Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters

Gasser Helicopters Gasser Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 08:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea its funny how things to take a while and for it to become a 'practiced' procedure. John you really are breaking ground on getting the word out about this. Maybe a 'class' at a couple fun flies would really make gasser guys interested and ask questions.

I really could have used a detector like that when I had hits on my glow. Glitches can lead a man crazy troubleshooting... :mrgreen:

-Cody
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2005, 06:30 AM   #22 (permalink)

Theres only a hand full of trail blazers
aileron bail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb

Here is good additional reference material.

http://www.ultralightnews.com/pilots..._shielding.htm

Shielded cable can be obtained from numerous aircraft part distributors. Resistor plugs also make a big difference when deemed necessary.

A small AM transistor radio makes a good proble to identify stray interence from a variety of sources.

fyi

BC
bcook01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Invaluable

Nice Post:
Thanks For sharing this invaluable information.
Just started flying Helis and joined this Forum, but I have to stay away from the Glow/Nitro fuel. Bad Skin and lung reaction.
I first purchased an EFlite Blade 400 a couple monthe ago and just finished my first Align 600 EP (Trex 600 CP).
Beautiful thing the engineering in the rotor head but the batteries and battery support stuff cost quite a bit and large LiPo battery prices will remain high until the battery technology advances again.

RE Nitro Power
I noticed an article on the reduction in availability of Nitro from the major suppliers worldwide and locally, plus the economics says that even with an increase in the price per Gallon, Gasoline is still less costly anyway. To keep flying into the future I guess that all will end up at the Gas Station
But guess I'm preaching to the chior.

Not to get off topic but because of the skin thing, I moved away from Nitro back in the 80s and have been Scratch building and flying large Gasoline powered airplanes since. So I have a natural leaning toward the Gas powered stuff.

Re Gasoline powered Helis - 2 things
  1. I noticed a post here about a Predator that someone got flying using a Glow powered engine and Gasoline.
  2. I need as much guidance on the Gas stuff as I can get.
I am interested in the large Gassers and seeing your detailed examination and solution leads me to believe that your experience with Gasoline powered Heli Stuff can offer me some guidance. So could you give me some idea of the 90 - 120 sized Helis that I may review for future purchase??

Thanks
Ken
Old 06-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ken,

There are four major brands that seem to have a following. Century Predator, Min Air Spectra, Maxum, and Begren. I fly Bergen and love them. Rbort flies Spectra-G and he loves it. I've read a lot about Predator both here and on RunRyder and they seem to be a difficult build.

With the advent of 2.4, there isn't much of a problem with glitches anymore so I wouldn't go through the process of building a shield as decribed in this post. In fact, if not done correctly the shield could cause more issues.

For engines, I use a Hanson 3D Max that has tons of power and less vibration then a stock G-26.

Welcome to the world of long flights and cheap fuel.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo View Post
Ken,

There are four major brands that seem to have a following. Century Predator, Min Air Spectra, Maxum, and Begren. I fly Bergen and love them. Rbort flies Spectra-G and he loves it. I've read a lot about Predator both here and on RunRyder and they seem to be a difficult build.

With the advent of 2.4, there isn't much of a problem with glitches anymore so I wouldn't go through the process of building a shield as decribed in this post. In fact, if not done correctly the shield could cause more issues.

For engines, I use a Hanson 3D Max that has tons of power and less vibration then a stock G-26.

Welcome to the world of long flights and cheap fuel.

Lou
Thanks for the info on a place to start. SO far my internet searches have turned up Century. So Ill look for the others "Specs" etc.
Good Flying weather in Bel Air MD this morning so I think Ill go to the club field to see who's up and who's down. I ll take my trusty Balde 400 and stock of parts just for kicks.

Keep em spinning guys
Ken

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in