee (including a couple brand new Slo Max 300s) I decided to burn up some more parts I have before doing the conversion.
I took the time instead to finally rebuild my V2 that got really banged up when the ESky RX freaked out and she crashed hard onto concrete.

Glad to hear you got your Bee fixed up…Hope to see some pictures and video of it.
Totally understand about using up the parts you have. I still hope that one day you do the conversion…I would really like to know your take on it.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

i got a new challenge for you hank...i've been looking at AutoGyro's...so what i think you need to do now is take one of your parts heli's..get the head free spinning on it..and put a motor up front to pull it..and see if the sucker will fly

Old 11-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sweet !!!!!!

Sweeet !!!!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last edited by JettaManDan; 11-12-2010 at 06:57 AM..
JettaManDan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Sweet looking fleet!!!!!
That Gazaur looks sick…is it a Mars or a Poseidon? I don’t really know much about Gazaur helicopters other than the canopy looks awesome…like something out of a sci-fi movie. You really have some unique helicopters in your hanger…and speaking of hangers…your setup looks great and most important it looks warm. My man cave shed has no insulation and the only real time I have to work on my helicopters is the weekends before the rest of the family is up, so my tinkering window is usually between 3:00am and 8:00am. In the winter its freakin cold that early in the morning, so if I want to work on my helicopters I have to dress like an Eskimo…lol!

3mm by 84mm…sweet! So do you think it would be a direct swap out if you installed a Honey Bee shaft and head assembly?

Sweet! Hopefully today I will get a chance to make an order with Value hobby. I really want to get another cheap 250 kit and batteries so I can convert one of my other Bees.

Thanks Bro.

The Gazaur in the pic is the Mars. I have a Poseidon just off to the right of the pic, along with 2 blade 400s, another 2 HB (V1's), a 4g6, 3 4#3's and another Mars that Im turning into a AP Heli. Tonight, when I get home Ill get a pic of the other side..........If its not too late and I can remember.

The Gazaurs are hands down the best helis Ive ever flown. (well the SJM's are awesome too, but parts are pretty scarce so they have just been shelf Queens lately)
Ive flown some pretty nice 450-700 Trex's and even a Bergen, and a Joker. The Gazaur blows the Trex's out of the water ( wasnt even close) and I even like the Gazaur over the Berg. and Joker. Thats why I decided to make a AP ship out of one.
The only thing real thing that the SJM has over the Gazaur is the CarbonFiber on the SJM is more "stout" and the SJM just feels Strong. in comparison the CF in Gazaur feels a little flimsy. But if you didnt have a SJM to compare it too you would never know the difference.

I really like the Gazaur canopies also... Id like to find someone who could paint Both my Gazaurs to match.......... something like this.......(I found this pic online and its so wicked cool, its my screen saver on my work computer. )

My Man Cave is my home office, sometimes its hard to get to my desk and computer for all the helicopter parts scattered everywhere.

The FP swap does look like it could be just as easy on the Gaui as it was for your 250, But unless they start making clone Gauis the initial cost would be kinda steep. You just cant beat $30 for a Trex250 clone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uMu03zAy_Uc7tIPzukj6w.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	189422  

Old 11-10-2010, 06:07 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks Bro.

The Gazaur in the pic is the Mars. I have a Poseidon just off to the right of the pic, along with 2 blade 400s, another 2 HB (V1's), a 4g6, 3 4#3's and another Mars that Im turning into a AP Heli. Tonight, when I get home Ill get a pic of the other side..........If its not too late and I can remember.

The Gazaurs are hands down the best helis Ive ever flown. (well the SJM's are awesome too, but parts are pretty scarce so they have just been shelf Queens lately)
Ive flown some pretty nice 450-700 Trex's and even a Bergen, and a Joker. The Gazaur blows the Trex's out of the water ( wasnt even close) and I even like the Gazaur over the Berg. and Joker. Thats why I decided to make a AP ship out of one.
The only thing real thing that the SJM has over the Gazaur is the CarbonFiber on the SJM is more "stout" and the SJM just feels Strong. in comparison the CF in Gazaur feels a little flimsy. But if you didnt have a SJM to compare it too you would never know the difference.

I really like the Gazaur canopies also... Id like to find someone who could paint Both my Gazaurs to match.......... something like this.......(I found this pic online and its so wicked cool, its my screen saver on my work computer. )

My Man Cave is my home office, sometimes its hard to get to my desk and computer for all the helicopter parts scattered everywhere.

The FP swap does look like it could be just as easy on the Gaui as it was for your 250, But unless they start making clone Gauis the initial cost would be kinda steep. You just cant beat $30 for a Trex250 clone.

Well I guess it was to late when you got home…Really looking forward to seeing the rest of your awesome fleet.

Thanks for the information on the Gazaurs…One of these days…when I think I’m ready and have the time…I was going to take the plunge and get a Trex bird, but now after hearing you great review of the Gazaur…I think I need to take a closer look at my options.

That is the sickest canopy I’ve ever seen…so sick that I think I need to take a day off of work just for looking at it……………………..sweetest canopy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its looks like the canopy was design for the alien face! That’s so what I envisioned when I saw the canopy for the first time. That would definitely be a show canopy if it was mine…there is no way I would ever fly it…especially the way I fly. It won’t stop staring at me…maybe because I can’t stop staring at it.

So I take it you are one of the lucky few…that their wife lets them have multiple helicopters in the house…you lucky dog!

