Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #801 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also sand the edges slightly so no splinters will form when installing it. My outdoor test flight is in 45 minutes.

Update: ok it flies great! No wobble, no tbe, nothing! I did not crash or have any blade strikes but more then likely either one would ruin a stock feathering shaft! So I'm happy and that is all that matters! If anyone tries it then please let me know how it works for you!

I just thought of this: the stock fs bends and it's ruined! The carbon fs would flex a bit so it would absorb a strike and survive, yes? Or am I off here?

James

Last edited by jamesandyori; 04-24-2012 at 01:59 PM..
jamesandyori is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #802 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandyori View Post
I also sand the edges slightly so no splinters will form when installing it. My outdoor test flight is in 45 minutes.

Update: ok it flies great! No wobble, no tbe, nothing! I did not crash or have any blade strikes but more then likely either one would ruin a stock feathering shaft! So I'm happy and that is all that matters! If anyone tries it then please let me know how it works for you!

I just thought of this: the stock fs bends and it's ruined! The carbon fs would flex a bit so it would absorb a strike and survive, yes? Or am I off here?

James
I think you've got the right idea, it should flex a little but not bend.

Did you use solid carbon rod or hollow tube (like maybe from an old tail boom)?
Chris.S. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #803 (permalink)
Registered Users

Solid. I bought it from my lhs to make booms.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #804 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferOfTheSkys View Post
Hi,

Just made a deal to trade for a Blade 120 Sr,I have been wanting one of these for a while and now it's in the mail. It has plenty of upgrades, like a RKH Frame,Two swashplates a Microheli and a RKH swashplate. Which brings me to question number one( does anyone have this bird and any of these two swashplates installed, if so can you tell me your opinion of it and how they stack up against each other, trying to decide which one to install.) It also has an extreme metal main rotor hub, which brings me to question number two, (does anyone have this bird with this part installed and will it be able to pair with a set of RKH blade grips which also comes with the heli) it also comes with a new stock flybar and a RKH flybar which brings me to question number three, ( how does the RKH flybar perform , does it stay away from the dreaded TBE) it also has the xtreme upgrade 120 motor. Anyway hope to have it soon and install the new bling filled performance? upgrades. Also looking at the RKH tail boom support any advice for a new owner of the Blade 120 SR and what upgrades, mods to get/do and what to stay away from would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ray
My 120 SR has the Extreme head and RKH grips for the last 3 months or so and they work very well together. I did snap a main shaft at the head today and had to drill out the shaft remnants after removing the jesus bolt. Par for the course, had no problems with this either.
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #805 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dipped Skids

I guess I should of posted this here first..

Saw this suggestion in a thread awhile ago and decided to give it a go..

2 Dips pre skid. It added about 1.5 grams per skid.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=411294
Oh no... not again! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #806 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SR120 easy camera setup

I've put up a quck video of how I attach my camera to the SR120. You need to use the trex skids since the mounts are more stiff. Forgive me for the quality of the video as I was adjusting the trim rods and it's the first time putting the camera on this setup. You can notice at the end that it was a bit windy and starting to rain. Anyhow, enough of the excuses, the rest of them I need for my golf game

SR120 video with 808 ver. 11 (5 min 57 sec)
prowlen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #807 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a couple of very hard landings and jammed the aileron servo, twice. I thought I had destroyed it but just pushed the top of the motor back down and it worked fine. But the TREX 250 LG Delrin mounts didn't make it. Destroyed the tail boom twice too. Anyone know what size screws, spacers, etc it takes to fasten the TREX 250 mounts to the frame without using the old studs from the stock LG? Tried reusing the studs but it's too hard.
Don

Last edited by hifinsword; 06-03-2012 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: incomplete
hifinsword is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #808 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The paper clip mod

I saw a pic of the paper clip reinforcement mod somewhere on here but can't remember who did it. I did it and had a hard crash. It did what it was supposed to do but I got more than I bargained for. The clips spread the shock between the two canopy rod mounts. Neither broke but the canopy holes sheared and all the grommets were still in place while the canopy came completely off. I've done the crash without the paper clip mod too and the CF mounts broke up front. I salvaged the canopy with some tape. So not sure if I came out ahead or not. I 'm flying w/out the paper clips for now. Easier to pull the rod out than fix the canopy.
Don
Old 06-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #809 (permalink)

Is there an diffrent way to mount batteries besides velcro or the stock battery mount.
Just Another Flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #810 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Battery mount mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Another Flyer View Post
Is there an diffrent way to mount batteries besides velcro or the stock battery mount.
I've seen attaching a wide strip of heat shrink to the standard mount but the mount has had the bottom and side parts removed. Wrap the battery first to size the shrink wrap and then CA or epoxy it into place. I also use the Rakon Heli battery tray (part # RKH-12SR529-S) attached to the TREX 250 landing skids (part # AGNH25034A or T). I used a velcro strip to wrap around the battery attached under the tray but you could just as easily use heat shrink. I mounted the strip from the top of the tray but in retrospect it would be better to attach under the tray to allow you to change the size of the wrap. It's expensive to add the tray. The TREX 250 landing skids can be had for $6.99 but the tray is another $30. Next time I'll try a credit card trimmed to fit.
Don
Old 06-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #811 (permalink)

I broke my stock one last night. Thinking about Trex 250 lg but the RKH battery tray is expensive. I like the Astroid Designs one but I don't want to modify my batteries because I use them with other things to.
Just Another Flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #812 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Battery tray

I made these on my laser at work battery tray and spacer/main gear guard I can add pics of it mounted later. Was thinking of making a few hundred to sell if I can get it cleared with the boss, but I have a few extra right now if anyone wants to test em out. also remember that this won't work with the stock skids.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-12_10-47-11_235.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	323971  

Last edited by Rcaddicted; 06-12-2012 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: added pic
Rcaddicted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #813 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcaddicted View Post
I made these on my laser at work battery tray and spacer/main gear guard I can add pics of it mounted later. Was thinking of making a few hundred to sell if I can get it cleared with the boss, but I have a few extra right now if anyone wants to test em out.
Cant see the pics.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #814 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll test one

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
kinkinhood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #815 (permalink)

Could you post plans?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #816 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Another Flyer View Post
Could you post plans?
They're on my work computer so I'll do it tomorrow morning, any preference for file format?

here ya go, the zip file has .eps,.dxf and .svg formats should cover just about any software.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf heli.pdf (66.1 KB, 233 views)
File Type: zip heli.zip (62.7 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by Rcaddicted; 06-13-2012 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: added files
Old 06-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #817 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcaddicted View Post
They're on my work computer so I'll do it tomorrow morning, any preference for file format?

here ya go, the zip file has .eps,.dxf and .svg formats should cover just about any software.

Hey, the .dxf won't load for me (something about a bad layer on line 40). You feel like trying them again, or maybe even throwing in a .dwg?

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #818 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.S. View Post
Hey, the .dxf won't load for me (something about a bad layer on line 40). You feel like trying them again, or maybe even throwing in a .dwg?

Thanks!

here's an updated zip now with .dwg
Attached Files
File Type: zip heli.zip (72.0 KB, 117 views)
Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #819 (permalink)
Registered Users

You rule buddy, thanks for sharing your work!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #820 (permalink)

Thanks those are nice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in