Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Smile Yet another n00b video!

Here is yet another video of me trying to learn to fly my TREX 450 V2. The crash at the end [8|] wasn't that bad because I hit throttle hold as soon as I felt like I lost control. I was trying to do a piro wayy too close to the ground. I ended up bending a main shaft and possibly a feathering shaft. The blades were actually okay!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...78490279251360
BryMeister is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

almost time to loose the training gear

not to be an old git, but for hovering i think the location is ok, but for learning to fly i think next to the road is a bit silly , dont think a trex would stand much chance against a car :S

have you started to use throttle hold yet ? you will find the heli will 'bounce' less when you get the throttle hold on as the motor speed stays constant .. i think you should start flipping the switch soon, if you havnt already imo ofcourse
Blackrat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Maybe you should find a better place (bigger) to fly and not being so close to heli...
It looks a little dangerus to me...

But you are going the right way!

/Thomas
stuntpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Once again, you are dangerous....., I'm speech less
kenali is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah I agree, looking really good! But that's really close to yourself, and a busy street. I don't feel comfy unless the heli is many times further from me than that, you just never know what kind of brain fart that may come out of no where, mechanical issues, or when trees attack. Try it at a bigger space, and much further away from yourself, the camerawoman, and cars.... yeah you're right Blackrat, trex won't stand a chance against cars, but loosing a trex is not as big of a deal as causing a car accident, I'm pretty sure that if a trex ran into my car while I'm driving, that an accident is certain. So be careful BryMeister! hovering well though
crabfu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man, I wouldn't even try to fly an AXE CP in that driveway. Lets count the items to hit:
1. Moving car (sounds like a lawsuit to me)
2. Dads truck in the driveway (sounds like an asswoopin)
3. Nice looking pine trees
4. Camera man (might be dad, if it is let him read this post and then look at the lovely pictures in the safety section)
5. Yourself!

Nuff said......find a real place to learn how to nose in.

On the good side, Looks like you need to loose the training gear!
chadjay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks people! I do appreciate the admonision about safety. After my last scolding, I decided to set a "no fly" line and keep the Heli away from anothing behind that line. I think that I did that, in the least.

Yes, I know that my front yard is NOT an "ideal" location to fly, but it serves well for testing and such. I am probably getting too eager and over-doing it a bit, but I don't think that I am being unsafe with that last video.

I am just a n00b, but I think I can keep my Heli off the sreet!

Tomorrow, though, I am headed to my club's flying field to practice. I'll be able to get higher, practice my collective management, and of course, hovering orientations.

And of course, the SIM practice continues as well!

Thanks for all of the feedback.... good and bad.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

GET........TO......A..........FIELD!!!!!!!

Yeah, it looks like things got bent after that slight crash.
I admire the enthusiasm, but you really need to go where you can get 20 feet in the air and have play room!!
Helifarns is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking good, just lose the training gear and dont be afraid to get some altitude. When I first started I would stay really low, now ive learned "higher is better" or "2 mistakes high" Im still not doing 3d but can almost master everything else. Now I wish there was a flying field somewhere near here. The nearest field is over 30 miles away.
Trex 450 SE V2 -soldGy401+s9650, Hs65mgs,k&b stiffies,gorilla gear,FP evo lite 2500s
Futaba 7C 2.4g, phoenix sim, BC6
jeffros1805 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2007, 03:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lose the gear brymeister, your way past that!
Tom Burgess is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default The gear is GONE!

Okay guys, you convinced me. I took the gear off and I am doing okay. I'm just being really careful about my velocity when I am on a landing approach and always hit throttle hold when I am just about to touch down.

God, I love this Heli and I love this sport!

Yes, I NEED to go someplace bigger where I can gain altitude! Soon... The holiday weekend coming up 'might' present an opportunity, provided that we don't get a bad snowstorm like they say we might.

Normally, I like it when it snows between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but this year, I want bare ground as long as possible.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Back up

Everyone here has to agree back away from it until you get a little better at her in a more stable hover....You can ditch the training gear Dont think you need it anymore...You learn from your crashes,,,,,and there will be alot of crashes,,,so you will learn alot
Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm impressed!!! Anyone who can hover during an earthquake (surely that's what's happening during that video) has my respect!
rreidnauer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking good, but stay away from nose-in, for now. Practice it on the sim, but keep the nose away from you. When you are ready do some piros, but don't stop or correct with the nose toward you. You will now when you are ready for that. You are ready to practice your side-in hovers for sure though!

-J
jgoodwin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
I'm impressed!!! Anyone who can hover during an earthquake (surely that's what's happening during that video) has my respect!
ROFL!

Yes, even "anti-shake" technology can't compensate for the fact that my wife was only about half-way paying attention to the Heli while she is supposed to be filming it!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgsstm View Post
lose the gear brymeister, your way past that!
It looks like he's halfway there already.

Nose-in next to a busy street.......you've got big'uns BryMeister.
drb2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in