Yeah I know the price tag of the Gaui…just wanted to know if it could be done…for scientific reasons only…hehehe lol!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I guess it was to late when you got home…Really looking forward to seeing the rest of your awesome fleet.

Thanks for the information on the Gazaurs…One of these days…when I think I’m ready and have the time…I was going to take the plunge and get a Trex bird, but now after hearing you great review of the Gazaur…I think I need to take a closer look at my options.

That is the sickest canopy I’ve ever seen…so sick that I think I need to take a day off of work just for looking at it……………………..sweetest canopy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its looks like the canopy was design for the alien face! That’s so what I envisioned when I saw the canopy for the first time. That would definitely be a show canopy if it was mine…there is no way I would ever fly it…especially the way I fly. It won’t stop staring at me…maybe because I can’t stop staring at it.

So I take it you are one of the lucky few…that their wife lets them have multiple helicopters in the house…you lucky dog!

Yeah I know the price tag of the Gaui…just wanted to know if it could be done…for scientific reasons only…hehehe lol!

Yeah sorry about that..It was almost 1AM when I finally got home. I just crashed. Had to be up at 6 again this morning to get back in here....Seems as Im the only one who can keep the world from imploding.

You wont be disappointed in the Gazaur.

I know what you mean about that canopy...lol thats why I have it on my work computer......It reminds me why I come here.

Yeah my wife dont mind the helicopters. We made a deal a long time ago in order to not go hopelessly in debt. We each get a allowance to spend as we wish, and the "other" cant say a word about what the "other" does with it........ So she gets her nails done, facials, hair done, and my God, shoes and purses. And I get my toys.
As far as being in the house, we have a 4 bdrm house (small rooms but there are 4) and we only have 1 kid so I have one room as my office and she has her clothes storage room across the hall.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:00 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah sorry about that..It was almost 1AM when I finally got home. I just crashed. Had to be up at 6 again this morning to get back in here....Seems as Im the only one who can keep the world from imploding.

You wont be disappointed in the Gazaur.

I know what you mean about that canopy...lol thats why I have it on my work computer......It reminds me why I come here.

Yeah my wife dont mind the helicopters. We made a deal a long time ago in order to not go hopelessly in debt. We each get a allowance to spend as we wish, and the "other" cant say a word about what the "other" does with it........ So she gets her nails done, facials, hair done, and my God, shoes and purses. And I get my toys.
As far as being in the house, we have a 4 bdrm house (small rooms but there are 4) and we only have 1 kid so I have one room as my office and she has her clothes storage room across the hall.

Totally understand Bud…I go to bed at 10:00pm and get up at 4:00 am to go to work, so I’m running on empty all the time. If you get a chance I would still love to see the rest of your fleet.

Loved the looks of the Gazaur canopy so much I decided to buy two canopies and see if I could fit them on my FPK2s. The only place I could find the canopy was on the official Gazaur site. The price of the white Mars canopy isn’t bad at all $5.99 but the only shipping they offered was EMS and they wanted $28.00…That’s a little too crazy for me. Is there a suppler in the U.S. or somewhere else that the shipping will be cheaper? Is there official web-site the only place to get parts?

Sound like you and your wife have a good arrangement…sweet. I wish I could say the same.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:30 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
A wall and my exi250 fp had a fight and the wall won.so what a better time to get a trex 250 cf boom.
Johnny have you fitted the Align carbon fiber boom on you EXI FP250 Yet?
I crashed me FP250 real good the other night and bend up the boom real bad, so I went to order a replacement boom from HobbyKing and to my surprise they don’t list any parts for the HK-T250 anymore…they just have parts for the HK-GT250. No big deal…the parts are interchangeable and still cheap…just wondering why they stop carrying parts for the HK-T250. I went ahead and place an order with the King, but won’t get it for a few weeks. So I order an Align cf boom and boom block and should have it by the weekend. I figure it should be a direct fit…Will see…I really need it get this little demon back in the air.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

for the price of one of these 250 kits you got me thinking hank...you got me thinking
Old 11-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Totally understand Bud…I go to bed at 10:00pm and get up at 4:00 am to go to work, so I’m running on empty all the time. If you get a chance I would still love to see the rest of your fleet.

Loved the looks of the Gazaur canopy so much I decided to buy two canopies and see if I could fit them on my FPK2s. The only place I could find the canopy was on the official Gazaur site. The price of the white Mars canopy isn’t bad at all $5.99 but the only shipping they offered was EMS and they wanted $28.00…That’s a little too crazy for me. Is there a suppler in the U.S. or somewhere else that the shipping will be cheaper? Is there official web-site the only place to get parts?

Sound like you and your wife have a good arrangement…sweet. I wish I could say the same.
Here is a couple of places Ive used.

in Florida:
http://www.mars480.com/index.html

in Nevada:
http://www.stasvc.com/main.html

Old 11-12-2010, 05:54 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here is a couple of places Ive used.

in Florida:
http://www.mars480.com/index.html

in Nevada:
http://www.stasvc.com/main.html

Sweet!!!
I searched google for Gazaur…I guess I didn’t look hard enough.
Thanks for the links Bro
I really suck at air brushing, but I sooooo want that alien canopy on one of my birds…so were there a will…there a way. I might have to repaint the canopy a hundred times and it might end up weighing a pound when I’m done, but I think I need to give it a try.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in