Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Fuselage Forum

Fuselage Forum Fuselage Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Building Airwolf Scale

I just purchased the Century 620 Electric Airwolf Kit.
I purchased another Century Swift NX to learn on so I don't destroy the Airwolf.
I also purchased a Great Planes Simulator and a Blade RTF MCPX.
I'm periodically purchasing the required items not included in the Airwolf Kit so it will be a long time involved in the building of the Airwolf.

I have built numerous Minature Aircraft Helicopters including the 1005 Excell Gaser but I have never learned to fly. I enjoyed building the Helicopters and selling them to eager buyers. I'm determined to learn how to fly.

At any rate I would like to receive input on anyone who has in fact flown the Century Swift NX. I'm of course going to utilize the Century Swift Mechanics that came with the Airwolf 620 Kit but I'm wondering if a upgraded version of the Century Swift should be utilized.
Pooterjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Airwolf Build

Has anyone completed a Century 620 Electric Airwolf Kit Build. This Kit didn't come with any instructions, Centuryheli.com advised me to utilize the Century Swift NF Manual. The Century Swift NF Mechanics are utilized in the Airwolf Kit. Any input would be much appreciated.
Pooterjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swift

I have several Swift's and the NX as well I have the Century 109 Coast Guard with the stock Swift the only thing I did was replace the Swift paddles with the Hawk Pro paddles this slowed the response and made it allot easier to fly it like a scale helicopter.

Charles
rotorsport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Been flying my Swift NX for a few years, shortly after it came out I picked up a kit.

Had a couple minor bumps along the way, but nothing major. I put a 6S lipo on mine and beat the crap out of it, so I have done a few upgrades to help it handle that. But for the purpose of a scale heli it will be fine stock.

I dont really fly mine very much anymore, the 640's and my 90 give me my fix. I miss having my old Bell 222, so I have been looking to do the exact same thing, deciding between airwolf and bell 222...maybe a winter project.

I do recommend though using something like hyperion servos for the retracts. You can program them to operate at slower speeds, so they will give a more realistic retract.
Furious Predator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Airwolf project

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE BUILT A CENTURY 620 ELECTRIC AIRWOLF THAT UTILIZES CENTURY SWIFT NX MECHANICS?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Airwolf project

Nope. And personally I think you will get more information from other people if you:
1. Do not type in capitals and bold;
2. And provide a little more information

I hope somebody can help you out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 08-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Might try asking in the scale forum.. better chance of getting a response there.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

No I haven't but I have seen the fuse kit in person and it is very nice looking. The scale section is where you need to be looking for answers.

Yes please turn the caps off. It's like yelling,most peeps don't like it.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorsport View Post
I have several Swift's and the NX as well I have the Century 109 Coast Guard with the stock Swift the only thing I did was replace the Swift paddles with the Hawk Pro paddles this slowed the response and made it allot easier to fly it like a scale helicopter.

Charles
I am aslo buildfing the 620 airwolf and am curious, WHY would paddles make that kind of difference? I definitely want that slower response.
billryalls is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would suggest trying to post on ScaleRCHelis.com. Should be able to find help there.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in