Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default OS Bubble-less clunk vs. Dubro Sintered Bronze filter

So i'm looking at an OS Bubble-less and a Dubro Sintered bronze in tank clunk/filter. looks almost identical except for material they are made of and the bronze clunk/filter is smaller.
OS clunk = $15
Dubro = $2.20

Anyone seen or thought of using one of these? I've got one right now that i'm planning on trying on mine...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clunk.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	33483  
lookin for another Vibe 50
invertmast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't know the difference, other than teh material, I'd think the OS clunk will be better quality, and more durable than the bronze. Lots of positive things have been said about the OS clunk, I've got one hanging on the wall and I'm going to stuff it in my 600N sometime when I stop being lazy.

FLEET: Blade 150S
fiveoboy01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

yea i've heard nothing but good about the OS too.. but for more than $10 cheaper, if this thing is anywhere as good as the OS its a good find. I installed mine tonight, so we'll see how it performs tommorrow and the coming days.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ah you are going to use one, well keep us updated. Hopefully these metal clunks(OS and dubro) don't wear out so there shouldn't be any need to replace them ever.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yea after the first flame out on my new hyper w/ in the 600N and after looking about in the LHS, i saw this and thought it looked like the OS bubble-less clunk... So i picked it up... afterall its only $2. and its got the same shape as the stock 600N clunk, so it can't be any worse (or better depending on how you look at it).. and again.. only $2 so why not..

If this works out fairly well, i'm going to experiment with using crankcase pressure off a OS 50 hyper and see if that helps with some of the consistency instead of using muffler exhaust pressure.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you using a header tank?

Old 12-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I,m using the Dubro klunk in my Evo 50 and the OS klunk in my 600N. They both work about the same.I'm not using a header tank on either,i'm using an OS on my evo with an OMI reg and aYS 50 on my 600N.

NO ES MI CULPA
G MAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no header tank here... didn't get it try it like i wanted today b/c my 2 in 1 took a crap on me (the new version) but i soon figured out what the problem was and had it fixed, but to late to go flying
Old 12-22-2007, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
no header tank here... didn't get it try it like i wanted today b/c my 2 in 1 took a crap on me (the new version) but i soon figured out what the problem was and had it fixed, but to late to go flying
Not to take this thread off too far, but can you link or describe your issue with the new Align 2 in 1 regulator? I'm about to put one in my bird!

Thanks!
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2007, 11:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

A friend and myself are both flying the 600 Pro's with out header tanks. He is useing the Dubro clunk and I am useing the OS Clunk and there seems to be no issues with either one regardless of flight attitudes and both seem to drain the the tanks to last drop. I dont believe regarding fuel clunk pick up performance it makes any difference between the two and I should also note that he is flying the YS engine and I am flying the OS engine although the tanks use different presure sources the clunks perform equally well,
Hope this input helps.
Air Time is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Not to take this thread off too far, but can you link or describe your issue with the new Align 2 in 1 regulator? I'm about to put one in my bird!

Thanks!
Pete
Pete,
not a problem. It just up and quit working over night with no use. after thinking about it for a few minutes, i realized that it was working BEFORE i removed the line from the tank to the carb to pull the tank for the dubro clunk install...
So i removed the switch from the 2 in 1 setup, took it apart and felt the inside of the case and there was an oiley residue (unburned glow fuel)
So i got some CRC electrical contact cleaner and drenched the inside of the switch case, the electrics and the switch itself. after 4 or 5 cleanings it began working again, and i haven't had an issue with it since.

The switch case apparently isn't "fuel proof" like i was told it was, so be careful where you mount the switch to keep it out of contact with any direct unburned fuel.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
Pete,
not a problem. It just up and quit working over night with no use. after thinking about it for a few minutes, i realized that it was working BEFORE i removed the line from the tank to the carb to pull the tank for the dubro clunk install...
So i removed the switch from the 2 in 1 setup, took it apart and felt the inside of the case and there was an oiley residue (unburned glow fuel)
So i got some CRC electrical contact cleaner and drenched the inside of the switch case, the electrics and the switch itself. after 4 or 5 cleanings it began working again, and i haven't had an issue with it since.

The switch case apparently isn't "fuel proof" like i was told it was, so be careful where you mount the switch to keep it out of contact with any direct unburned fuel.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will definitely keep that placement in mind when installing the switch now. I suppose it would be easy to get a fuel proof switch too. I wonder why Align didn't do that?

Thanks Again!
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2007, 04:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Dubro Sintered bronze clunk is a bit too light for a heli

Gryphon field rep
Jafa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will definitely keep that placement in mind when installing the switch now. I suppose it would be easy to get a fuel proof switch too. I wonder why Align didn't do that?

Thanks Again!
Pete
the weird thing is, the harness that goes from the actual 2 in 1 to the switch has a connector on the switch end w/ a rubber boot to water/fuel proof it i guess as does the "ignition start" push button, but the actual on/off switch is left unprotected.. kinda odd, but ohhh welll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafa
The Dubro Sintered bronze clunk is a bit too light for a heli
according to my scale is about 10grams lighter... we'll see how it does tommorrow if the weather is good..
Old 12-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

after 5 very aggressive flights today, i can say the Dubro filter clunk is doing exactly what i was hoping it was going to do.. Before the dubro clunk when i was running the stock align supplied clunk, the last 1/8 to 1/4 of a tank of fuel, the engine would go lean and would get progressively leaner as the tank emptied...

Today with the dubro clunk installed, the engine got slightly leaner at 1/4 tank and stayed at this slightly leaner (maybe 4 clicks leaner compared to what i normally run the engine at) mixture setting the entire time until the tank was completely empty of all fuel at which point it sped up and quit. The main thing is, the mixture stayed consistent the entire flight and for the entire last 1/4 of a tank it stayed consistent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in