Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from London/Essex in UK

Guess its my round at the bar then! I'm having a pint of lager. Hi I'm Nigel from London/Essex border. Been out of RC models for a while now but finally achieved my ambition for a heli. I have a Blade 450 3D and DX6i which I bought as RTF kit but I also bought a crashed 450 3D off Fleabay to rebuild and learn about set up etc without tinkering with my no 1 Blade. Already found some good info on here as I had a hard landing a couple of weeks ago and went to fly last night and found the heli to be pulling quite hard to the rear and left. Someone on here had an identical problem and it turned out his swash was no longer level. So guess what I'm doing today. Problem also started after DX6i was replaced after first one had dry pot on one channel, so not sure if this could cause a problem. All settings were swapped over by the shop and I checked them and can't see a problem with that.
Well thats all for now, off to level some swashes!
tigger390 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like we are both new and from the UK. Your advantage is that you have experience with RC and I dont

I am right on the beginners step with a pair of cheap Co-axials, I take it your flingwings are collective / cyclics?
Crowflite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 04:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi there, yes they are both collective. I've done the toy things you fly around the living room as well. I'm up to a reasonably well controlled hover and nervously moving around at the moment. I spend as much time on the phoenix sim as well as it is good for overall control, nose in etc but not the same as the real thing. I'm having set up problems at the moment as I had my transmitter replaced last weekend and all of a sudden mine now pulls hard to the rear and left. Have levelled the swash, set pitch etc, still the same. Spoke to the shop yesterday and they say I need to trim the heli in the sub trim to fly level. I though that was the whole point of levelling swah etc. Seems to have worked though. Hope to have crashed one repaired and set up this weekend. Where abouts in the UK are you?
tigger390 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in Harlow ,
plenty of model flying areas in the locality that I intend taking the F39 to, including common land with long grass to soften the cras...ahem, I mean...landings!

Currently digesting the manual, The F39 is nearly 3 foot long, second hand from fleabay with a few scars and dings. not as if that matters, it will end up with a few more I dare say
Crowflite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in