Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep I just sat my SR down on a flat surface and was finally able to get the pitch of both blades with my new little manual pitch guage. Turns out at mid stick with the left stick in mid position ( not being in F1 mode with the DX6i - correct me if I should be ) I have pitch readings of +6 on one blade and +9 on the other. I guess I'll work with the links to get these numbers close to 0. All meanwhile making sure that my swash plate stays level and midway between its travel on the shaft. Hopefully everything turns out the way its supposed to !
Usman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #382 (permalink)
Registered Users

WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE ! ! ! I used my new little manual pitch gauge and adjusted the two very top links to get close to 0 degrees at mid stick with throttle hold on ! ! ! Then I tested the helicopter and it certainly does not get sucked down to the ground, rather is behaving normally and wants to take off ! ! ! !
What I'll do now is trim myself two pieces of same size wood that will rest under my flybar paddles so that my flybar is complete level and then get as close to 0 degrees at midstick as possible by making the adjustments ! Other than the mechanical adjustments....what other adjustments might I need to make in order to have the proper pitch measurements?
Also....I'm finding that with even the F1 mode switch flicked on ( towards me on my DX6i) i'm no where getting past -2 pitch with throttle all the way down.....do I need to be on the stunt curve or have something else done in order to make sure I have good pitch measurements across the board? ? Thanks !
Old 10-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got done flying my Blade SR one full Battery cycle in I think over a year now ! !
It flew great. I finally got the blades adjusted so that it can fly at least here in my bedroom.
There are just three final questions that I have with this SR and I'll be ALL set....so many many thanks in advance....
1.) As I flying the Helicopter I was trying to get the Gain on the GYRO just right so right now I have it set at around 68.5%. As I was flying the helicopter I constantly had to control the nose of the SR turning to the right...so my left stick was constantly correcting this by going left.....what does that mean? How can that be fixed without trim....does that mean my gyro gain is too high?
2.) I am using the DX6i transmitter and decided to plug the yellow wire into the proper slot in the receiver. In lay terms what did I just do? Does that allow me to use my DX6i transmitter to set the Gyro Gain that way instead of the small dial on the SR?
3.) Lastly.....what essentially does the pot on the bottom of the SR do....is that the pot that would get adjusted to stop the nose going to the right? What does the little pot on the back of the SR do....and if the yellow wire is plugged in...does that make that obsolete?
Thanks once again....I'm glad I as able to get this SR flying ! ! I'm ALMOST THERE ! ! !
Old 10-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #384 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Usman -

This hobby is not always intuitive...this forum is here for help, but it's not a baby sitter. Many of your questions can be answered by searching the forums as we all have done, but I get the idea you want it done for you. Maybe not quite what you expected...

Ken
Old 10-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: DX6i Settings for the SR?

Ken, while I may feel the same frustration I'll give it one more go.

Your constant nose yaw is probably proportional pot related...see below. Gain fixes tail wag, not nose yaws. The SR is notorious for not being the most "locked in" helicopter in production.

Usman- listen up.
When you set zero degrees at mid stick you want to have two motor wires unplugged, the Tx set in I/U with throttle hold off and a linear pitch curve (0-25-50-75-100).

Plugging the yellow gyro wire into the receiver bypasses the gyro gain on the gyro itself and let's you control the gain on your transmitter.

The proportinal pot tells your esc how much power to give the main motor and how much to give your tail motor. This is not the same thing as gain and you should start with it in the middle. if the nose turns left, turn the pot ever so slightly right. If the nose turns right, turn the pot left. Small turns. You must unplug the battery after proportional pot changes for them to take effect.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #386 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks everyone for their help and support especially Ken and Ed. I know I ask a lot of questions. And I apologize for that. Sometimes it just gets frustrating and I just try to feather my sources. I got all the answers I wanted tonight !
I guess it is just so that this is not so much of a locked in helicopter at times. But i'm gaining traction on it.
Two battery packs down...and I plan on having many more from here on out!
The slight adjustments are indeed very slight and small on the proportional. I just learned that from examining the nose going left or right in small amounts after making small adjustments and its a real fine line.
Again, thanks for all the help and I'm there!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #387 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just one last question for now.....and that is it critical to have the Bell Mixer Arm perfectly parallel at mid stick or if its ok to be a little slanted? Right now I have my swashplate level and seemingly half way in it's travel on the main shaft.....and 0 degrees pitch on both blades at half stick....but the bell mixer arms are not perfectly level....should i have my head be so that the Bell Mixer arms are also level at mid stick on TH? Thanks !
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would say that's it's ideal, but a little off I think would be okay. Check for binding at max/min pitch with collective. I know it's a pain, but it might be worth it to get them level if you notice any binding.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #389 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Hello, thanks for the settings for the DX6i .. However I think I must've over looked something.. My SR exploded last night on the first flight w/ the DX6i

I spun up, got lift, a little quicker than expected. It jumped up about 5-6 feet almost instantly and I instantly hit the TH switch to bring her back down, and BOOM instant negative pitch on the blades and she crashed HARD on to the concrete floor. The blades hit and bent the tail shaft, busted a main blade grip, the tail motor casing broke in two and tail motor completely separated from the chopper, it even pulled the wires out of the solder joints! ARG! It was pretty epic, and heart breaking. But it's repairable, and will get fixed.

Anyhow, I've read this entire thread and don't see any one else having issues w/ the pitch settings while TH is on. What is the correct pitch settings for TH active?

Thanks!
chillware is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #390 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Throttle Hold does not control pitch, it only "kills power" to the motor.

It sounds to me like you also slammed the throttle closed at the same time thus causing a boom strike which explains why your heli self destructed !

If I was you I would stick to using Normal mode until you can at least obtain a decent hover then switch over to IU.

Don't fly inside .... if it does go out of control at least you dont have to worry about it smacking of the roof or off a wall, outside you'll have more time to get the heli under control.

The settings on here can be a bit brutal for a first timer .. hence the shooting off into the air on take off. .... Post the throttle and pitch settings you are using.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #391 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Th doesn't control pitch, but you can set the pitch so when Th is activated you can still auto down if need be. althoufh, the SR doesn't really auto, it was an example to show why you would set a pitch curve in TH.
"Sweep the leg"...."But sensei, I'll be disqualified."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in