Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default new model setup problem

so i'm retiring my furion because parts are getting harder to get and more expensive and I bought a mini protos, its all together now but I have 2 problems, 1 when I set the rudder I press the setup rudder button centre the servo with the stick then hit the centre button in the software, when I hit the centre button the servo moves and it says 10% in the software ,I don't remember that happening before, once centre is set I thought it stayed there so that I could adjust for zero pitch
and question 2 one of my cyclic servos is moving more than the others, it seems to have more travel in the bottom half of the range, this has happened before but I don't remember what I did to fix it, it also seems to be moving faster but that could be because it has more travel this is the pitch(left ) servo so I was wondering if it had anything to do with a throttle setting in my radio(futaba 14 sg)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

1 last thing while i'm asking my servo travel when I do set it is left 76 right 136 does this mean I need a longer servo arm to get it nearer 100 in both directions?
Old 07-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
1 last thing while i'm asking my servo travel when I do set it is left 76 right 136 does this mean I need a longer servo arm to get it nearer 100 in both directions?
I take it that u are refering to ur tail servo in the above,If i had that
amount of differance in travel i first would power the servo to center
it so i could find the closest gear spine to center my servo horn on to,2nd if that has been done correctly and it is still that fare off i would find a better servo horn that would get me as close to center
as possible the 6 pointed starr type work really well if u have them
thats one thing i don't like about smaller heli's ur horn options
are really limited on the smaller servos.after i do the above BEST
i can then i will use software center button then adjust with stick to move the horn at 90* then make sure my tail blades are 0*,then
adjust my push rod to what ever that amount is an i make sure
when i install the rod it dont move my tail slider at ALL
tfrotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

if u increase ur servo arm then u well need less travel% to get u
where u are going
Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you have the wrong sequence,after set rudder,press center and then move the stik to corect the center.
Outrage 550 _my big love
flydoc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrotor View Post
I take it that u are refering to ur tail servo in the above,If i had that
amount of differance in travel i first would power the servo to center
it so i could find the closest gear spine to center my servo horn on to,2nd if that has been done correctly and it is still that fare off i would find a better servo horn that would get me as close to center
as possible the 6 pointed starr type work really well if u have them
thats one thing i don't like about smaller heli's ur horn options
are really limited on the smaller servos.after i do the above BEST
i can then i will use software center button then adjust with stick to move the horn at 90* then make sure my tail blades are 0*,then
adjust my push rod to what ever that amount is an i make sure
when i install the rod it dont move my tail slider at ALL
the biggest problem I have is when I press the centre button the servo moves about 10 degrees of its own accord, I can worry about getting the mechanical centre once I figure this out
Old 07-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

then after u press the center button recenter ur horn best u can
an then use ur stick for fine adjustment an u should be good to go.
whatever gets u there with the least amount of adjustment
Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail will move off center depending on where the collective stick is positioned. This is the tail pre comp in the software. I don't remember it doing this while still in setup mode though, and typically it jumps once you disconnect from the USB. You could always try with the collective at mid stick/zero pitch and see if it still moves on you.

You are fine if the tail blades are at zero pitch when you are at mid stick collective, when out of setup mode. Any movement of pos or neg pitch will cause the blades to start moving a little and this is normal.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

=] Anthony, do what the guys are telling you, hit servo centre, adjust the star arm for near 90 deg, use Tx to fine tune it, set the blades so they line up when folded back for zero pitch, set end-points, done.

ignore the servo movement when you enter this mode, take it as gospel. are you setting the swash type to H-1 in the Tx?

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well I reset the unit from sprt to 3d several times checking the rudder after each attempt, at around the 5th go the tail didn't move when I hit the centre button so it was all good, now as far as the servo movement goes I know its to do with setup but one servo (pitch )has more movement than the others, so I lowered that one in the software and I think its good too.
what I found odd was that at midstick they were all level with 1% adjustment on the pitch servo it dropped about 10 degrees as if the centre position was between 0 and 10 dergrees which was what I was getting when I moved the stick to its extents. from midstick to high stick it was fine from midstick to low stick the pitch servo accelerated so the swash would drop to one side but then bring the stick back to mid and they are all level again.
after resetting numerous times that appears to have gone too but my pitch servo isn't at the default 125%movement its around 115%, but so long as it works i'm good
Old 07-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
well I reset the unit from sprt to 3d several times checking the rudder after each attempt, at around the 5th go the tail didn't move when I hit the centre button so it was all good, now as far as the servo movement goes I know its to do with setup but one servo (pitch )has more movement than the others, so I lowered that one in the software and I think its good too.
what I found odd was that at midstick they were all level with 1% adjustment on the pitch servo it dropped about 10 degrees as if the centre position was between 0 and 10 dergrees which was what I was getting when I moved the stick to its extents. from midstick to high stick it was fine from midstick to low stick the pitch servo accelerated so the swash would drop to one side but then bring the stick back to mid and they are all level again.
after resetting numerous times that appears to have gone too but my pitch servo isn't at the default 125%movement its around 115%, but so long as it works i'm good
If ur having trouble A1 don't forget about the setup wizards,that will bail u out every time
Old 07-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

that's what I was using to check the rudder
Old 07-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

=] 115% is fine, just make sure there isn't a rogue servo arm ie, different hole spacings to the others.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hole spacing is the same , that was the first thing I checked, but the acceleration from mid to low stick was noticeable and the arm ended up lower than the other 2 servos.
I re-checked everything last night and did the maiden this morning which went well, none of the problems like I had with my furion so apart from the minor hiccup all is good , let the fine tuning begin
Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

=] good work!

Old 07-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I have to hang my head in shame, I was flying yesterday and found that hovering was very twitchy, there was zero wind but it was like flying hovering in the wind small corrections but big jumps in height, still seemed to fly ok but issues around hovering throttle, I flew 3 batteries this way and it seemed to improve with each one, last night I decided to check it out again and redo setup just in case, and once again around centre stick the left servo would move faster around centre than the other 2, this is the servo that I limited the movement on as it was moving too far, so I decided to take it out and have a closer look, I plugged it into a different port and it did the same thing so then I thought its the servo and took it apart, everything seemed ok apart from the gears were very black with grease, so I cleaned them in alcohol and put them back with no grease and the servo started working properly, I even had to reset the movement as there wasn't enough, so now i'm back to 125% all round and all 3 are moving together, I had no idea that lubing them would cause so much problem, flew 4 more times today and all smooth, doh!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in