Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question about ESC "discharge monitoring and protecting adapter"

Do I really need the second cable on the ESC that attaches to the battery's charging port? I read that some people just cut it off and don't bother with it. Why or why not use it?

I just got a new ESC and have not flown with it yet, but I'm ready to take her up and would like to know the importance of the adapter.
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Would help tp know exactly what ESC you have, then could probably give more info.

However, in general, what this will do is monitor the voltage in each individual cell, and will provide some kind of warning if one cell goes too low. Without this, the ESC can only monitor total voltage of the pack, and will give warning if this goes too low. In this case, if one cell is weaker than the others, it can go below the point where the cell is damaged before the warning kicks in.

So this connection provides some extra protection against over-discharge damage to your batteries. I would think it's a good idea to use it, if it's already there. Many people pay extra to fit one
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great feedback cyprusdave. Here is the model I have, a turnigy sentry 40A:

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...eed_Controller

I guess I'll use it and see how things go. I'd rather be on the safe side than save a very small fraction of additional weight.

I also fitted an 11 tooth pinion, thanks to barzaun. He even sent me a second one when I screwed up and broke the set screw on the first one...what a guy!

Can't wait to test the extra power tomorrow
Old 05-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I noticed you have a blade mSR cyprusdave. I recently got one myself and it has been a joy, but I would like to get a little more out of it. Other than shrink wrapping the tail motor and moving the linkages to "advanced", I have done no mods to the heli. Anything you suggest? I have only the stock tx and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, the Sentry does as I said. Probably worth using this feature, as I said.

The only change I've make to the mSR is to "un-mix" the factory rudder to elevator mix. But I can do that as I'm using my DX6i. Otherwise no, done nothing. IMHO, the alloy parts seems pretty expensive, and don't, by all accounts, make it fly any better. I've got enough other helis to mod and upgrade and spend money on I bought the mSR as a cheap any-time flyer for a bit of fun, that's all, so it will stay stock.

However, you might find different opinions if you check out the mSR forum: https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in